Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

It would be nice

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Oct 24, 17 11:57 AM
if you could choose the event items when playing the puzzles. I’ve been playing them lately to get the gems since I’m buying so many traps. But still not a big fan of them since I never seem to chose the correct hand.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:It would be nice

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 24, 17 1:08 PM
Unfortunately, seasonal items have never been included in the puzzles ..... I was hoping that the Fall items would be "activated" and available during the event, but it didn't happen.

For players who have done the previous Fall event ..... it generally is no problem at all in securing the needed items/pets, etc. that are added to the event when it starts anew.

Last year, I was able to catch up with all Fall items on my PC game (that I started after the first Fall event) ..... plus, I was able to get everything I needed in my main game on iPad.

But...... I doubt newbies (who are now trying to get everything from all 3 times the event has run) will be able to get everything done in one event's time ...... so, all they can do is pick and choose what is the most important to them and wait for following events to try to catch up.

And...... I wonder if at some point the Devs won't just decide that the items from the first Fall event will no longer be available...... if we keep having Fall events with new items added, it will become quite difficult to even get the new things because there will be so much of the old stuff that still is wanted/needed.

My hat is off the the Devs for juggling it as well as they have so far!!!!

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Oct 24, 17 1:46 PM
So it sounds like in order for me to craft pets from past events I will need to put the items on my wishlist since that’s the only way I will get them now. I didn’t realize that, but very glad you explained it. This is my first fall event, I started my game in the middle of last year’s Christmas event and didn’t know the value of having friends, of course John tried to help me out occasionally

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 24, 17 2:10 PM
Love_rnr wrote:So it sounds like in order for me to craft pets from past events I will need to put the items on my wishlist since that’s the only way I will get them now.

All items needed for the pets from previous Fall Events are currently given when completing the Daily Quests.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 24, 17 2:22 PM
When you complete the Daily Quest, you get EITHER a Fur Ball or Glowing Mixture .... plus 100 coins, a pumpkin, and a pet medallion.....

When you collect these items, you will then receive an Iron Chest that contains 4 items ... these items can be a smattering of the old pet components or a possible Ghost Trap or two ...

When the event first started, I did every daily quest that was presented..... including the ones for the old (red, blue, green) ghosts, even though I had all of them already in my Ghost Book.

Sunday, when I got my 3rd DQ for old ghosts followed by only 2 candy quests and then another old ghost DQ, I quit doing the DQs and focused on the remaining new ghosts I needed to fill my pages. (By then, I had done about 65 of the DQs, so I had all but 1 of the Fur Ball and 4 of the Glowing Mixture)

Today, my first DQ was for old ghosts again, so I have basically stopped doing them all together and have just been doing puzzles to get diamonds to purchase Ghost Traps to get my final ghosts.

Soooooooooo, doing the DQs helped me a LOT with securing the new pet parts and some of the old ones that I was lacking.

dfkdkfl_1960
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by dfkdkfl_1960 on Oct 24, 17 6:32 PM
it would be nice to have that in everyday tasks the ghosts were without color.and just to catch the phantom who what is needed.last year I don't need and today only come across old and spend them on traps makes no sense and so they are given very little

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Oct 25, 17 8:09 AM
Paula, keep putting the old pet parts you need on your wishlist - I still have lots of most things - plus I think the game will be more likely to give you what you have on your wishlist.

Remember, you can craft the pets year-round. It's only the ghosts that have to be caught during the event.

I just saw your post in the other thread - no worries, I'll keep sending them as long as you need them. Put them on your "other" wishlist, too, & send those to yourself if you want to speed it up.

Edited on 10/25/2017 at 8:29:11 AM PST

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Oct 25, 17 8:47 AM
Desertdruid wrote:Paula, keep putting the old pet parts you need on your wishlist - I still have lots of most things - plus I think the game will be more likely to give you what you have on your wishlist.

Remember, you can craft the pets year-round. It's only the ghosts that have to be caught during the event.

I just saw your post in the other thread - no worries, I'll keep sending them as long as you need them. Put them on your "other" wishlist, too, & send those to yourself if you want to speed it up.

As always, best advice ever! I will open up my wishlist on the other too, never thought of that.

Thanks

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Oct 25, 17 9:35 AM
OK, Paula, I just sent you a paw, a feather, & a candle. Huh?
Every time I sent something, a few minutes later it would bounce back. So I'd send something different.
I'm curious to know what you actually receive. I hope you get all 3!

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Oct 25, 17 2:01 PM
I got the paw Thank you

Go to: