Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Living Legends: Uninvited Guests Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 2, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/02/2017 at 8:17:28 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Living Legends: Uninvited Guests Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Nov 2, 17 2:34 AM
I played just a bit & knew this game was for me! the fairy tale theme is just what I need after all the spooky stuff that I didn't get! 4Friends is one of my favorite DEVs. So far everything about it I like!

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Living Legends: Uninvited Guests Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by mamajay on Nov 2, 17 3:31 AM
I just finished the demo, and now I have bought it I am really enjoying this game (I have all the others in this series, plus a lot of 4 Friends other games), and can't wait to see how it continues.

The graphics are lovely and clear, the voices are excellent, and the music is not too obtrusive.

There are plenty of items to look for in each scene (a morphing item, and at least two owls). So far, I haven't had too much difficulty with the mini games (always a bonus for me, lol).

I did have some thoughts about this "Beast", but it wasn't until the end of the demo that I found out for sure (I won't say more, as it would be a Spoiler)

Well, my game is now ready for me, so I'm off to play. As always, try the demo first, just to be sure you like it

Cheers,

Jen

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 2, 17 5:32 AM
This ain't your mama's version of Beauty and the Beast! This is a Living Legends version of a hideous beast who took control of the castle, just hours before Leo Bonnet and Beatrix Chastel were to be wed. Uninvited guests are not welcome here, but Kate and Leo have stuck together since they were children, and Kate is always welcome at cousin Leo's castle. This invitation is either a curse or a cure, because nobody has left the castle alive, with the exception of Beatrix's father, who will stop at nothing to destroy the beast that holds his daughter captive!

Uninvited Guests reminds me of the earlier games in this series, and in my opinion, 4 Friends Games has been listening to us reviewers complaining about how games are becoming cookie cutter versions,. I hope other devs will follow suit and go back to their roots, when games were epic! Each scene has a Morphing Object, and 2 hidden Owls, one that looks like a statue, the other is usually a drawing and a wee bit harder to spot. Both have a pull out tab on the left of the screen that tells you how many of each are in that location, and as you collect the owls, they become real when you visit the collections section. You are joined by a friendly squirrel helper, sort of. He doesn't really stick by your side, but he is in just about every scene, and he does get tricked into helping you occasionally, but he's certainly not an annoying helper per se.

This Collector's Edition has 10 Wallpapers, 10 Concept Art pictures, 4 Screensavers, 5 Music Soundtracks, 32 replayable Movie Videos, 16 replayable Mini Games and replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 68 Collectible Owls that become real when you collect specific amounts, Morphing Objects, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 2, 17 5:39 AM
nanafraser wrote:I played just a bit & knew this game was for me! the fairy tale theme is just what I need after all the spooky stuff that I didn't get! 4Friends is one of my favorite DEVs. So far everything about it I like!

I'm glad they finally offered a lighter game that you can enjoy I have loved this series since the very beginning. 4 Friends always does an amazing job, and in my opinion it's because they aren't popping out a game a month for every series they have. I would rather have an epic game once a year than a mediocre, cookie cutter game that's been slapped together and thrown to the wolves every month!

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Nov 2, 17 6:59 AM
Its so nice to see such positive revues! & there such good people out there that enjoy a good non spooky game! Thanks to all you fishes, Ive never been prouder then this! Oh there fishes that will say its too cutesy! & that's fine for there likes! But they need to remember. Not everyone likes the same! So I hope they'll be kind! If not that's there problem! Please fishes who like it, & know you have people on your side, your not alone!

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 2, 17 7:31 AM
It's a nice game, graphics are really good, game play is good - when you get to play, which brings me to the one thing I don't like about the game, and a pet peeve of mine.....way too many cut scenes. Constantly interrupts the flow for me. Drives.Me.Nuts. Maybe with a coupon.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Nov 2, 17 8:15 AM
Four stars on this one. I'm really glad to see a fantasy game this morning. Good music, excellent graphics and easy game control. I'm with Micha1234, game has waaay too many cut scenes. Other than that good game. This castle is so messy I don't think they are going to be able to wait for spring cleaning. At least it gives me a lot of things to dig through.

I'm off to rake all that junk around!

Happy Gaming!

Edited: Take one of those stars off. MIni-puzzles that do not have the solution in the SG are a no-no. I have run across one that I can't solve and will probably bale out of the game until a walk-through shows up.

Edited on 11/02/2017 at 11:24:50 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 2, 17 8:17 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Living Legends: Uninvited Guests Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Living Legends: Uninvited Guests Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 2, 17 9:18 AM
I loved this game too!!!

I'm waiting for a member's sale to buy it!

Happy gaming ,
M.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 2, 17 9:34 AM
Happy this came out, as I have been waiting for it. It has a decent story, appropriate music, and great graphics. Most puzzles OK, for me, anyway. Find owls and morphs in each new scene. Good one!

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Nov 2, 17 12:40 PM
ooooh! happy! happy! happy!
Haven't even finished the demo and know it's for me!
Pennmom36 is correct when she says that 4friends seem to be one of the least prolific devs, but give us fishies what we want!
LISTEN TO YOUR AUDIENCE, YOU GUYS!!!!
A big fat buy from me.....(hope there's no glitches! lol!)

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 2, 17 7:20 PM
A little break from playing this beautiful game. One nice "fishie" told me the yesterday's code: CE899. It worked for me (I paid 8.99$), not a member's discount, but I'm glad I bought this gem. Kudos to 4Friends.

Another other very good Devs (IMO) are the one who make Lost Lands, and of course, none of them are making one game per month.

Until now not gadgets, not broken zippers, portals, etc., and more important, lovely and nice graphics, plenty of colors, not the horror and dark scenes of the last games.

The puzzles are easy but fun, maybe for some people will be too sugary the story, but to me it's very refreshing having this kind of games once in a while. Also not a lot of HOS, and that is a big deal to me.

I didn't finish it yet, I hope it continue with the same quality,
Minesita

Edited on 11/02/2017 at 9:23:47 PM PST

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Nov 2, 17 9:23 PM
I, too, am enjoying this game. It is easy to follow and graphics are really good and it's quite colorful. Some of the hidden object scenes I have found difficult to find some of the items, but, I am taking my time with this.

Very pleasant and relaxing.

maggierose
Catfish
Catfish
1,717 Posts

[Post New]by maggierose on Nov 3, 17 3:29 PM
I really enjoy this series and am enjoying the game.

myshania
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by myshania on Nov 3, 17 4:44 PM
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES IVE PLAYED IN A LONG LONG TIME!!!
JUST LOVE IT

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Nov 4, 17 9:00 AM
I agree with all of you. 4 Friends Games always go in my play again folder. The graphics are so good. They have taken over from Blue Tea games for me, which I also loved.

Linda

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 4, 17 10:42 AM
Most fun I've had in a long time. I prefer the light themed games rather than the dark games we've been getting lately. I play them all, but fairy tales are definitely my favorite.
Your mileage may vary, so try before you buy.

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Nov 4, 17 12:16 PM
Just a quickie before I get back to the game....LOVE the flying candle, hope he stays with me!!!

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Nov 4, 17 12:45 PM
Spoke too soon.lost him already....still, game good but I thought he was quite funny
! Angry lion candle holder.....it's on my xmas list....

Go to: