SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Suggestion if you still can't progress...

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 4, 17 6:14 PM
I'm not sure if the patched version didn't take on some systems or there's something else about how you choose to play the game that may be triggering the castle scenes to disappear. From what I'm gathering in the forums, it seems like the progression block may get triggered if you try to replay levels for 3 stars or more emeralds. When I played, I would keep on going to the next level even if I didn't get everything or win all the stars. Since the number of emeralds is pretty tight, I would inevitably get the "need more emeralds" message at every new castle checkpoint, so only then would I go back and replay some levels to get the needed missing emeralds, but I would not try for getting all the stars.

When I finally completed the last castle at level 200, only then did I go back and replay levels for all the stars. I did the exact same process for the extra levels and never had a castle disappear on me. Hope that helps someone who may still be stuck (you'd have to create a new player and start over to see if this works).

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Suggestion if you still can't progress...

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 4, 17 11:26 PM
If you are experiencing random missing cards in the bonus solitaire games, try shutting off the autoplay feature in a different bonus game first, then try playing the one that you were missing cards in earlier...this fixed it for me.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 5, 17 10:05 AM
Hi there SynthpopAddict,

Thank you so much for the suggestion! Hopefully it'll help out some players who are running into this sort of roadblock. We definitely want players to be able to finish the game, and workarounds like this can be really helpful for that. Thanks for taking the time to bring this suggestion to the attention of your fellows players!

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by iamliesa62 on Nov 7, 17 2:52 PM
hi synthpop.

i have done your sugestion and believe it or not i have the emeralds i need but no castle to apply to the castle so i can go to the next phase.. any help on that? thanks

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 7, 17 4:38 PM
Welcome to the pond!

First, I'll say that if you bought the game here BFG only put out the patched version for the PC game. Mac users are apparently out of luck at least for now.

If you do have the PC version and have installed the latest version, I don't know what else to tell you if you had created a new player and did not replay any levels at all unless forced to (because you really were short emeralds). I completed both this game and JM Twilight Solitaire without any issues playing the way I'd suggested in my original post. A friend has also been able to complete both games on her computer using the same technique.

[Post New]by iamliesa62 on Nov 7, 17 5:38 PM
well... thanks anyway. i guess i'll have to start over using yet another name.. why don't they have an update for this game? that would be great..

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 7, 17 6:35 PM
Hi again, there is an update for the game available but it's only for the PC version. If you bought the game someplace other than BFG it's possible that other place doesn't have the updated game. I'm not sure what else I was doing when I played in order to get all the way through without losing any castles. If you are playing any of the bonus games midway through, maybe don't play any of those either until you've finished the whole game? I don't think I touched any of the bonus games at all until I'd finished the base 200 levels and the 120 extra levels and all the castles.

If you already did that and are still not able to progress even without replaying anything in the map(s) it sounds like the game just doesn't like your computer.

Aw, I'm no longer a "fish" now I'm an aquatic mammal for a while until I can morph into a to be a fish again...

Edited on 11/07/2017 at 6:41:33 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 9, 17 7:57 AM
I started over to see if I could break the game and can't make it happen at least not yet with replaying a bunch of levels and playing the bonus solitaires as they unlock before going back to the map screen.

It might go without saying, but you should always be building your castle at every opportunity as soon as you have the emeralds to buy a castle part. I don't know if there are players out there who aren't buying anything at all which then breaks the castle scenes because maybe the game can't keep track of more than 5 castle parts at a time, so if you don't buy the first 5 parts for example, those get "lost" and then it breaks the rest of the scene so you can't ever build the castle.

If you aren't sure if you bought everything possible you can click on the Castle button at the bottom of the map to see if there's anything available.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 12, 17 5:05 PM
I still can't break the game no matter what I do. Even playing through a set of 40 levels (which is one castle scene) without doing any building at all doesn't "lose" the pieces. Yes, it doesn't let you go on to the next scene, but all I had to do was click on the Castle button in the map and build the whole castle by clicking on all the available parts until the whole scene was done, then it let me go on. So you can either build your castle in one fell swoop or do it gradually as you go along each block of 40 levels.

oldgerbil
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by oldgerbil on Nov 22, 17 8:21 AM
I finished level 79. I went back and replayed all levels where I'd missed a star or an emerald. I have gone over the whole map carefully three times to confirm that I have built the castle completely, but Level 80 still says I have to find more emeralds to finish the castle.
I've read all the comments, questions and answers in the Forum, but I still can't play Level 80. Please help.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 22, 17 8:50 AM
@oldgerbil: If clicking upon the Castle button gives you nothing more to build and you still can't advance even with the most recent version of the game, this means the game doesn't like your computer and you are best off asking CS for a game credit. I don't know why the patched version is still broken with some systems but the last I'd heard there may be another fix in the works. Wouldn't necessarily hold my breath on that though because computers are like people - no two are exactly alike, so what runs on one system might not on another. It's inevitable when tens of thousands of players with as many computers try a game that it will not run on some systems, but I'm a bit surprised at the number of users with both the JM solitaires that had this problem.

The previous M3 games put out by Suricate run really well so I don't know if it's just the branching out into a new genre that's caused the glitches this time around?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 22, 17 7:28 AM
I noticed that another patch has been released. Hopefully this will finally fix the progression block some players were still having with the first patch. LOL I'm going to have to replay just to work on getting all my trophies!

If for some reason your GM doesn't show an update available, just uninstall and reinstall the game and that ought to work.

Go to: