Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear For Sale: The Curse of Whitefall here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 5, 17 12:51 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/05/2017 at 8:32:10 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear For Sale: The Curse of Whitefall here.

[Post New]by Ionawiggins on Nov 5, 17 3:26 AM
Hi, I managed to play the demo and loved it so I bought it. I have tried everything to install the game but it will not install. I get Error Code 769.

I have done EVERYTHING recommended. It is not my firewall blocking it. I have reinstalled the game manager (through Chrome and Explorer) and downloaded the game through both. It just won't install at all. I am using Windows 10.

Please help!

Iona

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 5, 17 8:31 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 5, 17 8:39 AM
Hey Ionawiggins,

It sounds like there's been trouble getting Fear For Sale: The Curse of Whitefall to install, and error 769 keeps showing up. I'm sorry to hear about that! Thank you for letting us know what you've already tried; let's see what else we can do from here.

For error 769, a few different things can help. Other than what you've described, there's also running the Big Fish Games app in Administrator mode. There are also some more general tips for trying the Alternate method that may help. The following links have additional information on those two subjects:

Errors 769 and 772
Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If those steps don't get things working better, please reach out to our Technical Support Team by sending them a message. They'll have better tools to pick up and assist from there. You're also welcome to PM me or one of our other Moderators with any additional questions or concerns. We'll be happy to provide whatever assistance we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Ionawiggins on Nov 5, 17 8:45 AM
Hi,

Believe me when I say I did everything. Spent 2 hours going through all those mentioned below. I even switched off my firewall to download.

I have just tried it again and I haven't changed anything but it has finally downloaded and installed. Must be a gremlin being naughty.

Thanks anyway.

[Post New]by Melissa46d on Nov 6, 17 8:15 PM
When I am outside the burning house with Tobias, the kit doesn't show up at his feet. When I finally click there, there is no list of what needs to be found in the suitcase. I think we may have a glitch...

sheb61
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sheb61 on Nov 7, 17 6:14 AM
Another glitch. In the crypt scene, cannot click on the last clue "vault", When I click it goes back to main screen. When I click hint, takes me back to the same scene. Cannot proceed with the game.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 7, 17 1:36 PM
Hi Melissa46d and sheb61,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble progressing due to objects either not appearing or not responding correctly when clicked. When troubles of this nature occur, sometimes it's due to the game's files not having the permissions they need to work correctly, which causes the objects in the game to not function as intended. When this happens, it can help to run the game in Administrator mode. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game can also help in the case of files for the game not having downloaded or installed correctly initially. The following links have steps for these subjects, if you'd like to take a look:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

When these steps don't fix things up, it may also help to start a new profile in case something when wrong with the save files for the current one. Should all of the above not help, please send a message to our Technical Support Team team for additional assistance. You're also welcome to send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators at any time. We'll be happy to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by kaykla on Dec 8, 17 5:03 AM
Hello I have been playing big fish games for years now I have had many problems but none like this while in jail i suddenly cant do anything i cant leave , my cursor works, itmakes noises, i simply cant do anyhing I dont get an error code I tried uninstaling and reinstalling, I go right back to same thing it wont do anything i love this game im aggravated not knowing what to do my computer is fine Its a PC running on windows 10 All other games play fine It seems like a fault in the game.HELP! lol
i should reiterate that when I uninstalled it I fully expected it to startgame from beginning it went right back to me in jail cell and cant do anything its not frozen as I can still use cursor and all noises are on this is new to me lol

Edited on 12/08/2017 at 5:09:09 AM PST

sgrwlf27
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by sgrwlf27 on Jan 9, 18 1:39 PM
I am having the same issue in the vault HOS. Cannot click anything that works and hint says to leave the scene. I have tried leaving the scene and clicking on the vault to no avail. Windows 10 pc. No other games have issues. And starting a new profile? That means starting game all over and this is almost the end of it...

Please advise.

sgrwlf27
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by sgrwlf27 on Jan 9, 18 1:46 PM
sgrwlf27 wrote:I am having the same issue in the vault HOS. Cannot click anything that works and hint says to leave the scene. I have tried leaving the scene and clicking on the vault to no avail. Windows 10 pc. No other games have issues. And starting a new profile? That means starting game all over and this is almost the end of it...

Please advise.

I have tried running as admin..no change. I have uninstalled but purchase history in game manager shows error 2 as you cannot download it again, only play, and, of course, you can't play it as I uninstalled it through game manager and watched the entire folder be deleted.

Any advice?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 9, 18 2:57 PM
Hi kaykla and sgrwlf27,

It sounds like there's trouble with progressing in the game, as well as a possible issue with reinstalling the game after uninstalling. Let's see what we can do to get things working better.

When there are progression troubles, the best places to start are checking to make sure the game has all of the permissions and resources it needs to get along with the computer system as well as possible. Steps for this can be found here:

Video Driver Updates

When those troubleshooting steps do not do the trick, it's possible that something went wrong with the save file itself. In those cases, starting a new profile is the best way to test for such a possibility. This is not an ideal solution, certainly, so hopefully one of the other steps will correct the issue.

As for Error Code 2, this indicates there was an internal error when the Big Fish Games app tried to process the download request. One way to try to correct this is to run Windows Update for your computer to make sure all the latest data for Windows is installed. If the error reappears after that, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for further assistance.

If there are any other questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist to the best of our ability.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 01/09/2018 at 2:57:44 PM PST

sgrwlf27
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by sgrwlf27 on Jan 9, 18 4:26 PM
Reinstalled game from website and still cannot get "vault" item. Hint still shows leaving the HOS. Checked Windows Update for error 2, "Your computer is up to date"

Any other suggestions?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 9, 18 4:32 PM
Hey sgrwlf27,

I'm sorry to hear those steps didn't resolve the described issues. When troubleshooting on the forums does not resolve an issue, the next best step is reaching out to the Technical Support Team, as they can provide assistance not available to our Forum Moderator team.

Feel free to PM me if there are additional questions or concerns about this process. I'll be happy to assist however I can.

bfgArinelle

sgrwlf27
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by sgrwlf27 on Jan 9, 18 5:21 PM
I have now updated my video drivers and tried again to no avail. This must be a glitch as clicking everything in the HOS does not solve VAULT and hint shows exiting the HOS.

Go to: