bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Solitaire Blocks: Royal Rescue

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 3, 17 12:29 AM
The crown prince, back home after receiving training in the art of battle and magic finds that there is no one there to welcome him. Inside, the terrified citizens speak of a dark force that imprisoned the royals atop stone columns scattered throughout the land. It's time for the prince to put his new skills to the ultimate test!

In Solitaire Blocks: Royal Rescue, use your solitaire skills to stack cards in ascending or descending order to clear the blocks above and save the royals stuck on top before your deck is exhausted. You'll find other helpful items that can assist you on your way. Battle monsters for extra bonuses! Install the ancient relics across the 8 kingdoms to rid your lands of this dark magic forever!

Edited on 11/09/2017 at 5:25:35 PM PST

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Solitaire Blocks: Royal Rescue

[Post New]by mamachi on Nov 3, 17 2:16 AM
This game is very boring.
The fights with spinning wheels are slow and cant be skipped.

Sorry but no buy .

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 3, 17 3:55 AM
I like this game. It's a "one higher or one lower" type of Solitaire game.

You can earn up to 3 stars. One star is for opening the treasure chest, one star is for saving the Royals, and one star is for fighting the monsters.

This is not an easy game. Right from the second hand I had to repeat the level to get 3 stars.

I did find the fights with the monsters a bit on the boring side. It's also a little slow, but I like the idea of this game and will buy it.

--- --- ---

There are just 2 things I would like to know:

1) What can I do with the coins I earned? I don't see a shop where I can buy things.

2) Is there no Undo button or did I miss it in the multi-coloured, multi-item scene?

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 3, 17 5:04 AM
@Valdy

I also liked the game, and I wish the battle scenes could be skipped because I just don't have the patience for that long slow process.

I'm pretty sure there is no undo feature, I accidentally clicked on a joker and searched for an undo...nocando! As for the coins, that feature wasn't explained either, perhaps you need coins to unlock the next level?

I will use a PCC for this game because it's different, and you can actually use a tad bit of strategy when it comes to the battles. If you haven't yet "freed" the sword and shield battle power-ups, you can wait to "fight" the enemy until after you receive the power-ups, just don't click the icon to fight until you have the sword and shield. The game is designed so that you must fight, and you must clear all cards from the board to progress to the next level.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 3, 17 7:39 AM
Pennmom, you don't have to fight the monsters, well, one of them anyway. You can use that round saw power-up to get rid of one of the monsters once they are at the bottom.

Pity about no undo button, and I won't need coins to get to the next level. All I need is enough stars to get to the next part where you have to collect relic pieces. I have just collected the relic pieces, and am now on level 2, where I have to do the same things as in level 1.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Nov 4, 17 11:30 PM
Valdy wrote:

What can I do with the coins I earned? I don't see a shop where I can buy things.
Hi Valdy,

I had the same question. As I was playing today, I discovered if you run out of any of the three power ups, you can still click on it and purchase one. They are quite expensive though.

Edited on 11/04/2017 at 11:32:22 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 5, 17 1:53 AM
Thank you for the info. At last I know what I can do with my money.

drustorm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by drustorm on Nov 6, 17 2:15 PM
I agree that the battles are boring and significantly slow down the game. (It doesn't help that the battles are pure RNG and not skill based, which is another take away.) Buying a powerup to do away with the monsters is good to know; but of course, that only works so long as you have coins.

Nice engaging concept, With a few tweaks, it could be a very good game. Right now though, not quite good enough.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 7, 17 7:24 AM
I'm afraid that the slo-mo movements of the battles (and never mind all the MISSES I get, which slows the game down even more), and the slo-mo movement of the treasure spin, and the slo-mo of just about everything else, is spoiling the game for me.

Also, as drustorm said, the battles are really boring. I was hoping for something similar to "Puzzle Hero", but what we get here is pretty pathetic. But it was fun for a while.

Rhowennah
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Rhowennah on Nov 18, 17 9:04 AM
First of all let me state that I love the concept of this game... a new type of solitaire and that is great... now for my regrets... The music is not the greatest from these devs and in a very short loop so you hear the same thing over and over again... that gets to be taxing after a while... As others on here have already said, it is a very slow game... meaning there is a lot of lag time between every action you take... Now on a chilly evening and a warm bowl of homemade soup to eat while playing the game, that is great but I am not eating soup all the time... The last thing I would like to say is the stress level can get to be a bit much... better luck next time devs

[Post New]by spaceball66 on Dec 21, 17 1:44 AM
I have got 2 level 29 & then I lost my Knight & can`t seem 2 find him. I keep playing all the pads that don`t have all 3 stars but, getting no where. As 4 the Music U do know that U can turn it off in UR settings 4 the Game. It is different & I sort of like it until I last my Knight. Can any 1 tell me how 2 get him back please?
Spaceball66.

Go to: