crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

Prayer for Texas

[Post New]by crusader50 on Nov 5, 17 4:24 PM
Just heard on the news that there has been another shooting. 26 people killed and 20 wounded. My heart is .

When will this insanity stop???

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

Re:Prayer for Texas

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Nov 5, 17 5:01 PM
Oh, no! This just has to stop!! It is so very heartbreaking!!

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Nov 5, 17 5:07 PM
Prayers and tears for the victims of yet another senseless tragedy.

I grow weary of hearing of this scenario more and more often. My only consolation is that I still have the ability to be shocked by it every time.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Nov 5, 17 5:42 PM
Shawkn........well said! I too am shocked every time........and its becoming a weekly occurrence.

Once again.........nuts with AR's........why do they even let ANYBODY buy an AR?

Kimberly_63
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Kimberly_63 on Nov 5, 17 5:49 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with this small town of Texas. These senseless massacres are evil and the carnage he left behind in Sutherland Springs is heartbreaking.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Nov 5, 17 6:09 PM
This massacre took place in a church...a church for God's sake. Is there no place left on earth that is safe? Malls, grocery stores, outdoor venues, arenas, schools and now churches have all become the latest bastion of innocent bloodletting.

It's sad, tragic and sickening and my heart breaks for all these innocent people. Not able to run and hide, what kind of madmen is the world creating?

My heartfelt prayers go out to the victims, their family and friends. And to the first responders who undoubtedly will feel the effects of that horrific scene for a long time to come.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 5, 17 8:39 PM
They seem to be coming more and more frequently ..... we can barely get over the shock of the last one before another comes along .... so very sad, and just plain wrong.

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Nov 5, 17 10:04 PM

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Nov 6, 17 1:04 AM
A terrible tragedy.My condolences to everyone that has been affected.So senseless.

napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

[Post New]by napoeon on Nov 6, 17 2:45 AM

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Nov 6, 17 3:13 AM
No apparent motive but hate - two weeks in a row. My heart breaks for those poor people and their families. Nowhere to hide, no mercy, even for the smallest.

These souls knelt together and held their children close in God's house, while that vile coward was slaughtering them and destroying the families left behind. Please pray for God's mercy to at least help heal some of their anguish.

He was known to be an abuser of his wife and children, served a year in stockade for his actions. How does he leave the Air Force with Assault and other weapons? My husband said when his unit was released from duties back in the early 60s, they were allowed to keep everything that was issued to them - he didn;t bring back the MI6 and the carbine and the pistol he was issued. Felt he would never need them again. Sad in these days, he wishes he had at least one of them for our safety from lawbreakers.

This coward somewhere got his hands on an AR15 and decideded to kill the most lawabiding, innocent persons he could find. If the Armed Forces are issuing out a soldiers weapons with the soldiers issueing out, that HAS to stop. The sad truth is, if a madman is going to kill, he is going to find the means to do it . No law is going to prevent that. Evil men don't buy their weapons where they have to wait for a background check and maybe be found ineligle to carry a weapon. This has to stop.

It's a terrible time and I cried for Sandy Hook, those poor babies; more tears for Las Vegas, Unmercefully mowed down by a madman with hate in piece of coal in his chest instead of a heart. There should be glorifying by name or description in the media. Instead, take him out to the desert, throw him in a shallow, unmarked grave where no one will ever hear of him again. Let the desert scavengers feast on his rotten soul.

katiek

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Nov 6, 17 7:06 AM
There are no words to adequately express.

We are living in horrible times when terror is expected, where the mayor of London shrugs his shoulders and says we have to accept this new normal. Were it not a gun, it'd be a truck or a knife or whatever else they could turn into a weapon. I say the mayor of London is a sorry excuse for a man who should not take this lying down and we need to change this. None of us is sure how (though I agree with the above about good people need to arm themselves and be prepared to defend) but it should certainly be something we strive for rather than accepting it as the new normal. There are no easy answers but that does not mean we as a society give up.

Church, school, walking down the street, shopping, going to a concert or a movie, none of these should come with the notion that you're risking your life just to have a life.

I fear for the future. I fear what my grandson will have to live with long after I'm gone.

D-NY

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 6, 17 8:31 AM
After further reading, this one was close to home..... dinner with daughter and family same day was only 7 miles away! .... he lived in New Braunfels (where we live) ....and what is even more interesting .... he was stationed at Holloman Air Force Base which is only about 65 to 70 miles from where we lived in New Mexico!

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Nov 6, 17 8:55 AM
I have only just heard this on the news. The youngest victim was only 5 years old , it breaks my heart to hear such tragic news again and again. When will this ever stop? My thoughts and prayers go out to the families

Edited on 11/06/2017 at 8:56:08 AM PST

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Nov 6, 17 12:21 PM
I too just got the news, words fail me.

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Nov 6, 17 8:53 PM
I am just finding it so hard to comprehend what is going on.
Why so much hatred? Why take innocents when you are just looking for a big headline?
I don't even want to hear/watch the news anymore. EVERY day/week/month more killings.
Why the weapons that were clearly made for war being used here.

this all disturbs me so much.

Go to: