lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

Resource Animation Oddity

[Post New]by lawaters on Nov 6, 17 6:22 PM
I'm not sure when this oddity began, but I've tested it on two iOS devices and this behavior shows up on both. I'm curious if anyone else has seen this happen.

Here's how to see the behavior:

1) Choose a Resource Mart to empty and before clicking it, note your total of that particular resource at the top of the screen. Then click to empty the Resource Mart.

2) Immediately move to a different area of the city BEFORE the animation of the resources gets going. The Resource Mart you clicked should be completely out of view.

3) Keep the Resource Mart out of view. Watch the resource total at the top of the screen. The resources from the Mart are NOT added to your total as long as the animation of retrieving the resources is out of view.

4) Bring the Resource Mart you clicked back into view. The "paused" animation resumes and the resources from the Mart are now added to your total.

I usually move quickly from one Resource Mart to another and I would always see the totals increase whether the Mart was in view or not. I'd then quickly shift the view to the boat and start shipping.

At some point, the animation of the resources started "pausing" like this if it's off the view. If I left the city without bringing the animation back into view, I'm sure I lost those resources and they were never added to my total. In Sydney, for example, my total number of bricks was not increasing even though I gather them a few times a day. That's when I started paying attention to make sure bricks were added to my total. Then I noticed this behavior.

Anyone else?

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:Resource Animation Oddity

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 6, 17 6:53 PM
Yes! Definitely if you move away from the resource mart in a hurry the resource doesn’t add to your total until you go back to the actual mart so it’s an unwelcome glitch as I am mostly in a hurry and don’t wait to see the totals increase - I will be more careful in future!

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Nov 6, 17 7:37 PM
Thanks for checking, Trav3lbird! I know lots of players have marts built in many cities and naturally hurry through to collect them and ship.

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Nov 7, 17 2:11 AM
I noticed it too, very annoying, having to wait until resources are ‘loaded’.....
For as far I can remember it started with the new treasure chest update.

ETA: I am on iPad too.

Edited on 11/07/2017 at 2:17:20 AM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 7, 17 2:28 AM
I am on ipad also, I checked through the process and you are right, its exactly as you describe. I played around with it in Syd, Tokyo & SF. Then, in NY, I have 2 marts, I tried something different. I took down the numbers of resources before I emptied the marts, then touched each of them and immediately moved off screen with both. Went to Paris, emptied the marts there and went back to NY, and the totals of resources on opening NY had been added to with the previous full marts. So it does seem that even if you move away, it does add to them, but it does wait if you are in the same city till you move the screen back to view the marts. I did a post a while ago in the thread called 'full resource marts' about another issue that I noticed was happening with the marts and the tab on the right and not being able for it to automatically find the mart unless you actually scrolled around the screen and found them yourself, which defeats the purpose of the tab finding them for you when full. I reckon there is absolutely definitely some funny business going on with the tab/marts/emptying them, etc etc, and there really is an issue that the techies really need to fix up and sort it out. I for one am sick of the tab not finding the mart as its such a waste of time now emptying them. I have ALL of the cities to do so it already takes me over half an hour of mucking around to do this, now, it would seem, the added time simply waiting while the total is added is going to make it even more of a pain in the proverbial rear end. Hope they get this message and fix all these issues.

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Nov 7, 17 2:53 PM
Good sleuthing, Jules! That was my next step. Good to know we still have the resources added to the totals after we exit the city.

That means it's a separate thing with the bricks in Sydney. I completed that in 2014 and almost never ship bricks from there. But I have around 1.5 million despite having marts generating bricks. On my other device I completed Sydney last year and have nearly 4 million. It's a mystery. Not a big deal though.

One other thing that's happened relative to animations was with a goal reward. I moved away from the level before the rewards were animated and didn't receive them. Tapping the person on the screen restarted the animation and the rewards were given. It only happened once.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 7, 17 5:58 PM
another strange thing I have found forever on this game, when there is a gift from a friend in the envelope, whether it be lives, a boost or resources, if I forget I am not using wifi, and I accidentally tap on it, I never get the gift, it goes away never to return or be added. But if I am on wifi, I get the gift. Yet the silly thing is, that it was online at some stage to even get the gift/message into the envelope in the first place, so why can't it just be opened and accepted anyway with or without wifi? Same issue with the wifi having to be connected to get the treasure chest these days, which is just ridiculous. But the issues with the emptying of marts is still ongoing. We will have to get them to fix all these things I think. Lets keep at it.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 7, 17 6:43 PM
Yes, Jules, that requirement to be online is ridiculous. I too have noticed the gifts just disappearing when tapped offline. It says try again later but there is no “later” and as for the “treasure chests” I got to day 36 and am now back to level 6 getting 2500 resources I do not need - why can’t we gift the treasure chest if we don’t want it?

Go to: