Daxadillion
Salmon
Salmon
2,856 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 4, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/04/2017 at 10:06:40 AM PST

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Pertigal on Nov 4, 17 5:42 AM
I am on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I'm in the Extras in Collections trying to find the owls I missed and it freezes up and won't let me continue.

riverdiver
Shark
Shark
11,424 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by riverdiver on Nov 4, 17 5:59 AM
Hi Pertigal!

Just wondering if your missing owls are from Thursday's game, Living Legends: Uninvited Guests?
There you had to look for owls. In Dead Reckoning it's "mortar boards" we have to look for.

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Nov 4, 17 6:46 AM
Oh dear, you are right. Too many windows open at once!

bfgBeruna
1,349 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 4, 17 10:06 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
1,349 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 4, 17 10:15 AM
Hello Pertigal,

It sounds like there's been some trouble finding owls in Living Legends: Uninvited Guests Collector's Edition Forum. Just in case it's handy, I've included a link to that game's designated tech thread below.

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Living Legends: Uninvited Guests Collector's Edition here.

Thank you, riverdiver, for swimming by to provide some help. Have a lovely weekend, both of you.

bfgBeruna

hollyodie
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by hollyodie on Nov 4, 17 10:30 AM
Since Eipix always has huge cursors the first thing I did was to click the box for custom cursor. Once I did this I had no cursor at all and my only option was to shut down. Hope that this was just a blip and will (hopefully) be fixed.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,594 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Nov 4, 17 10:37 AM
I had the same problem and had to play with the game cursor . Play on Windows 10.

bfgBeruna
1,349 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 4, 17 11:14 AM
Hello hollyodie and gernespieler,

I'm really sorry to hear the game's cursor isn't working and am swimming over to provide some troubleshooting help.

Let's try updating the computer's video card driver. This process has helped other players with similar troubles in the past. Since the video card driver controls how the computer's graphics display, installing a newer version can fix a number of issues. The help page below will walk you through this process.

Update Video Card Driver (Computer)

Should those steps not fix the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. They have the tools to provide a new solution. The others moderators and I can also be reached via a PM if there are any remaining questions.

Thank you all for your patience.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on Nov 4, 17 4:19 PM
I also have the disappearing cursor. I don't like the big clunky ones either. My video card driver is updated so that's not the issue. Hope they fix it because I'd really like to purchase this game!

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Nov 5, 17 12:28 AM
I too have the disappearing cursor. Clicked the link for 'updating drivers and I was taken to page telling me to login! I AM ALREADY LOGGED IN BUT I ENTERED MY INFO AND WAS TOLD THAT MY INFO WAS WRONG! HOW CAN IT BE WRONG IF I'M ALREADY LOGGED IN??? This site is very annoying sometimes, well most of the time!

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Nov 5, 17 1:27 AM
I had the same problem, gertie23, when clicking on the link for updating drivers. Feeling bemused!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,265 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 5, 17 1:30 AM
hollyodie wrote:Since Eipix always has huge cursors the first thing I did was to click the box for custom cursor. Once I did this I had no cursor at all and my only option was to shut down. Hope that this was just a blip and will (hopefully) be fixed.

This happened to me too. And this happened with another game by Eipix. Took them ages to fix it.

[Post New]by afoster605 on Nov 5, 17 2:16 AM
I too have the same problem with the cursor and not being able to use the game controls. I changed the cursor to the system default and then the cursor disappeared altogether. I have reinstalled the game several times, checked my video card, compatibility settings, changed the display settings on my computer (running Windows 7 Premium Edition). All other Dead Reckoning games still play without any problems. I normally used a wireless mouse, and thought that was the problem, but then I used a wired mouse and the problem persisted. I have gone from the 90 minute trial to about 70 minutes trying to fix this cursor problem. I will not try this game again until an update has been issued.

bfgArinelle
228 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 5, 17 9:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there's been trouble with the cursor disappearing after turning off the game's custom cursor. Checking driver updates is a good first step for that sort of issue, and I've provided a link below that should take everyone straight to the correct part of the article. We apologize for any troubles with the previous link!

Update your video card driver

Should that not resolve the issue, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for further assistance, as they're equipped with better tools for these situations than our Forum Moderation Team. You're also welcome to send me or one of our other Moderators a PM at any time. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Kay_Erin on Nov 5, 17 11:19 AM
hollyodie wrote:Since Eipix always has huge cursors the first thing I did was to click the box for custom cursor. Once I did this I had no cursor at all and my only option was to shut down. Hope that this was just a blip and will (hopefully) be fixed.

I had exactly the same experience. Tried deleting game and rebooting then dl game again. Nothing worked. When I saw it was made by Eipix I understood. They have a very bad history of technical problems like this. Too bad, because they are going to lose a lot of fans.

[Post New]by greenbus on Nov 5, 17 6:39 PM
After playing the 'trial game', I purchased it & am unable to download it.

bfgArinelle
228 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 6, 17 11:04 AM
Hi greenbus,

I'm sorry to hear there have been troubles getting the game to download! This is most often the result of interference from another program. It may also help to let the Big Fish Games app try to download the game in a different way. The following link has steps that should get things working better for us:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If there are still issues after giving those steps a try, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They'll have the tools needed to assist from that point. You're also welcome to send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators with any additional questions or concerns. We're always happy to help any way we can.

bfgArinelle

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,265 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 6, 17 12:01 PM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there's been trouble with the cursor disappearing after turning off the game's custom cursor. Checking driver updates is a good first step for that sort of issue, and I've provided a link below that should take everyone straight to the correct part of the article. We apologize for any troubles with the previous link!

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230485248#step_2">Update your video card driver</a>

bfgArinelle

This has nothing to do with our drivers. This happened before with one of Eipix's games. They didn't include the file for the small custom cursor, which is used as the system cursor. Eipix took a few days, but then added the file for that cursor.

--- --- ---

I just checked. The missing cursor was in the game called "Phantasmat: Insidious Dreams". Took Eipix 9 days to fix that.

Edited on 11/06/2017 at 12:06:41 PM PST

joker1950
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by joker1950 on Nov 6, 17 10:48 PM
me too and even after trying updating drivers, oh and my video card is brand new, I still have no cursor at all in this game!

Go to: