Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel XV: The Evil Inside here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 29, 17 1:03 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/29/2017 at 9:09:59 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel XV: The Evil Inside here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 29, 17 9:10 AM
Howdy Everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct these types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

campfire29
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by campfire29 on Oct 29, 17 8:35 PM
Help! I'm having issues downloading this and all games after the trial period is over...I purchase the game try to activate it and constantly get the error message. I am on a new computer Windows 10. Thank-You

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Oct 30, 17 11:33 AM
Hi campfire29,

I'm sorry to hear there has been trouble downloading Haunted Hotel XV: The Evil Inside, as well as other games! We'll definitely do everything we can to assist. For situations like this, there are some troubleshooting steps we recommend trying to see if they can get things working better. You'll find that information by visiting the following link:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If there are still troubles after giving those steps a try, we recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team. They will have the tools to better investigate and troubleshoot the situation. If you recall what that error message says, that would definitely help them out too!

You're also welcome to PM me or our other Moderators if you have other questions. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 10/30/2017 at 12:09:13 PM PST

[Post New]by vudoggie on Nov 1, 17 8:50 AM
I missed picking up the broken toy and now I can not get back to it to pick it up. Will I have to start the game over?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 2, 17 11:58 AM
Hi vudoggie,

It sounds like the broken toy item was missed and there's been trouble going back to pick it up. I'm sorry to hear that's happened! I haven't reached that particular point in this game, but I can offer some general advice that may help.

Sometimes when an item is left in an area that later becomes inaccessible, continuing to play as long as possible may unlock that area again and let you claim the item that was missed. When that doesn't work, unfortunately starting a new profile may end up being the best bet, and I apologize for any inconvenience that may cause.

In case it helps, we do offer a walkthrough of this game that can help players make sure they've collected all of the items from an area. Walkthroughs provide step-by-step advice, but they can also be used for a sort of checklist or general road map for how to get through the game. If you'd like to take a look, the walkthrough can be found here:

Haunted Hotel: The Evil Inside Walkthrough

Should there be any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me or another one of our Moderators via PM. We'll be happy to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

kglen1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kglen1 on Nov 5, 17 3:07 PM
I am stuck in the barbershop. I have the cameo but no place to put it. Hint button doesn't work and there is only one area that is opening, next to the remnants of the plants. But I have nothing to put in there. According to the walkthrough, I should be placing the cameo on the scriptwriter's notes but that doesn't open. This has to be a glitch. Any ideas? I really don't want to start over (and feel I shouldn't have to) since I think I am over halfway through.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 5, 17 4:27 PM
Hi kglen1,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble progressing in the game! When an item doesn't respond to being clicked or if a puzzle doesn't want to open up, sometimes the quickest fix is closing the gaming and opening it up again. When that doesn't work, we recommend running the game as an Administrator to make sure all of the game's files have the permissions they need to work correctly. From there, reinstalling is the next step to try. The following links have steps for those two subjects:

Run Game as Administrator
Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

If the issue persists after that, trying a new profile can help to try to get around the roadblock. That's definitely not the preferred solution, as I totally understand not wanting to start a game over again, so hopefully some of the other tips will get things moving forward again.

Should there still be troubles after giving these steps a try, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They'll have the tools to continue assisting from that point. You're also welcome to send a PM to me or one or our other Moderators with additional questions or concerns. We'll be happy to offer any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

just_Jim
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by just_Jim on Nov 6, 17 8:20 PM
Lovely.
I too grabbed the blue bottle and the pendant from the scriptwriter sitting in the barber's chair, but missed his notes... and that scene is now closed.

At least coming here to the threads, I now know not to miss the "broken toy" coming up... after a complete restart that is.

[Post New]by gregtfw on Dec 17, 17 3:07 AM
In the barber shop, I received the scriptwriters notes and cameo as well but the window closed. Just posting as fyi. I can't get the leaf emblem that's there. I haven't tried logging on as administrator yet but that hasn't worked in the past on other games. Starting a new game at the easiest level, custom with hints and skip set to minimum,to breeze thru is the only way it has worked.

Edited on 12/17/2017 at 3:54:24 AM PST

Go to: