RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Mystery of the Crystal Portal - Mac version

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on May 8, 10 6:55 AM
I kept thinking that I shouldn't like this game. The puzzles aren't difficult and there isn't much of a story. In one example, you have to give an old woman her glasses, they are on a table next to her, but you have to find several other unrelated objects first.

However, it's gorgeously drawn, the objects for the most part belong in the scene, and the music is appropriate and not intrusive. Like Treasure Seekers, you click on an object, and a circle pops up showing you other objects to find. It's not timed, so you can enjoy the scenery. I like seeing the Marty Feldman version of Igor.

I found the game to be relaxing. It's not a game that you just can't stop playing, but it's very pleasant. I'm on chapter 3 of 8 at the end of the demo, so there is a reasonable amount of time left. I'll be getting it.

Mookie25
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Mystery of the Crystal Portal - Mac version

[Post New]by Mookie25 on May 8, 10 1:07 PM
I like that you can choose to play at a more difficult level. I really don't like a game that "sparkles" on everything that I need to do.

Just starting chapter 4. I like it so far.

Mookie25
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Mystery of the Crystal Portal - Mac version

[Post New]by Mookie25 on May 9, 10 5:14 PM
Just got to the very end, completed the final mini-game & then ........ nothing.

I'm supposed to be able to click on the crystal to "go home". But, nothing happens.

Anyone else getting this?

Go to: