bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Oriental Dreams

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 6, 10 1:57 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Oriental Dreams? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

REDFIRER
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Oriental Dreams

[Post New]by REDFIRER on May 6, 10 4:22 AM
I like the game it is fun to play with the ball it is easy at first but i think as you keep going it will get harder

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 6, 10 6:42 AM
I don`t like this game, not a buy for me

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 6, 10 7:27 AM
If you're into match-3 games, then definitely demo this one.

The gameplay reminds me of just one other game, Pharaoh's Secret (from another game site). This game has more to it though - there's hidden object mini games, and a story line that's interesting so far. Music hasn't been annoying so far but hasn't pulled me in yet as much as Master Wu's (hidden object game).

This is definitely going on my "may buy list". (I bought so many games the past couple months, my spending pants need patching and my eyeballs need a rest . )

Update: Bought this game today and played it thru to the end. Then replayed any levels that had green dots to bring those up to silver or gold. Not tempted to play more at the moment.

Part of me loves this game. Part of me is very disappointed in the story except in that it sets the scene. And by now I'm tired of looking at Nicole's but* in those jeans so tight (and short-waisted) that it makes my nether parts hurt just to look at them finally.

Overall, a beautiful game. The hidden object scene graphics look sort of washed out though, but I liked the scenes chosen and the animated water and clouds. I'm very glad I bought this game.

Edited on 05/27/2010 at 10:38:26 PM PST

[Post New]by pratchettfan777 on May 6, 10 10:36 AM
Thanks I am going to give this a try later. Crossing fingers here.

coscat
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by coscat on May 6, 10 11:43 AM
I also liked this game. Its a different type of match 3, makes you think more. It does get harder as you go along. I don't think its very long, however. I think I finished about 1/3 in the demo hour but didn't read the story. Liked the few HOGs along the way but the simple match card games are way too easy. If you like stratigy match 3 than give this one a try.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on May 6, 10 12:47 PM
The only match-3 gamesI've played are Fishdom and 4 Elements, so I thought I would expand my horizens and try this one. Am I too much of a match-3 novice? Most of the time, I didnt feel like I knew what I was doing......maybe I haven't developed the knack for the stratagy, yet. It is a very pleasant, lovely looking game. I haven't decided yet if I should pursue it further...............

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on May 6, 10 2:11 PM
Although the boards look the same, I don't think this game has anything to do with the usual match 3 style. It is the portion of the Hidden Wonders 2 & 3 that I liked the best of their various game boards. After the first few boards the game develops an almost chess-like feel in that you have to plan several moves ahead. It does have a few token ****'s and "Concentration" type screens, but this is definitely a thinking game! I love it... If you really like puzzle/thinking games, this is for you!

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on May 6, 10 2:20 PM
I've seen this before-- how come when I (and others) type in capital h and capital o to denote "hidden object" games I get a series of asterisks as though I typed something naughty?

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 6, 10 3:26 PM
goldendog if you think about it H and O together denote a woman of less than reputable standing with gang slang... as a family friendly site, BFG reserves the right to block certain language... that happens to be one of if not THE most blocked word on this site!

this game was like "atomica" but serious... totally not for me... the only thing i liked about "atomica" was the whimsy as it got really frustrating really fast... i will say that the graphic were absolutely beautiful and on par with some high end work in the hidden object world, but what else can expect from alawar? they are top notch in everything they do... this style is just NOT for me...

happy bubble popping

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on May 6, 10 4:36 PM
ember89---

Thanks, I'd never have made the connection--won't use the acronym again...

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on May 6, 10 5:09 PM
alvertis5706 wrote:The only match-3 gamesI've played are Fishdom and 4 Elements,

As these are two of my favorite match 3's,

I thought I would share some unsolicited advice and let you know about a few other match 3's that I would highly recommend.

Emerald Tale - Excellent game!

Around the World in 80 Days - Great game

If you or anyone else reading this would like more recommendations, feel free to PM me.

Enjoy!

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on May 7, 10 9:34 AM
This game saved me as I was sitting here with three credits burning a hole in my pocket and needing to be distracted from my favorite cat being put to sleep on account of pancreatic cancer yesterday.

I love this game, although I may start having trouble with it at the higher levels. As someone else pointed out, the Hidden Wonders of the Depths games have a similar game mode, where new tokens pop up and block your path for moving the old ones (or help you get rid of the old ones). This is a more complex version of the same game. There is a story of sorts, and some HOG segments and memory tile segments to keep things varied. The memory tiles have been very simple so far, but the HOG's aren't too elementary.

There is a timer, but it counts up, not down, and only affects the trophies you get. So you can think about your moves (and you need to). I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to best use the power-ups. I'll post some tips once I've figured out the areas that need them. This one definitely gets a Lisa-approved with rating from me, with the caveat that it's a thinking game, not a find-matches-quickly game, and some fishes may not enjoy that.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on May 7, 10 7:41 PM
Sorry about your cat ecblisa.
I hope that this game helps you focus on something else for a while.

I really liked this as it is a bit different to the typical Match3.
The fact that the levels are all mixed up as well helps a lot. Sometimes with Match3 games it can get a little tedious matching the same thing over and over.

Took me a while to get used to the bonus thing on the left hand side of the screen, but once I worked out that you need to get the right number of balls consecutively rather then whenever you wanted it become even more fun.

This one is going to be a serious consideration.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on May 8, 10 8:53 AM
If I'm not mistaken, this type of game is played in Saqqarah. I played that several times over. This game is not as challenging but it's fun to play and you have to use your brain a bit.

Here's a hint: if you see a small ball on the screen, look to see if you can place another one on top of it. They allow that. If you let it go till next move, it'll grow big and then block your way to other balls. Get rid of as many matches as you can, think ahead, and use those smaller balls to your advantage.

ecblisa - I'm sorry about your cat, too. I love cats and one is 17 years old now. I'm afraid of the day when she has to be put down humanely. Thanks for caring for yours so well for so many years!

dandunte
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by dandunte on May 8, 10 10:39 AM
I really enjoyed the game. I played all the way through and it does get harder. I spent over an hour on a couple of levels. It is not your traditional match 3 because you really do have to plan your moves. If you like match 3 and don't mind a challenge give it a try it is a nice switch.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on May 9, 10 11:38 AM
I'm on the last few levels, and there's only one word for this game - fiendish!
But fun.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on May 9, 10 12:40 PM
Several others have mentioned similar game play in Hidden Wonders. I loved that part of Hidden Wonders and found it to be the most challenging. I thought I had pretty much reached my maximum on match three games, but then 10 minutes into the demo of this game and I knew I had to have it. I don't have anything negative to say about it. The graphics, music, story line, and game play with the changing levels are great. And as an added bonus, it you are driven to get only gold trophies, you can replay a level as many times as you want to get the gold.
Definitely a buy for me!

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on May 9, 10 7:39 PM
Cheap immitation of Pharaoh's Secret. Why on earth they added grainy hog scenes is beyond me. Another M3 with complicated powerups that have too many rules to get them or use them.

[Post New]by jbaasch on May 11, 10 6:53 PM
I liked the game very much, although I think it was pretty easy. I don't know if I'm saying this cause I'm a match 3 addicted; I just think it could be more difficult. Therefore, it seemed to me it ended too soon.
I finished it in just one evening when it usually takes me a couple of days to finish other games of the same type.

Still it's worthy, mostly for being a different kind of match 3 game.

Go to: