Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

My Market

[Post New]by Linalie on Nov 1, 17 2:56 PM
If you are a follower of Linn level 100 on PC, my apologies, but I am pretty much shutting down my market. I will still offer Marvelous Bricks and Depleted Magic Stones as I do have a few followers still needing these and the raider I have doesn't seem to want those (yet).

I was being wiped out repeatedly by someone who was very nearly level 125...and so I figured once they hit 125 they would stop buying out all of my mid to high items and my followers could finally get more than Baked Apples and Baked Potatoes...but no...Sadly this person is still cleaning me out of anything I put out there that would be considered mid-range to high...even produce like mushrooms.

I used to be able to keep an eye on this person as they were once in my Helped By list, but they dropped off of there last week not long after they hit 125 and I am assuming I am still on their "I Helped" list so that they can find me and clean me out. They are not "following" me so now I have no way to buy equally good items back from them or re-buy my goods for my own followers.

So for now, and maybe forever, my market is going to be pretty dead...I will be focusing on making stuff for my Balloon and Villager orders so I can level to 125. After that, I am not sure what I will do unless some new content is added. There is no point trying to fill my market to help my followers if this one raider is going to wipe me out of the things that are at the level the majority of my followers are at and may need.

The game has been a good, fun way to pass the time, but the "selling" part has now lost it's joy.

GoldenGem_01
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:My Market

[Post New]by GoldenGem_01 on Nov 2, 17 4:33 AM
I have every sympathy and I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I have three main raiders and anyone who wants their names please PM me so that you can avoid them. Like yourself all are on higher levels than me and one is on level 125. No matter how humble the items I put up they each in turn come along and wipe my market out. I think they are in collusion because they seem to wait until I've filled up again and then the next one comes along and does the same thing.

My daughter who is a Sales Manager has another way of looking at it. She says that if they are dumb enough to do that when they don't need to then I should just accept it, label them numpties - which they are - and forget it. However I can't because none of my other friends get a look in which is not fair to them.

So, like yourself I am going to produce bricks - it's foundation at the moment - sell off the depleted stones and go catch up with some reading instead. If it's any consolation Linalie I know of other people who are suffering the same thing.

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Nov 2, 17 8:30 AM
I know it's been said before, but I may as well say it again...I wish this game had a way of allowing you more control over your "Friends" like requesting to be a friend, the ability to remove someone from following you, etc. and so on.

If we had that ability then the Market aspect of this game would return to being a FUN part of it.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Nov 2, 17 9:27 AM
Many of us have changed what and how much we put in our markets and it's a sad thing it had to come to that, and it is very true that the selling has lost it's joy, there is nothing joyful about being raided.

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Nov 2, 17 10:13 AM
I've been thinking about how this could be fixed, but of course would take some changes in code...

1) Increase the number of "Friends" to 200 and eliminate "Followers" altogether.

2) Keep the current "announcements" as to Help Calls, Achievements, etc. as this acts as a way to venture out and "discover" other islands.

3) If you wander to an Island that you are not "Friends" with via a Help call, etc. you can browse their market while you are there and purchase one item/basket per 24 hour server reset (non-Friend restricted). You can also send that person a Friend request - once accepted/added to someone's Friends list you can visit their Island and make purchases from their market without limit restrictions, and they can do the same at your Island/Market. The current interface that allows you to "Follow" could be used for this purpose to instead initiate a Friend request.

4) When people visit your Island and send you a Friend request you can accept it or reject it. Everyone would also have the option to remove any Friend on their list if they choose to.

I think this might keep the basic concept of the game going while at the same time provide people with more control over who has access to their Market without discouraging visiting to answer Help Calls etc. as each visit to a strange island is an opportunity to make a new Friend. Incompatible Friends would have a way to go their separate ways...

I'm sure others have great ideas about this too! Just wish the Devs would improve this aspect of the game.

*edited to clarify the restriction applied to shoppers that are not your Friend

Edited on 11/02/2017 at 1:56:22 PM PST

Go to: