Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Rose Riddle: The Fairy Tale Detective Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 24, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/24/2017 at 9:10:30 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Rose Riddle: The Fairy Tale Detective Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 24, 17 2:36 AM
Yustas Game Studio, promoted by a known dev that will be *** out when I type the name, is the dev of this very fun and interesting TM game.

I have lost interest in most TM games of this type, because they are all the same. And here, at last, is a game that is different. It has a proper story, it has fun characters, it's entertaining, and I can search for stuff inside homes, rather than just outside on the roads. Don't recall having done this before.

What I also like is that the workers don't talk when they collect stuff, and you can click ahead.

--- --- ---

Additional: I am using a Win10, 64-bit laptop, and have no problems with the game.

Edited on 10/24/2017 at 5:22:16 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Rose Riddle: The Fairy Tale Detective Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 24, 17 9:10 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Rose Riddle: The Fairy Tale Detective Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Rose Riddle: The Fairy Tale Detective Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Oct 24, 17 9:45 AM
OK, I am a pretty fast reader, but.. I can't even start reading some of the "post cards" before they are gone. I just hope they are not really important to the game. Is there a way to keep them visible for at least split second longer?

I am so glad to see a different kind of TM game. As I get older I find the "find a black cat in the dark forest with no moon" HOGs to be a pain. I don't want scary, creepy games , I do this to escape the real world, not live it in a game. THANKS.

I liked it enough to buy it. The music is way too repetitive, but I just mute it.

Edited on 10/24/2017 at 12:35:11 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 24, 17 11:38 AM
I agree about the speed of text. It goes by much too fast, but the text itself - from the little I was able to read - isn't important to the gameplay.

I love this game, and have no problems - so far - getting through each level. Nor do I have problems finding the items needed. They are not hard to find.

Also, what I have noticed is that I don't have to repair everything or remove all the bolders and such. For example, some areas can be entered at two different places. And if I clear one of the paths into this place, I don't have to clear the path at the other end.

[Post New]by lkuczynski on Oct 24, 17 2:22 PM
KUDOS to the developers! What a great game! Need more games like this game.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Oct 26, 17 6:45 AM
Hmmm. This game is only okay for me. The graphics are good, and I like the concept of investigating.
However, I don't really have an interest in any story lines in these games, and never really have. I just like a simple, good TM game, and there are precious few. (We TM fans have been saying this for years, and neither BF or developers seem to listen, BF never even responds to my questions about this).
I just found this game to be rather a click-fest, and I got bored of having to collect a thousand cup-cakes and a thousand tool-things before being able to do anything, which after a while, I found boring.
The characters are good, but I can't get over the constant clicking and running, and that seems to be the concept to do anything. Yeah, I get that part of a TM game is clicking, but this game has too much of it, IMO.
I enjoyed most of my free hour, but I'm certainly not paying double or two tokens for a game because it's a "CE" and will have a few extra levels. I find the CE concept a rip-off, personally, when most are just those extra few levels.
TBH, I wouldn't pay for the regular addition either.
Each to their own, but this one isn't for me.

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Oct 26, 17 9:42 AM
This game is AWESOME!! Love the different things to do in this TM game! Searching through a house rather than down roads is such a welcome change! Love TM games and glad to see many others are thrilled with this game. Please...more like this!!!

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Oct 29, 17 9:44 AM
I just finished the CE version, extra levels and all, thanks to today's 60% off sale.

I loved the game, and I had no technical problems with actually playing it.

I hope there will be a sequel - soon.

Edited on 10/29/2017 at 9:44:49 AM PST

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Oct 29, 17 12:11 PM
After playing for awhile, I had to buy, I really like this type of Time Management Games. Its something different from the HO games. This has a cute story, I usually don't get into the story's in the games. I get tired of the dark games, someone getting kidnapped, this is a nice change. This game can be very additive, something to do on a cold gloomy day. It can be changeling, if you are trying to get 3 badges. I agree with everyone saying, we need more games like this one.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Nov 18, 17 6:24 PM
loving this game.

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Nov 30, 17 3:53 AM
Yes, this is a nice game and the story is good - different. And I also like the characters.
But I do not understand what the different game modes are for! I have tried them all. In casual you get 3 stars no matter for how long time you spend on a level and in normal and expert modes the time never runs out, but you don't get any stars if it takes you too long time to finish it. So what? There are no signs on map how many stars, if any, you have gained. It really would be nice to know which levels one should improve. And this matter takes a part off the fun, for me anyway.

dollfaye
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by dollfaye on Dec 26, 17 2:53 AM
I really want to love this game! The story-line is a little boring but I don't play a game for that feature, anyhow. I love the challenge of making my way to the various clues rather than just clearing a path to the end goal. The graphics are colorful and clear. I am hearing impaired so I can't say much about the sound....sorry. What turned me off about the game is
1. The objects all "stick" a little whenever you click on them. This can slow you down in a most infuriating way!
2 I consider myself an intermediate time management player but too many of the levels are just too hard to get gold on....even in normal mode. I think a lot of players are finding this to be true because there's only one page of posts on the forums.....No help when there's none to be found. Yeah, I could play the un-timed mode but there's absolutely no challenge in that.
All-in-all, I'd have to say this is a game more for very experienced players who get off on frenzied click fests.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Mar 21, 18 9:42 PM
Sooo....much....clicking. Holy cow. I bought this months ago when it came out & actually had uninstalled it because it became so monotonous & repetitive but I tried it again this week and um, yeah. Its still monotonous & repetitive.

Suggestions for these types of games: I'm not sure but add SOMETHING. Not just click, click, click, end.

The dialogue between levels is so fast youre lucky if you can make out 3 words. I'm a very fast reader & I can barely even catch a glimpse!

Go to: