Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 4, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/04/2017 at 10:08:12 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Nov 4, 17 5:00 AM
Another stinker from Epix! I don't understand there technical style is very good, but themes, & where to go next confusing, mini game. & whats up w/ map? Try to add something to make game less relaxing? I may play 1 outa a 100! I'm sorry but this modern who done it stuff is borrrring! I loved there Myths of The World games, but then they started getting bad! Really Epix if your reading this? PLEASE!!! get some new writers that understand what HO gamer's like! I'm being honest! Your good Devs, just horrible story lines & the other things mentioned!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 4, 17 5:21 AM
The Discipulus University should consider changing the name to Murder College, because the faculty is dropping off like flies lately! Miss Douglas, the author of the Dead Reckoning novels, has been awarded the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award for her literary contributions. The ceremony will have to be postponed, however, because someone has been murdered, again! Look on the bright side, it's great material for the next novel!

I've always wondered if devs actually read the feedback we fishies give on their games, and other games as well. Well, I think they must, because it looks to me like Eipix has tried to duplicate the font and style of one of my favorite devs (not sure I'm allowed to mention which rival it is) I don't remember this particular style being used by Eipix before. If you play a lot of HOPA games, I'm sure you'll recognize the familiar font used, and even the same modern look of the information tabs, and the style of all the extras, even the look of the icon that pops up when you select the hint to allow you to travel quickly to that scene. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's one of the things I love about the other dev, the clean sharp lines, crisp graphics, and the use of modern technology! In my opinion, Eipix has evolved! They were able to take a dated series (I reckon I should say dead series) and modernize it to be relevant with just a few tweaks. NO, this isn't a cookie cutter version, take notice, because I for one, want these guys to know that we grew weary of the same thing over and over in every game series they create. I want them to know that we "see" the change, and appreciate their effort!

I don't have a gimmicky gadget that allows me to see glowing orbs or hidden symbols, I have a modern Tablet to use, YEAH! Just proof that once again Eipix is evolving, when is the last time you pulled out a pad of paper and a pencil to write down something important when you are on the go? Everyone I know uses a smartphone or tablet. Need a flashlight or a magnifying glass? Need to take a picture or reference information? The first thing you reach for is your cell phone or tablet, and nobody leaves home without one! Because this is a college of cutting edge technology, important apps are automatically downloaded to your tablet while on the campus grounds (ok, that's a bit intrusive) In this Collector's Edition version, there are 37 Mortar Boards (black academic caps) to find, one in each scene, the usual achievements and extras, Morphing Objects within the HOP's, and eventually 12 Souvenir's to collect.

This Collector's Edition has 8 Wallpapers, 4 Concept Art pictures, 6 Movie Videos, 7 Music Soundtracks, 10 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 9 Morphing Objects within the HOP's, 12 Souvenirs, a Souvenir Room, replayable Bubble Shoot Games,19 replayable Mini Games, 23 Achievements to earn, 37 Hidden Mortar Boards to find, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 4, 17 6:35 AM
nanafraser wrote:Another stinker from Epix! I don't understand there technical style is very good, but themes, & where to go next confusing, mini game. & whats up w/ map? Try to add something to make game less relaxing? I may play 1 outa a 100! I'm sorry but this modern who done it stuff is borrrring! I loved there Myths of The World games, but then they started getting bad! Really Epix if your reading this? PLEASE!!! get some new writers that understand what HO gamer's like! I'm being honest! Your good Devs, just horrible story lines & the other things mentioned!

I'm with nanafraser here......completely tedious and boring.....blah blah blah.....I don't care for gadgets no matter what they are dressed up as - here, we get a tablet (ooohh) - same difference. I did play the whole demo through, mainly hitting the skip and hint buttons, that's how interesting I found this. Nothing new, nothing exciting, I'm off to do laundry......

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 4, 17 10:07 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

WaltzingFish
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by WaltzingFish on Nov 4, 17 11:56 AM
This game looks very promising! So far I’ve only played the first two chapters and I had much fun.
It is one of the games where you get quirky achievements for things like nudging a sleepy student in the café. I prefer achievements like this to finding different items.
I’ve learned my lesson and look up the achievements before I start playing. Take a pic on my phone and check from time to time, as you can’t go back and pick them up like collectibles.

The story is interesting, graphics are good, really like the new twists in the HO’s and the puzzles are entertaining.

Bought! Looking forward to the next chapters.

MaryAnn3935
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by MaryAnn3935 on Nov 4, 17 1:39 PM
I think this one of the worst games I have ever played. The last game Epix put out was not bad and I thought they were improving, but no, this one is worse than a stinker. The graphics are good and the story line could have been. But, instead it is boring and dull. I won't even discuss the mini-games. I hate having to play with hints, but I don't know where to go or what to do. I guess I'll have to quit buying Epix.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Nov 5, 17 5:26 AM
Update. I bought it, played part way through and walked away.

Some of the puzzles made no sense to me; the instructions were not always clear.

I had the feeling this was a different game that they removed and substituted new content with because what they were asking for or saying didn't make sense or coincide. An example would be in achievements. You have the option to play a bubble shooter game instead, but you receive an achievement for playing a match three game. There were little inconsistencies like that.

--------------------------
I'm liking it. It's a smart game so far.

They are not holding your hand every bit of the way; sometimes you need to think a little bit.

The puzzles themselves have clear instructions on how to solve them.

There are lovely clear graphics.

The map is taking some getting used to for me because it requires one more click: click the tablet, click the map app, click the map itself. I'm not running a race so that's fine with me.

The menu button to exit or adjust difficulty is on the top left. It took me the longest time to find the first time :-) Again, that's not a complaint, it's just different.

Edited on 11/11/2017 at 5:33:13 AM PST

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Nov 5, 17 6:07 AM
Well, I'm really enjoying this game. Crisp, beautiful graphics. I love the storyline - just a good "who donnit" murder mystery. No portals or missing royalty. No ghosts or family members that need help moving on to the "other side". Just the kind of game I've been waiting for. Interesting/new HO scenes. I like the challenge of this game. I just started chapter 3 and so far have not needed the hint button yet. Seems also to be a rather long game.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 5, 17 6:48 AM
I was close to putting it in the trash can at the opener. I have to get to the location by hang gliding?? But, I decided to continue, and I think even though it may not be the best of the bunch, I'm going to add it. I like the different HOs, and I'm going to read ahead to see what the achievements are. I have all of these games, some better than others.

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Nov 5, 17 9:56 AM
I liked it. full of new and different and void of ghosts and goblins and other junk that goes bump in the night. reminds me of the reason I fell in love with adventure games in the first place. its a buy for me.

maggierose
Catfish
Catfish
1,717 Posts

[Post New]by maggierose on Nov 5, 17 2:45 PM
I too love good murder mystery. I'm glad there are no special glasses to look through or clue finding gadgets to use.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 5, 17 2:48 PM
Hello friends! Been out of town, so playing catch up today. As usual, I review on the game play and not usually the story, as others do a much better job than I. I've lost count with this series, I know there are quite a few and I have them all. The graphics in this game are fairly well done, but a little blurry in close up, as with most games these days. The colors are bright and and true. Game play was excellent, no problems during the demo and it fit my large screen very nicely. The voices are very well done, age and character appropriate, and you can click through dialog if you read faster than they speak. Animation is quite good, with eye movements and all. Music is very quiet, but I usually turn it down. I prefer listening the the sound FX, voices and such. That said, I didn't notice much in the way of sound FX in this one. It just seemed very quiet.

If you don't care for HOPs, you can play a bubble game. The HOPs are varied and nicely done, with straight/interactive lists and highlighted words. Scenes are fairly clear and Items are not difficult to find. However, they were few and far between in this addition. We do have morphing objects to find in each HOP, you just have to remember to look for them. Some puzzles are a bit challenging, and a number of them took more time and thought than I figured they would. Mostly they were the same as any other game and were not difficult. Hint system is very helpful and it does transport to longer locations. This is quite helpful, as you do backtrack quite a lot to the same locations. I think we had almost too much backtracking, as the game felt like it moved too slowly. As usual, I didn't even look at the map, since the transport feature worked better and is much faster.

The only collectibles I found are 37 black graduation hats. These "hats" are large enough to be seen without any problem and in some cases, quite large, but not as easy to see as you may think. Collectibles, or the lack thereof, was disappointing. Definitely needed more.

I like this series, but this one seemed to be lacking something, besides better collectibles. Hard to tell from the short demo if this one picks up as it goes along, but I think I might need to find out. This one is going my puddle, to wait for a better special, then I will add it to my collection of CE games. I'm sure most players will find something good with this game. It isn't a bad game at all, just a little slow.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 5, 17 6:51 PM
Very boring, very slow, and completely unoriginal.

Just another game that is hot off the cookie cutter press.

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by gpj53 on Nov 10, 17 7:49 PM
I have loved each Dead Reckoning from the first one however I LOATHE this one. First the cursor has a problem so I have to use their ghastly fat, large, enormous one until hopefully (perhaps) a fix comes in. Then to make matters worse I am ordered to do everything at the game's command instead of being able to look around each scene and decide FOR MYSELF what I'll do first. I don't have the best memory so always try and collect the collectible and/or morph first up then go on to pick up items then maybe do the HOP or I'll even collect an item where I know how to use it then back out and use it. Not so here starting with the café scene where I HAD to sit down with the two men as soon as I walked in and couldn't do anything else till the entire scene plus puzzles was finished. Thought that might have been it but no, upstairs in the bloke's office I had to go through all the ordering around again. What's up with the developer's? Where did they get the idea that they could boss we gamers around to the extent they have in this one? Please it would be so much appreciated if you don't do it again as there goes my money away from your business instead of to it. Thankfully I only wasted half the money I would normally have paid as soon as I saw a DR for sale as I got it as a two for one. My fault too for not trialling it first but DRs have always been very good before this so I didn't. Will be much more careful next time.

Go to: