sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

Any encouragement to use this forum again and again?

[Post New]by sir_vival on Nov 3, 17 6:35 AM
[Removed by Moderator]
Day by day the same ( * ), ... reasons to avoid this page.

Checked some other forum pages:

RoMers are obviously disadvantaged

( * ), ... enter an expression of your choice

Sir Vival

Edited on 11/05/2017 at 4:16:07 PM PST

draeko1
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

Re:Any encouragement to use this forum again and again?

[Post New]by draeko1 on Nov 3, 17 4:05 PM
[Removed by Moderator] None of it is relevant to ROM.

Good call Sir Vival.

Edited on 11/05/2017 at 4:16:30 PM PST

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Nov 3, 17 7:57 PM
I don't get ads on the forum page. ?????

[Post New]by emmielou102 on Nov 4, 17 5:17 AM
I even did as suggested by the mods and pm'd one directly yesterday... I got no response (

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Nov 4, 17 7:38 AM
It also happens to my other BF game I play.
Takes time to clean it up.

sammy219
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by sammy219 on Nov 5, 17 11:03 AM
I totally agree, but only see it on forum pages for online games, not others. Have been pinged before by mods for calling attention to it, in another guise. So I make the effort, go through each stupid one and mark as offensive, which I honestly think they are. But it seems to me: They come in bursts, usually from 1 or 2 people, surely there is a way of blocking/removing these specific users, there are many repeat offenders, they just add a few different numbers to their name. In this day and age, surely there is some security device that blocks this like adblockers. And it seems that the response time is slow, given there is probably a lot of us reporting this stuff,

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 5, 17 4:09 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we work to remove spam posts on the forums. Our Forum Moderation Team does the best we can to locate and remove these posts as quickly as possible on the Forums where they appear. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding while we work to accomplish this goal. For more information about this persistent forum issue, please take a look at our announcement about spam posts:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - May 24, 2017

I'd also like to remind players of the Forum Rules regarding these kinds of posts. This specific rule would apply in this case:

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

By following this rule, players can help our moderators quickly take appropriate actions. As sammy219 mentioned, we also request that players report posts that appear to be spam by using the "Report as Offensive" button found on posts. This button looks like a downward pointing triangle and can be used to report posts that are spam, as well as to report posts that might be breaking the rules.

You can also report these spam posts directly to one of our active Moderators by PM. A particular Moderator may not be available on the day the PM is sent, but we will definitely reply as soon as we can. We appreciate your patience if it takes a couple of days to hear back from one of us.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread since it's primarily about the presence of spam posts. Please feel free to PM me or another one of our active Moderators if there are additional questions. We'll be happy to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: