Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 25, 17 3:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/25/2017 at 9:03:24 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 here.

[Post New]by mdgustin on Oct 25, 17 7:17 AM
I play on a Mac and downloaded Cruise Dir. 4 today but could not start it. This has happened with other cruise director games. Can't buy something I can't try.

lk32
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lk32 on Oct 25, 17 8:13 AM
I play on a windows 10 PC. I can't see all of the game. If I change out of full screen mode I still can't see all of the game. I have never had this problem with any other Vacation Adventures:Cruise Director games . Please help!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 25, 17 9:04 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 25, 17 9:15 AM
Hello mdgustin and lk32,

Good morning! I'm sorry the game isn't opening and displaying properly. Let's see if we can fix this.

mdgustin, I would recommend updating a few key pieces of software. This might help the game run more smoothly. The help page below contains those instructions as well as other troubleshooting suggestions.

Mac Game Troubleshooting

lk32, since this sounds like a display glitch, please check to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver directs how the computer's graphics display, and installing a new version can often fix display issues. I'd also recommend increasing the game's permissions by running it in Administrator Mode. The help pages below will walk you through those respective processes.

Should these suggestions not fix the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. My fellow moderators and I are also happy to answer any remaining questions, so please don't hesitate to PM one of us if the need arises.

bfgBeruna

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Oct 25, 17 12:44 PM
This game will not run on Windows XP, even though it says it does.

This is by far not the only time BFG has claimed a game is XP-compatible and it isn't.

I don't appreciate the dishonesty (or the carelessness if this is merely an assumption on BFG's part that the games will work and nobody in the tech department actually checks these things out.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 25, 17 4:28 PM
Hello Valkara,

I'm really sorry to hear the game isn't running on a Windows XP computer. The games on the Big Fish Games are rigorously tested before they're released, but sometimes an unforeseen error occurs after we make the title available. I want to assure you that we're committed to finding resolutions when such a situation does arise.

Please contact our Customer Support Team to receive a replacement for this game. I'd also recommend trying the trial version of games whenever possible to test whether it will run smoothly.

Thank you for your patience, and please PM me or another if further questions arise. I'll be glad to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Marfar50 on Oct 26, 17 8:41 AM
Vacation Adventures; Cruise Director 4 will not download in my game manager. II get an error message 1400. I tried to download other games and they downloaded fine. This is the only game that won't download. I have sent a complaint to customer service but as of yet I haven't heard anything. I'm just wondering if anyone in the forum would have any idea why it won't download? It doesn't even begin in the download queue. Nothing happens!??????????????

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Oct 26, 17 7:11 PM
Mega hint doesn't work at all. Can't reset the ATM puzzle or move forward after getting the right number. Win 10.

Bunny1419
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Bunny1419 on Oct 27, 17 12:35 PM
Running latest version of MAC and OS. The mouse is tiny and moves slow when I load this game. I have tried everything to fix it.....

[Post New]by Luther54 on Oct 28, 17 12:40 PM
I have so many BF games and never had problems with download and play but I can't play this game. I tried many times to download and it worked by the 5 time but when I will start it say my s3e application launcher is not working. Never had this problem before. I have tried everything to fix it but no playing

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Oct 30, 17 1:42 PM
Hey Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some display issues and download issues with Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4. Let's see what we can do to get things working better.

Marfar50, when there's trouble getting a game to download, the following help article has some steps specifically for error 1400:

Errors 1400, 1401, 1402, and 1404

Should the steps there not resolve the issue, our best bet is to continue working with our Technical Support Team. If you haven't heard back from them yet, it may help to reply to the confirmation email sent with the initial request. We appreciate your patience!

essgee52, I'm very sorry that the Mega Hint button doesn't seem to be responding and that there's been trouble resetting/progressing beyond the ATM puzzle. Both of these issues could be caused by the game not having enough permissions to run correctly. I've included a couple of links that may help get things moving for us. For the Crashing, Freezing, Blank Screen article, the section about updating video card drivers may be the most helpful:

For the mouse moving slowly, Bunny1419, I definitely understand how that could make playing difficult. It may help to turn off the Custom Cursor through the in-game Options menu. If that doesn't do the trick, the following link has some troubleshooting steps to try that could be helpful:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Luther54, when errors come up during the start up for a game, this can be due to permissions troubles, and the following article may help:

Should these any of these issues persist, please reach out to our Technical Support Team, or send a PM to me or another Moderator. We'll be happy to help in whatever way we can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: