Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 25, 17 3:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/25/2017 at 9:05:14 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 25, 17 6:17 AM
I have no idea why Vacation Adventures games are so appealing, but once you start playing, it's hard to stop! These are the same devs who offer Christmas Wonderland, Halloween Trick or Treat, Easter games, Ultimate Puzzles and my personal favorite Vacation Park Ranger.

The USS Liberty has pulled into the Big Fish port once again, a cruise you really should board. Just like the previous Vacation Adventures, this is purely a HOG with Puzzles and Mini Games available between each Hidden Object Scene. There's no voiceovers, so you'll have to read dialog boxes, if you want to follow the storyline, which is more of a what's next then a plot. Sounds old school, and you're right, but it's a really good old school HOG!

You can choose either Casual or Challenge modes (faster vs. slower hint and puzzle skip recharge) as well as which gender of cruise director you want. The best part about this game is that it's relaxing, there's no timer so you have all the time in the world, and some of the items to find are tiny, so it's a good thing there's no time restraints.

Each scene has Lost items that need found, the portal on the bottom left will show these items one at a time as silhouetted shapes, when all have been found the portal will close. Each scene also has recyclable items that need to be found such as paper bags, cans, and bottles, when all recyclable items have been found the lid will close. You earn coins as you play and the coins can be used to purchase 16 different Souvenirs, but this feature doesn't really float my boat.

The items to find are list finds, items in red are hidden in or behind something, items in blue are tasks to complete such as finding and dragging the captain's suit to the hanger. There are 18 trophies to earn and you are scored a bronze star if you find all items, a silver star if you find all lost items OR all recyclable items and a gold star when you find all lost items AND recyclable items. You will also receive an eagle eye bonus if you don't use the hint, there is a Mega Hint feature that will briefly show you all available items on the list.

After each HOG you will get to solve a puzzle or mini game such as rotating puzzle tiles to complete a picture, Match 2 identical items by flipping over two cards at a time, Spot the Difference between two almost identical pictures, finding cruise related words in a word search, or putting together a jigsaw type puzzle of the ship's layout. Grab a cup of coffee, and enjoy the cruise!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 25, 17 7:46 AM
I have all of these games, and enjoy playing something that is just relaxing. I appreciate that a couple of the in between puzzles have changed slightly, so that I will do them, instead of growling and doing some chore whilst waiting for the skip button. It's an old familiar game, and I was glad to see it. One complaint: Puerto Rico is not a country. I was sorry to see it referred to as such.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 25, 17 9:04 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Oct 25, 17 2:23 PM
I've been waiting weeks for BF to release this game. Love the series and all the other holiday and summer series that this dev creates. Simple and straight ahead.
Instant buy for me.

As always try before you buy.
Happy Gaming.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 25, 17 3:56 PM
Hello friends! We have another adventure in this fun series. I love these silly, cluttered games. Yes, I have all of the Vacation Adventures games. The same annoying music, but really nice colors and sound fx.

They all have the garbage to find, which is not that easy to see in the clutter, and can be just a piece of something sticking out in the scene. We have the usual extra items to collect. They are all set up the same, just different locations and scenery. During the demo, I didn't see as many really small items, like we have had in previous games in this series, but they could be coming.

Oh yeah, we do have those creepy eyes. They all look like they sat on a tack! These games are a nice change from my favorite CE games. They don't really have a story to follow, just find the items. The real challenge is finding the garbage items. That can be tricky. I was ready for just a simple fun IHOP and here it is. My grand kids love to help me with this series, so naturally, I am going to get it.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for it at all. Thanks for the review.

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Oct 26, 17 9:07 AM
I usually like the games from @Casual Arts, I think because I know there will NOT be amulets, runes, black smoke, portals to go through, and unlocking locks with shapes and any other thing besides a key. This one, however.....to me some of the HO scenes were way too cluttered.

Still my favorite developer.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 27, 17 5:33 AM
I am not a big fan of the "Vacation Adventures" games (and only like the CW games because they are Christmas-themed), but I do like this game. It has nice, calming music, and the scenes are nicely done. And at least the skip time for puzzles is down to a minute, thank goodness.

I much prefer the "Cruise Director" games to the "Park Ranger" games. Too much green and wooded areas in those games for me to like looking for items. Besides, I don't really care looking for a lot of animals in the wild, which you do with "Park Ranger".

Edited on 10/27/2017 at 9:41:32 AM PST

cal711
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by cal711 on Oct 27, 17 8:31 PM
So glad to have another fun and lighthearted HOG. Like other posters here, I'm definitely not a fan of the dark macabre games that involve inventories, storylines, dialogue, characters, and depressing themes. I have all of the Big City Adventure games (anxiously awaiting the next one, which I think will be Moscow is the hint from the last one is to be believed) as well as the Vacation Adventures games (Cruise Director and Park Ranger). When I see one of these games available, I just purchase them outright and don't go through the formality of playing free for an hour because I know I'll love it and buy it anyway.

Like another poster said, some of the scenes in this particular game are really cluttered, making it difficult to find some of the objects. But I'm game and I resist using a hint unless my eyes start crossing and leave me no choice!

I also like the between-scenes games but am still stymied by slider puzzles. I'm good at other types of puzzles but those are evidently above my pay grade. The jigsaw puzzles in this game are treacherous (at least to me) and I've skipped a couple of them because the pieces are so small and there are so many of them!! After I've played through the game a couple more times, I'll give those jigsaws another go.

I eagerly look forward to Cruise Director 5. Thank you, Big Fish, for continuing to offer this type of game for those of us who don't like the other dismal ones.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 29, 17 3:17 PM
Didn't even need to demo because I just LOVE these, VACD games and will continue to buy them, as long as the developers, continue to make them !!
Speaking of developers, I need/want...my Halloween Trick or Treat Game, is it coming, will do back flips in the pond, if it does, its one of my favorites, during Halloweenie!!

But I am very happy and grateful to be able to play, VACD4, it is old school and I wouldn't change a thing, about it, if it isn't broke, don't fix it, it is perfect and I love it.
Have had 2 deaths in the family, so having this game that totally relaxes me, is heaven sent and so needed .
Every game these developers make is a win, win, from Park Rangers to Vacations, Halloween & Christmas, they always make my holidays a little brighter and much more happy, it's the little things in life, that can mean a lot, to some of us .
Time for dinner, home made spaghetti, then back to vacation FUN, thank you so much developers, I do very much appreciate, every game you make .

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Nov 2, 17 5:21 PM
Thank you BFG, another fun game. Have played them all, also the Ranger games. It is an instant buy for me. This vacations adventures was a little more challenging that the others, but that's fine with me. Get to play the beautiful scenes over. I did skip a few in between games,mostly because I wanted to get to the next scene. The graphics are fabulous! No lets have a new Ranger game, thank you for all. More fun and less murders which we don't need!

Edited on 11/02/2017 at 5:22:49 PM PST

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Nov 9, 17 8:19 PM
How wonderful to have this 4th addition~ These are some of my favorite games of all and I own every one of them. It is always a joy when a new one is released and I am also off to buy right away. It would be great to have another Halloween one...haven't had one in some time, but maybe next year. Christmas Wonderland (I am so looking forward to the next one) and Cruise Director are my favorites though. I agree with Valdy about the colors in Park Ranger. They are too muted, but like and buy them anyway. You just can't help but have a good time with these games. They are for everyone...and the work and effort that goes into them is commendable.

So now it is off to board ship and enjoy yet another fantastic cruise to other exciting locations....have a drink...or a few...sit back and relax, listening to the delightful sounds of the ocean, and the relaxing jazz...and whatever your pleasure~

We can still dream can't we? Bon Voyage. Have a good time, everyone~

Manquena
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Manquena on Nov 10, 17 11:58 AM
I love the games from Casual Arts, they are lovely to look at, relaxing and fun. I own all of the Christmas Wonderland and Vacation Adventures and enjoy playing them. I was tired of the gloom, blood and horror of most games available to these are a very welcome change. However, I was disappointed on Vacation Adventure 4, it seems like a quick rehash of the previous games. Same scenes, same characters and even the hidden items are the same. I was hoping for something new. Still, it is a nice game.

[Post New]by scjczoo on Nov 13, 17 7:24 PM
Love all of Vacation adventure games.....But this particular one wont play on my computer, keeps shutting off after welcome screen. Paid 9.99 for a game I can't play. And yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled it....

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 14, 17 11:22 AM
Hi scjczoo,

Sorry to hear there's been trouble getting the game to stay open. This could be caused by a few different things (such as software in need of an update or interference from another program), so the steps in the following help article may be helpful for getting things to work better:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

It may also help to run the game as an Administrator to make sure its files have all the permissions they need to work correctly.

Should that not help out, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further assistance.

For future reference, we ask that our players post technical issues in the designated Technical thread for each game. This helps us better track reported issues, and it helps keep the Reviews thread a place where players can discuss their thoughts about the game itself.

If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to send a PM to me or one of the other Moderators. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Apr 24, 18 10:15 PM
I really enjoyed this, Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 , and I keep it's Icon on my desktop and play a round or two while I procrastinate my daily 'gotta-do's' for the day. As my fellow Fishies are so good at describing game-play,please read their reviews
And a 'heads -up' this is a really well hidden object game and be prepared to have to look for what the item is that you are looking for and no the Dev's did not forget to put in the item - just keep looking

&1/2 out of a potential 5 ... Played on my desk-top PC running Win 10 with no problems.

Go to: