Daxadillion
Salmon
Salmon
2,870 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Roads of Rome: New Generation 2 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 1, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/01/2017 at 8:55:52 AM PST

challis3
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Roads of Rome: New Generation 2 here.

[Post New]by challis3 on Nov 1, 17 5:23 AM
I'm finding this one to be very buggy- been kicked off three times in the first 20 minutes of play. Is it just me?

Saxonator
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Saxonator on Nov 1, 17 5:46 AM
It's not just you. Sometimes my game won't load, sometimes it loads but crashes straight away, sometimes it crashes half way through a level which is even mor annoying. It needs some work doing to it

Saxonator
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Saxonator on Nov 1, 17 5:51 AM
Should have said I'm using Windows 10

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 1, 17 8:55 AM
Hey Everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Edited on 11/01/2017 at 8:56:55 AM PST

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 1, 17 9:22 AM
Hey challis3 and Saxonator,

It sounds like there's been some troubles with the game closing unexpectedly either when trying to start it up or during gameplay. I'm sorry to hear this is happening! Let's see what we can do to try to get things working better.

A game closing or crashing can be caused by several different things, so let's go over some of the possibilities really quickly. Sometimes it's due to a video card driver not getting along well with the game. Checking for updates to that driver can help correct issues where that's the cause. It can also be due to the game not having the permissions it needs to properly access the files it uses. In those cases, running the game in Administrator mode can fix things up.The following links have steps for both of these subjects:

For Windows 10 users specifically, we have some additional troubleshooting tips that may be helpful in this situation:

Windows 10

Should those steps not resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They'll have the tools to take over and assist from that point. You're also always welcome to send a PM to me or any other Moderator if there are additional questions or concerns. We'll be happy to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by nursefree_spirit on Nov 1, 17 10:56 AM
I bought the game and every time I get to level thirteen after I build the quarry it kicks me out. I am playing on windows 10.

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 1, 17 11:24 AM
Hi nursefree_spirit,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble with getting kicked out after building the quarry in level 13. Let's see if we can get things working better. It's possible that there's a specific file the game is having trouble accessing for that level, which can be caused by a few different things. The following links have some steps that can help games work better when crashing has been an issue:

There are also some specific troubleshooting steps for Windows 10 users that can help for players using that operating system. If you'd like to take a look, here's the link to those tips:

Windows 10

Should these tips not help resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They'll have the tools to better assist from that point. You're also welcome to send a PM to me or any of our other Moderators with additional questions or concerns. We're always happy to provide the answers we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by nibblet123 on Nov 1, 17 12:36 PM
Having same issues on Win 10 with being kicked out of the game and not able to build roads - level 13. Love the game but full of bugs

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 1, 17 1:12 PM
Hey nibblet123,

I'm sorry that there have been some similar issues happening with the game closing, as well as a progression issue with building roads. These sorts of things can happen when the game doesn't have access to a file it needs to work correctly, so I'd definitely recommend checking out the Run Game as Administrator article if you haven't already. Aside from that, the following links may have some tips that are useful:

Windows 10

Should there still be issues after going over those tips, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. They have the tools to better pick up and assist from that point. You're also always welcome to send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators if there are additional questions. We'll be happy to do anything we can to help.

bfgArinelle

Saxonator
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Saxonator on Nov 1, 17 1:14 PM
I am an elderly lady and I can't be getting into all this technical stuff. I bought the game in good faith and it should be fit for purpose without me having to mess about with it.

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 1, 17 3:14 PM
Hello Saxonator,

I certainly understand the expectation for a game to work right away. We thoroughly test all of our games on various computer types to do the best we can to get our players a quality product every time. I'm sorry that there have been troubles with this game so far.

If there's any discomfort with trying additional troubleshooting steps, that's completely understandable. Please feel free to send a message to our Customer Support Team to get additional assistance that would be more helpful. You're also welcome to send a PM to me or another Moderator if you have any other questions. We'll be happy to help in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by _Frenchy_ on Nov 1, 17 3:26 PM
I did update my video card. Still crashing or running slow. Using Windows 10 pro also. There is a need for an update on the problems with this game!

[Post New]by Carris3 on Nov 1, 17 3:51 PM
Mine is crashing every time I try to play level 10. windows 10
thanks!

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 1, 17 4:09 PM
Hi _Frenchy_ and Carris3,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble with the game crashing while playing. We certainly want our players to be able to play a game they enjoy. When games are crashing, we recommend trying out the steps in the following help article:

If those steps don't get things working better for you (as it sounds like driver updates did not help in your case, _Frenchy_), please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. They have better tools than our Forum Moderator Team does for picking up and helping from there.

Should there be any other questions or concerns, you're always welcome to reach out to me or another one of our moderators by PM. We'll be happy to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 11/02/2017 at 9:53:44 AM PST

BEN1972
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Hidden caches

[Post New]by BEN1972 on Nov 1, 17 4:44 PM
Hi, I've played level 1 and 2 so far and found two caches on each. At the end of the level the board shows 2/2 then 0/2 for the caches. Has anyone else had this problem?
I'm not going any further in the game until the problem is solved, please help.

Ben

Edited on 11/01/2017 at 4:45:11 PM PST

sharkkat
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by sharkkat on Nov 1, 17 8:00 PM
I am running windows 7. All drivers are up to date, all adobe software is up to date, uninstalled and reinstalled, yet it still crashes part way through level 1. Thank goodness I am playing the 60 minute trial. Now that I know this is an ongoing issue I will not be purchasing the game. Which is a total bummer because I like the Roads of Rome games.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,351 Posts

Hidden caches

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 2, 17 1:07 AM
BEN1972 wrote:Hi, I've played level 1 and 2 so far and found two caches on each. At the end of the level the board shows 2/2 then 0/2 for the caches. Has anyone else had this problem?
I'm not going any further in the game until the problem is solved, please help.

Ben

It's not an issue. Mine does exactly the same thing; when the level ends you get a summary page which shows the number of caches in that level and how many you found. Also if you hover your cursor over the level number, it will say 'all caches found'; if you didn't find them all, it won't say that.

ETA: I bought the game without trying the demo. No technical issues at all and I'm now on part 2. Playing on a desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Edited on 11/02/2017 at 1:09:35 AM PST

[Post New]by karlstadt66 on Nov 2, 17 1:25 AM
I'm finding this one to be very buggy- been kicked off more than 10 times in the first 60 minutes of play.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Nov 2, 17 2:53 AM
again more techm. issues more than revieuws Iys bf problem has nothing to do wurh our computers, because on other sites the games just run perfict

Go to: