Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

How do you decide what to gift?

[Post New]by Howdah on Oct 28, 17 10:32 AM
When I just had a couple friends I would just give the first item on the list. Now that I have a lot of friends, I have been doing that, but since FE started, I have been trying to give the seasonal if I have enough. Now that I have the new pets I will have plenty of items to gift. So, is it more valuable to friends to give an events item which is worth 20 coins, or a unique stamp worth 80? I know I love getting the pumpkins, worth 10 coins, right now as I still need about 900 for achievement, and will not be able to do it without the help of my friends.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

Re:How do you decide what to gift?

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Oct 28, 17 10:36 AM
Unless friends specify next to their name what's needed, I typically send the first item the first time, the second item, the second time, and so on. I realized early on that you can't choose for your items to be in the order you want them on your card. The system places them based on value. So, even though an item may show last on the card, it could be one they need most. That's my way of thinking, anyway. Good

Ada

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Oct 28, 17 10:57 AM
Somebody posted that the items on your friends list is based on what you have the most of first....I didn't know that until recently and it appears to be true. So I try to give the seasonal items first and those in lower levels Stamps and Food....

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Oct 28, 17 11:06 AM
I do the same as y'all.........unless stated on their game name what they need the most (LOVE THAT).......or I am helping "clients" for the Consortium and KNOW what they need.......sometimes I will gift the item I have the least of as I will get it back and usually more.

But with friends that have the same items every day.........I do what Sharp Eye does.....#1 one day, #2 next day, etc.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Oct 28, 17 12:32 PM
I don't think it is the value of items that dictates their order, but what you have most of is on the left.

I just gift what I think is most needed , then newest change to the list or when in doubt and all seems equal ... what I have more of.

Like a lot of this game, tis a guess.

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 28, 17 2:06 PM
I decide what I want to gift, then look for friends who has that on their wishlist.

Right now it is fall items, but it can be the airship item I have the most of.. I am trying to balance those numbers out.. or it can be white stamps for low level players.
Mostly during normal times I find friends that have a red item for 30 coins on their list and I buy that.

Completely stress free and I do not keep track of anything.. I get at least 15 gift a day.. exept sometimes during a CC when players swap items.. I try to get the itmes by playing.. and have no problem with going a day whit less gifts.

I allways say thank you when I get a gift.. even if nobody hear me

[Post New]by Thewerecatqueen on Oct 28, 17 3:15 PM
I just give them whatever I have the most of

[Post New]by crystalwitch1955 on Oct 28, 17 3:34 PM
Yes, I gift what I have plenty of to spare. Obviously, if friends have put items on their wish lists, they need all of them so probably don't mind which they get. I know I am always pleased to get anything off my list and when I have enough, I take it off the list.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 28, 17 7:29 PM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:Unless friends specify next to their name what's needed, I typically send the first item the first time, the second item, the second time, and so on. I realized early on that you can't choose for your items to be in the order you want them on your card. <----This is true ..... you cannot place the items in your wishlist in any order you want them to appear. The system places them based on value. <---This is not true....... the order in which a friend's items show up is based on the quantity YOU have in YOUR inventory ..... the one you have the most of will be displayed on the far left. So, even though an item may show last on the card, it could be one they need most. <-- This is also true. That's my way of thinking, anyway. Good

Ada

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Oct 28, 17 7:58 PM
Oops! Thank you all for clearing up my misconception of how the order of items are placed on our wish lists. I always thought it was value (like the puzzles). My bad.....thanks for keeping me straight!

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Oct 28, 17 8:51 PM
I know some people had a big airship loss, and if they still have them on their list, I send what I can. Goodness, I was down to 4 tablets at one time. Now with doing so many HOS and searching for ghosts, I have built my supply up again.
I know FE items are needed, and many are trying for the older pets. I try to gift them if I have a surplus.
Some, I just can't. I need the items, too.
If it's someone that gifts regular, I will look into what else I have to spare.
I hope that makes sense.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 28, 17 8:59 PM
My sincere apologies to Sharp_Eye ...... It was insensitive of me to post that I noticed your error....... I should have sent you a PM so you could make the correction yourself....

Since I openly insulted you ..... it is only fitting that I openly apologize to you! ..... I will try to do better in the future.

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 29, 17 12:21 AM
If you had just sent a pm to sharp eye.. maybe the original post would have been edited, but we would never notice that.. I find it good to tell the truth in public.. after all it is just a game and we only see have it looks in our own game.

No need to be sensitiv about getting something wrong.. we ALL got a lot wrong at some one time or another.

Thank you Sharp-eye for making the post we all learned from
Thank you Annelliegram for making it a teaching tool

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Oct 29, 17 6:57 AM
True confession time unless I know a friend is in need of some particular thing, I gift them the thing I don't have that I can buy with gold. Both games are now up to 250,000 gold, give or take. ('d have to log on and look for exact amounts but that's close enough.) I can spare that more than I can the inventory. Also, I get so many diamonds from the puzzles that I've dropped to just doing them in the morning instead of three times a day and am pretty generous and gifting friends the items that cost 10 or less diamonds these days. I look for gold first but will gift those costing diamonds. If they don't have anything that I'm out of on the list, I gift them what I can most spare.

During events, I give event items first but not ingredients for crafting pets until I have crafted them and friends I know are in the consortium, I tend to favor gifting those things when I can even when there is no event going on as I know they are using them to help others.

I gift back in the order gifted. If I run out of friends who have gifted me, I gift John and then random friends who have a record of gifting regularly but not every day then the less frequent gifters. But, mainly, when I get a gift, I add the gifter's name at the bottom of the list and gift from top down in order. That way I gift back everyone who has gifted me.

And, yes, if John gifts me, his name goes on the list too. I find he gifts me regularly though not every day. At least two or three times a month and he is a pretty generous gifter. I think he mostly concentrates on low level and I think that makes sense. He helped my Android game get the black kitten before the fall event and he is sending items needed now to craft the other fall pets. So, yes, John is worth gifting even if he is AI though I do laugh at the outrageously expensive items he puts on his list. He does always have like two of those and two less greedy ones so I can always give him something.

D-NY

Edited on 10/29/2017 at 6:58:02 AM PST

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Oct 29, 17 12:00 PM
Annelliegram wrote:My sincere apologies to Sharp_Eye ...... It was insensitive of me to post that I noticed your error....... I should have sent you a PM so you could make the correction yourself....

Since I openly insulted you ..... it is only fitting that I openly apologize to you! ..... I will try to do better in the future.

Hi AEG,

As I replied to your PM, no apologies necessary at all! I agree with HennyMarie. It's how we learn, and keeps us from misinforming other players.

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Oct 29, 17 7:38 PM
I try to gift back to friends who gift me prefering items I have got plenty of.

[Post New]by Gothy1031 on Oct 31, 17 1:32 PM
i go through my entire list and since the fall event is on..i try to gift out parts to make pets and candy. i have almost all the pets made now so everything im giving is that. i dont keep track and i dont expect a gift back. I reeeeely like it when i get those unique stamps though. i make sure to give back something good if i get one of them...even if i dont have much to spare because ive been stuck in the game for two days because i lacked the stamps to craft an item to finish a quest. very frustrating. so if someone gifts me a unique stamp, and they have on their list something i only have one of, i gift it back. i figure since i cant send messages through the game i would think that would be translated to a thank you. hopefully there is game karma

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Oct 31, 17 1:51 PM
I just choose what I have the most of does not matter what the item is , it's how much I have if any of that item . If I don't have any of the items on the list then I will spend coin and/or diamonds to gift a requested item .

WeeSam
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by WeeSam on Oct 31, 17 2:57 PM
I like to give those annoyingly pesky items like runestones and polestars and immortal treasures. Those ones everybody needs and doesn't have. I don't have any of them either, so it just costs me 30 coins, and someone gets something they need.

Hopefully everyone is happy.

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 31, 17 4:17 PM
WeeSam wrote:I like to give those annoyingly pesky items like runestones and polestars and immortal treasures. Those ones everybody needs and doesn't have. I don't have any of them either, so it just costs me 30 coins, and someone gets something they need.

Hopefully everyone is happy.

Well said.. that is have I like to do.. and I also love to buy the items for crafting ancesters spirit because I know that will help that friend get some coins

Go to: