Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rose Riddle: The Fairy Tale Detective Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 24, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/24/2017 at 9:08:19 AM PST

123deb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rose Riddle: The Fairy Tale Detective Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by 123deb on Oct 24, 17 12:39 AM
I just tried this game and it's freezing on the second board when reviewing the diary for the first time. I use Windows 10.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rose Riddle: The Fairy Tale Detective Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by melissa3782 on Oct 24, 17 3:37 AM
Game loaded fine - all graphics looked good until i got to the actually 1st level. All black background but could see the people and the objects i needed. 2nd level was the same thing. Windows Vista.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rose Riddle: The Fairy Tale Detective Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 24, 17 9:08 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rose Riddle: The Fairy Tale Detective Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 24, 17 9:37 AM
Hello 123deb and melissa3782,

I'm really sorry to hear there has been trouble getting the game to work. Let's try fixing this!

When a game has a black background or freezes, a display error might be occurring. I'd recommend checking to see whether the video card driver is up to date. This driver directs how the computer's graphics display, and installing a newer version can be really helpful. I'd also suggest running the game in Administrator Mode to ensure it has all of the permissions it needs.

The following help pages will walk you through those processes.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If these suggestions don't work, then please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be more than happy to help. Should any questions remain, you're also welcome to PM me or a fellow moderator. We'll answer your queries as quickly as we can!

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by melissa3782 on Oct 25, 17 4:13 AM
Thank you for the suggestions. I confirmed my video card driver is up to date, so i went and changed the game to run in administrator mode. Since i have done that the game will not launch either from the Games Manager or from the actual program file. I will reach out to the tech team when i can.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Oct 29, 17 9:41 AM
I just finished the CE version, extra levels and all - loved the game, had no technical problems with actually playing it.

However when I was about to shut it down I clicked the 'notebook' and it is written in what looks like Russian. Everything in the game proper was in English, it was just the notebook that isn't.

That said, it did not spoil my enjoyment of the game in the least, I just thought I should mention it in case the Devs need to know.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 29, 17 5:08 PM
Hello Kamali and melissa3782,

Thank you for letting us know what your experiences have been while playing or troubleshooting Rose Riddle: The Fairy Tale Detective Collector's Edition.

Kamali, thank you for letting us know this is happening. I've made sure to provide this to the right teams so they know what you have experienced. If you continue to see this happen, or see other places not displaying properly, please contact our Technical Support Team with the title of this game, and, if possible, a screenshot of what is being experienced. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they are able.

melissa3782, thank you for letting us know what has happened after trying those suggestions. In this case, I definitely recommend contacting our Support Team when you are able to do so. You can also remove the "Run as Administrator" mode from the game, since it sounds like the game is not starting with that option set. Thank you for your patience while working with our teams.

Thank you all for your patience as well. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Kbar772 on Oct 29, 17 9:11 PM
I had no problem with the games for many levels. I purchased it and still was able to continue using it. I then had a thread issue and the computer restarted. Once it restarted I have been unable to play the game. It opens, but says new text down where I think player would be. I cannot get any buttons to react to start the game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I am on Windows 10.

[Post New]by Choosychops on Oct 30, 17 10:16 AM
Yes I am experiencing the same problems as Kbar772. It was all working fine and then I had a thread issue and now cannot play the game as it just says new text and won't let me press any of the buttons. I am also on Windows 10.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Oct 31, 17 1:21 PM
Hi Kbar772 and Choosychops,

It sounds like there's been trouble with getting objects in the game to respond while playing. Let's see what we can do to get things working better.

When items in the game don't respond as expected, there can be permissions issues interfering with how the game is intended to work. One way to address that is to run the game as an Administrator. The following link has steps on how to do that, if you'd like to take a look:

Should that not resolve the issue, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. They have better tools for taking over from there. You're also welcome to send a PM to either me or another of our Moderators with any additional questions or concerns. We're happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

amgood49
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by amgood49 on Nov 3, 17 10:39 PM
I believe it is flaw in the game
when you use the freeze timer it only last for about half of what the clock shows
and then starts running it again does not freeze it for the entire time on the right side button.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rose Riddle: The Fairy Tale Detective Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Yaelle on Nov 28, 17 7:05 PM
I'm having a problem with all of the dialogue scenes - they're scrolling by in roughly one second each, before I can even read anything. About 15% of the time they're really slow, though. Like the page will stay on that view for way too long a time before automatically going forward.

[Post New]by AzBookend on Nov 29, 17 8:48 PM
There appears to be a problem with 11B since many players on this forum cannot reach gold (me included). Is there something we should know to accomplish this? Thank you.

ptg701
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ptg701 on Jan 25, 18 12:25 PM
I'm having trouble reading post cards and messages in-between the games. Using a Mac. The messages flash off before I can read 3 words. Yes I'm a slow reader but these are off super fast. Thanks for help to slow the jokes down to slower reading.

cestqui
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rose Riddle: The Fairy Tale Detective Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by cestqui on Feb 26, 18 2:16 PM
amgood49 wrote:I believe it is flaw in the game
when you use the freeze timer it only last for about half of what the clock shows
and then starts running it again does not freeze it for the entire time on the right side button.

I have the same issue

cestqui
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rose Riddle: The Fairy Tale Detective Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by cestqui on Feb 26, 18 2:57 PM
AzBookend wrote:There appears to be a problem with 11B since many players on this forum cannot reach gold (me included). Is there something we should know to accomplish this? Thank you.

I have the same issue and wonder if it relates to the time freeze not lasting as indicated (see previous post).

Go to: