Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Living Legends: Uninvited Guests Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 2, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/02/2017 at 8:18:23 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Living Legends: Uninvited Guests Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 2, 17 4:54 AM
Once again, this game does not work in widescreen mode on my MSI, Win10, 64-bit, 15 1/2 inch screen laptop.

I didn't buy the last "Living Legends" game because it didn't work in widescreen, and won't buy this one.

When I tick "Widescreen" in the Options and then go out of the Options, I am still in full screen mode. And when I go back into the Options, Widescreen is unticked again. This happened with the last 2 games in this series as well.

The devs have been good enough to tweak the game that came out before the last one, and I was able to play in widescreen mode. But they didn't do anything with the last game, even though I did mention it in the Technical Issues thread, as I am doing now.

Anyway, won't buy because widescreen doesn't work for me.

Edited on 11/02/2017 at 10:20:47 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Living Legends: Uninvited Guests Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 2, 17 8:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 2, 17 8:39 AM
Hi Valdy,

I'm sorry to hear that widescreen mode isn't working well when playing the game. For matters involving how the game appears on-screen and resolution concerns, the following help articles have some tips that can help:

Screen Resolution

When those steps don't resolve an issue, we recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team since they have better tools for assisting in these sorts of situations. You're also always welcome to send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators with additional questions or concerns. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

Fanfare123
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Game Crash!

[Post New]by Fanfare123 on Nov 2, 17 6:02 PM
This is a great game. I've been loving it the whole way through, but at the penultimate moment (spoiler alert: just as I am finally able to give the beast the rose that should save his life), the game crashes. I am running MacOS Sierra v.10.12.6
BUMMER!

[Post New]by bsargant on Nov 4, 17 4:27 AM
same issue, game crashes just before finishing on Mac

[Post New]by apohvh on Nov 4, 17 5:51 AM
same here mac 10.13.2

Edited on 11/04/2017 at 5:52:08 AM PST

[Post New]by flutterbyz24 on Nov 4, 17 11:11 AM
The game is running slow for me. It takes an inordinate amount of time to load a scene or move from one location to the next. No other game is acting this way. I'm using a Dell PC with Windows 10. All updates are installed. The game works - it's just thinking too hard....

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Nov 5, 17 1:05 PM
Lots of flickering going on across the top of my screen. Had to stop playing after 5 minutes. I've just today finished playing one CE and have just demo'd another with no problems whatsoever.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 5, 17 1:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some display issues and some slowness for our PC users, and there have been crashes for a few Mac users. Let's see if we can get things working better with a bit of troubleshooting.

For the display issues and slow performance, we recommend checking for any available driver updates. It may also help to run the game in Administrator mode so it has all the permissions it needs to work correctly. The following links have steps to follow for those two subjects:

For Windows 10 users, we have some specific troubleshooting steps that may be of assistance. Here's a link to those:

Windows 10

For our Mac users, crashes can be related to a few different things, such as a missing update for Adobe software. We have troubleshooting steps for our Mac players that may fix things up. Those steps can be found at this link:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Should the tips in these articles not resolve the issues being seen, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. Our Forum Moderation Team is also always happy to answer any questions or concerns, so feel free to send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators anytime.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by roswel880 on Nov 6, 17 8:16 PM
I got to the end of the regular game and at the very last part when I tried to give the roses to the beast the game shuts off I can't play the bonus game either because it says I need to finish the regular game first.

Game Crash!

[Post New]by debopaints on Nov 6, 17 8:20 PM
Fanfare123 wrote:This is a great game. I've been loving it the whole way through, but at the penultimate moment (spoiler alert: just as I am finally able to give the beast the rose that should save his life), the game crashes. I am running MacOS Sierra v.10.12.6
BUMMER!

Same issue! Mac OS X yosemite

[Post New]by aloharose on Nov 7, 17 12:34 AM
Same here. Right when I give the roses it crashes. Did everything and still doesn't work.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 7, 17 2:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles with the game crashing when handing over the rose. If the aforementioned steps didn't resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They help us collect information so these sorts of things can be better tracked, which also helps us report them. You're also welcome to send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators if there are any questions. We'll do everything we can to assist.

bfgArinelle

lincslady
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lincslady on Nov 9, 17 6:38 AM
I am thoroughly enjoying this game and am in the Bonus Chapter now. I Played it yesterday and when I went back into the Bonus Chapter today I have no hint or skip button? The graphic is there in the bottom right hand corner but no rose to click on? I have gone into options more than once and changed the game mode but that makes no difference. Can you help?

Edited on 11/09/2017 at 6:40:49 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 9, 17 8:55 AM
Hello lincslady,

I'm sorry to hear some of the buttons have disappeared while playing. For these situations, it can help to uninstall and reinstall the game in case a file somewhere in the background is experiencing an issue. It may also help to run the game in Administrator mode to make sure all of the files have the permissions they need to work correctly. Steps for these two things can be found at the following links:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

If this doesn't get things working better, please feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance. They're best equipped for assisting when troubleshooting doesn't resolve an issue. You're also welcome to send me or another Moderator a PM if there any other questions we can help out with. We're always happy to do the best we can to assist.

bfgArinelle

lincslady
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lincslady on Nov 9, 17 10:41 AM
Finished the game now thanks will uninstall it before I play again and let you know.

[Post New]by bamabreezelulu on Nov 11, 17 2:39 PM
I'm unable to download the demo. When I click on "run", nothing more happens. 1st time in many, many yrs to have this problem. Win 7, 64 bit.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 11, 17 3:03 PM
Hello bamabreezelulu,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble downloading this game. I'm swimming over to help as fast as I can.

Let's try changing the way the Big Fish Games app accesses to Internet to see if that helps. Please adjust the app's network settings; then, try downloading the game again using the Alternative Method. The steps for that process can be found in the help page below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If these steps don't work, then please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to continue this process with you. Should any questions remain, please PM me or another moderator, and we'll provide whatever help we can.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by babssf on Nov 11, 17 10:31 PM
Same issue on a Mac 10.11.6. I hand the rose, and the game crashes. I wouldn't mind so much if it were a SE, knowing it's the end, but on a CE I can't do the bonus game. Also, and even more frustrating, I uninstalled the game, but my Purchase History shows that the game is still installed (just has the Play button).

Edited on 11/11/2017 at 10:34:33 PM PST

Go to: