bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Royal Envoy

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 7, 10 1:14 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Royal Envoy? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Royal Envoy

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on May 7, 10 1:20 AM
Sold!

Mentalistlvr
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Mentalistlvr on May 7, 10 2:11 AM
Can't wait for the Mac edition to come out.

jakiblue
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by jakiblue on May 7, 10 2:34 AM
How much different is the Collector's Edition is this one - what do you get in the CE that you don't get here?

On another note, I LOVE this game, from the demo I played.

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on May 7, 10 3:20 AM
jakiblue wrote:How much different is the Collector's Edition is this one - what do you get in the CE that you don't get here?

30 extra levels

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 7, 10 4:11 AM
I highly recommend this game to all fans from strategy/building games. Its my favourite strategy game. I prefer the collectors edition and have bought them already for a few weeks, because you get a very good strategyguide, artwork, 30 extralevels and a few more things.

jakiblue
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by jakiblue on May 7, 10 4:28 AM
lackoo wrote:
jakiblue wrote:How much different is the Collector's Edition is this one - what do you get in the CE that you don't get here?

30 extra levels

oh, bum. I KNEW I should have got the collector's edition instead of the standard. :sigh:

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 7, 10 4:58 AM
First game of this genre for me and I really enjoyed it. I got the CE version and I spent hours and hours (days and days, even) playing it. The strategy guide came in VERY handy several times.

Spad
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by Spad on May 7, 10 5:08 AM
@ jakiblue

You're right you missed out on 30 extra levels, but at a 13$ price-up (if you're a goldmember), it doesn't seem like good deal to me.
I'm gonna go with the cheaper version myself

[Post New]by ebajane on May 7, 10 7:23 AM
I LOVE this game! Entertaining from beginning to end, including the 30 extra levels, and the level of difficulty was perfect for me. My only problem is that I want MORE now! Any idea when Royal Envoy 2 will be out?

For those who liked this game, what other games are in a similar genre? I have played through all the Build-a-lots. Any others?

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 7, 10 7:27 AM
After playing the CE demo for this game last month, I patiently waited for the standard version to arrive. And what timing! 30% off!

I'll flat out say it... I suck at TM's and have avoided them for years. But there's something different about this particular one that grabbed my attention and enjoyment. Imagine my surprise to get gold stars for time managing. Too bad I couldn't get gold stars at home for managing my time better here.

Anyway... this game is flat out fun, the graphics are a delight, and the audio hasn't annoyed me. If you've never played or enjoyed a TM before... now is the time to try one. And this game is perfect for that TM virgin.

The time challenged Small fishie gives this game:

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on May 7, 10 8:52 AM
Smallhaven,
Thanks for your review, I have never been interested in TM's before, and never purchase, or even try them...I also SUCK at them....lol!
But after reading your review, I am going to give this game a try, it can't hurt to try it .
I buy a ton of games already, a complete gaming addict, if I get addicted to this type also, than I may be in trouble, but you have swayed me to give it a go.
Thanks for the great review, I am sure will also be happy, if I get addicted to TM games, they are the only ones, I don't purchase...lol!

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on May 7, 10 11:31 AM

This is a must buy at the CE. I have only purchased one CE and this was it. You get 30 extra levels and it's worth it. You also get a strategy guide. I think that you can contact BF customer service and they will give you credit towards the CE if you have already purchased the standard verison.

Great game, great length, and different from the Build-A-Lot games. I'm still playing the CE verison and I'm not bored yet!!!

out of 5.

Edited on 05/07/2010 at 11:31:49 AM PST

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 7, 10 12:31 PM
Let me first say that I rarely purchase CE editions of any game. I have only ever purchased 2, Royal Envoy being one of them, because I just don't feel the gameplay usually warrants the cost. However, Royal Envoy is one of those games that is worth the extra cost for the CE version.

The graphics and music are the same for both versions, You have the option of obtaining trophies in both versions. However, with the CE version, you have 30 extra levels of play. With a HOG that might not mean much, but for this game it means a lot. Also, having that strategy guide right there is imperative. You don't have to exit the game to find a walkthrough elsewhere every time you get stuck. I found that the game took a lot of energy for my computer to run and having to go in and out of the game, locked up my computer.

Aside from the differences between the CE and the regular version, the game itself is amazing. I have never purchased a building game before because I am a HOG/iHOG fan. However, I love this game! I purchased it over a week ago and haven't stopped since. It is enjoyable and really makes you think. Even if you usually do not like time management or buidling games, you will love this one. Graphics are amazing and the music is wonderful.

Having played both the CE and this regular version, I would wholeheartedly recommend purchasing the CE version.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 7, 10 12:32 PM
Jakiblue, the CE extras are also described on the game page:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/7817/royal-envoy-collectors-edition/index.html
(copy and paste into your browser)
but I agree with Sante001: The big pluses are the extra game play and - in this case - the strategy guide, which is worth its name.

Then, JIC: Here's the link to the upgrade-to-CE procedure:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1054/kw/collector%60s%20edition/r_id/109674

including how not to lose the progress in your game. I'd guess the refund for the standard version game would be a game coupon.

And, Sante and other CE players, did you see: In the Royal Envoy CE forum in the thread "Detailed walkthrough for Bonus Levels posted":

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/92227.page

the developer has posted yesterday about an official Walkthrough for the Bonus levels! *jump* (not that I'm anywhere near them *G*)

Sante001 wrote:

This is a must buy at the CE. I have only purchased one CE and this was it. You get 30 extra levels and it's worth it. You also get a strategy guide. I think that you can contact BF customer service and they will give you credit towards the CE if you have already purchased the standard verison. ...

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on May 7, 10 3:08 PM
Thanks DD. I didn't know that has posted this. Here is the link for all the bonus levels in the CEs of Royal Envoy. Though I made it through the first 19 without it. Now, I can figure out how to get the one that I missed and start levels 21-30. I can't wait for the next one in the series. --

Enjoy the game. It a great one!!!

Edited on 05/07/2010 at 3:43:48 PM PST

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on May 7, 10 3:29 PM
jakiblue wrote:
lackoo wrote:

30 extra levels

oh, bum. I KNEW I should have got the collector's edition instead of the standard. :sigh:

I have read posts from other fishies saying that they bought the CE version of a game after purchasing the regular version and that BFG refunded them the cost of the regular edition. So if you still want the CE get in touch with BFG's Customer Support.

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on May 7, 10 6:14 PM
This is the stupidest game, I am at level nine, just after I bought the game, and I have built all the cabins, and upgraded them and built the gardens, but it wont let me put the stupid market and sawmill anywhere, it wont give me all the green happiness, just red signs, I tore everything down twice, and put the market and sawmill in every spot and I have 3 stars on every cabin but not the 10 on one of the signs no matter where I put everything. I dont know how I am going to play this game any farther wish I never have bought it. How frustrating.

Can anyone help I read all the info on it and I think I am doing everything right. This is supposed to be fun and I am soooo upset.

Edited on 05/07/2010 at 6:16:34 PM PST

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on May 7, 10 7:51 PM
Nevermind. They wanted 5 cabins and I was building cottages UGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happyme76
Catfish
Catfish
1,619 Posts

[Post New]by happyme76 on May 7, 10 8:37 PM
I just finished the standard version of this game.. I absolutely love this game!! I didn't get gold on all the levels but thats ok, that just means all the more reason to go back and play it again!! Thats one thing I did love about this game, if you ran out of time you can still move on to the next level. If I remember correctly you can't do that in Build A Lot, and thats why I never finished them..

Go to: