Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Jewel Match Twilight Solitaire here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 30, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/30/2017 at 11:01:11 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Jewel Match Twilight Solitaire here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 30, 17 8:35 AM
Jewel Match delivers once again with a spooktacular Solitaire game! This is one of the few games that I actually get into when it comes to building things with the coins you earn because they are always beautiful castles, but in this case, they are spooky castles. There are several features that probably go unnoticed for the most part, but I love the fact that after each level, all 3 stars (or however many you earn) immediately pop into place at the same time as a group. I hate it when you have to wait for an eternity as one star appears, after it's placed, the second one arrives and finally the third. To me, it's equivalent to dial-up as you sit there waiting for what seems like an eternity, for all of the stars to make their appearance. I also loved the colony of bats that fly into the night sky after each level, and the fireworks that form creepy spiders.

This is a Higher/Lower Solitaire game, which is my favorite type, but it is also a Mahjong game because as you progress through the Solitaire levels, you unlock groups of Mahjong Games (50 total) that can be played anytime, to earn more gold. Personally, I think that part was a big mistake, they should have offered different types of Solitaire Games such as Spider or Tri-Peaks. You can choose from 4 different card backs and 2 front card styles, and you can play in Relaxed mode which allows for more than one deal, Normal mode, or Hard mode which is a timed mode. If you want to earn all of the 24 available Trophy Achievements, make sure you click to choose the custom cursor because this option is one of the trophies! You can choose to replay a level immediately from the score tally window or by choosing a particular level at anytime from the level map, which is a must have feature for me personally.s a Key Card to open Locked cards, Hammer cards to break the Chained cards, Scissors to snip the Ribbon cards (some cards have multiple ribbons) and Scythe Cards to whack down Throne cards. Frozen cards require 2 plays to remove them, Wax Sealed cards require playing a specific colored card, red or black, and some seals have specific suits that require you to include the specified suit and color from the board.

Some of the cards on the board have Jewels under them, the collected jewels are what you will use to buy Castle sections with. Some cards have hidden coins under them which allows you to purchase items in the shop to help you win. Combo's begin at a 5 card chain which will raise the coin index, and allow you to buy even more power-ups. Items in the Shop include a remaining card counter,additional undos and shuffle's, remove a specific or random card on the board, reveal a percentage of face down cards, more deck cards, earn more gold per level, specific numbered Wildcards, Jokers or increase the chance of getting jokers and wildcards.

OTHER JEWEL MATCH GAMES AVAILABLE
*Jewel Match 1: (Match 3)
*Jewel Match 2: (Match 3)
*Jewel Match 2: Reloaded (Match 3)
*Jewel Match 3: (Match 3)
*Jewel Match 4: (Match 3)
*Jewel Match: Winter Wonderland Match 2 (Match 3)
*Jewel Match: Snowscapes (Match 3)
*Jewel Match: Twilight (Match 3)
*Jewel Match: Royale Collector's Edition (Match 3)
*Jewel Match: Solitaire Collector's Edition (Solitaire)

This is a Halloween themed Solitaire game, but it's a game that in my opinion can be enjoyed throughout the year because other than a few bats and spiders during the scoring section, there's nothing more than a few creepy looking haunted mansions, enjoy!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 30, 17 9:22 AM
I got to beta test this one, but not Jewel Match Solitaire, so don't know how much is "cloned" between the two games. Nice take on the JM Twilight M3 theme using one-up one-down solitaire (they used the exact same soundtrack and mahjong tiles from JMT) with 200 levels and 50 bonus mahjong games to play. Decent amount of challenge with all the assorted locked cards needing various things to unlock - definitely helps to work on building up your multiplier and keeping your gold for buying powerups in the shop. Three different difficulty levels to play in which can be changed at any time in the game in case you get stuck.

Winning the levels is often more a matter of luck with getting a good layout to make the combos at the right time, but I was able to 3 star all the levels in normal mode relatively quickly except for level 86 which took a LOT of tries. The mahjong doesn't seem as well coded as in some of the previous JM M3s - although you don't get penalized for reshuffling or using the hint button here, I often had to reshuffle numerous times to even win most of the bonus games I played, and sometimes reshuffling wouldn't produce any more matches. I also thought the "castle" scenes (some aren't actually castles, more like houses?) weren't quite as beautifully done as in previous Suricate games. The upside is that this game doesn't hog much of your CPU's resources since there aren't a ton of highly detailed graphics and animations, and I'm glad that windowed mode actually works even with my old monitor.

I'm sure this would be a great game for those who are solitaire/mahjong fans, but I just don't like either one enough to want to buy this - that's just me of course.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Oct 30, 17 11:01 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Jewel Match Twilight Solitaire! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on the game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Jewel Match Twilight Solitaire.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgArinelle

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Oct 30, 17 2:32 PM
I was fortunate to beta test this game and only have a couple of comments that are slightly critical, although I want to start out by saying that overall it is an excellent Halloween solitaire game. As in the previous JM Solitaire game, (as well as all of the JM games) the attention to all the various details, major or minor, is very obvious.

A few (but not all) of the details that I appreciated and stood out to me right away were:

- volume levels were already set to a reasonable level so that you weren't blasted away until you could finally get to the controls! (Actually, I didn't even have to change them);

- access to the shop to purchase powerups is available while you're playing a level (so you don't have to replay a level if you need something to help you win);

- the building of the castles or haunted houses are spaced out to the end of the game; and

- the special effects when you finish a level is very well done (as described by pennmom36 in the first review (you actually don't mind watching or waiting for it to finish, although you have the option to click out of it sooner if you're impatient).

As far as any negatives (suggestions or personal preferences, really), the following are the only ones worth mentioning:

- as much as I loved the butterfly that provides you with the joker, in this Halloween or spooky version I would have liked to see a bat, or raven, or even a flying ghost to complement the theme;

- when trying out all the modes of playing, I noticed that in the relaxed mode, if you run out of cards in the deck and the "end combo" is displayed, even if you have won the game by eliminating all the cards, you automatically lose a star, because by clicking on "end combo", it triggers a "redeal". This is not a big deal (no pun intended), unless you've used all your powerups to avoid a redeal, and there's no other way to end the game. This doesn't happen that often, but it did happen to me on the very last level and I was ready for a break! and

- I don't personally like mahjong, so the bonus games would have been better if they were other solitaire games like spider or free cell, (or even a small M3), but again that is just my preference, and I'm sure there are others who love mahjong.

Overall, an excellent game! I'm just a little "solitaired-out", since the two JM games were back to back. --Still love you, Jewel Match, but now I'm really ready for a M3!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Jewel Match Twilight Solitaire here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Nov 3, 17 8:43 AM
Other than the graphics, this seems to be identical to the Jewel Match Solitaire (Collector's Edition) I recently bought from . Including the lack in both of a power-up that lets you see the next card in the pile before you actually turn it, the strategic improvement I like most. I don't need two games like that.

elaverne
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by elaverne on Nov 29, 17 11:18 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for your reviews.

elaverne
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by elaverne on Nov 29, 17 11:20 AM
elaverne wrote:

elaverne
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by elaverne on Nov 29, 17 11:41 AM

Jewel Match Twilight Solitaire is THE BEST solitaire or any game I have ever Played. Please, please make more games like this. The castles were beautiful. I used the last castle as a wallpaper. I had so many things to say about this game and now I have forgotten, I am 88 yrs. old and I am slow so I do not play timed, ever. I have close to 400 BFG's so you can see how I spend my days. Thanks for keeping us old folks entertained. Bless you.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jan 28, 18 3:51 PM
This game is absolutely addicting! I have a hard time leaving it as I can't wait to see the next Castle! I recommend this game to anyone that has the time and is looking for a good game to play!

Go to: