Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for World's Greatest Places Mosaics 2 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 6, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/06/2017 at 8:17:06 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for World's Greatest Places Mosaics 2 here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 6, 17 6:41 AM

These guys really know how to think outside the box, to come up with some of the most unusual variations of Mosaic puzzles. I fell in love with the Shapes type Mosaic puzzle almost instantly. It would be really cool if you could opt to solve all of the mosaics with the type of your choice, instead of having to do the puzzles in whichever type they come in.

Not only do you get to create beautiful and colorful pictures, but you get to create pictures with depth. There are the original one color grids, as well as the newer three color type grids where you change the colors by clicking on the color bubble. This feature helps you solve the puzzles when you get stumped, because you can switch between colors to narrow down the field. The Swap type Mosaics is a very challenging variation, each puzzle starts out with several different colored cells filled in, and you must swap the tiles to complete the puzzle. If a colored tile is in the correct cell, you won't be able to swap it, which is a good thing, otherwise this type could drive you insane! The final type was my absolute favorite, The Shapes type Mosaic. You will not only have the multi-colored bubbles to choose from, but you will also have a multi-shape button to toggle between. The numbers located on each column and row will indicate the shape, for instance, there might be a number 5 that has a circle around the number, indicating that you must switch to the circle shape button, or it may have a square or a hexagon shape around the number. This feature adds just the right amount of challenge to make it really interesting, at least for me personally, I wish all of the puzzles were offered in this style!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 6, 17 8:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for World's Greatest Places Mosaics 2! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on World's Greatest Places Mosaics 2.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Nov 6, 17 2:12 PM
Love the shape puzzles. Swap is a good kind of frustrating. However, I cannot see the bottom row of the grids. Windowed makes the squares too tiny for me to see.

I hope the devs see this about the grid size. If fixed I would buy this in a heartbeat.

One objection I have about most griddlers: You can't run the cursor over the whole row, then hit both right and left buttons together to cancel the move. Crystal Mosaics does this and the other new game today. It's hard to stay on track counting individual squares.

Anyway, it is too difficult playing without seeing the whole grid. No buy.

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Nov 7, 17 6:32 AM
The game play seems ok.

But the shapes... no. The number is outlined, but the outline is too thin for me to see well. Perhaps if the shape was color filled behind the number? At least in casual mode. Can't tell octagon from circle from cone.

This is a no buy for me because of that. I'm sad I won't be able to enjoy it.

GoodOldDad
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by GoodOldDad on Nov 7, 17 7:15 AM
I'm about 20 puzzles in, and mostly enjoying them. So far, I've encountered no puzzles that require guessing, with the exception of some of the "swap" puzzles, and for them, there is no penalty for making a wrong guess. The game works fine (Win 7 x64) in full screen and windowed modes. I like that if when laying down a series of tiles and I accidentally overshoot, I can cancel by right clicking rather than incurring mistakes. I also like that I have some options to customize difficulty.

All that said, there are a few little nits:
- the finished pictures are not labelled and to me, often not identifiable
- sometimes the finished row is not auto-filled with X's, even though all the clue numbers are crossed off
- in the swap games, tiles that are correctly placed are brighter than tiles that are not. Works fine for the green tiles, but to my old eyes, the contrast for the brown tiles is inadequate.

coqa
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by coqa on Nov 7, 17 7:28 AM
Love the new twist on Mosaic game. Makes you think more. Only downsides are that the shapes on 'edge of board' not very clear (difference between hexagon and circle) and you have to keep changing resolution when you want to play. If these are fixed then would definitely recommend game.

Go to: