Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Delicious: Emily's Miracle of Life Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 7, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/07/2017 at 8:13:44 AM PST

Fanfare123
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Delicious: Emily's Miracle of Life Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Fanfare123 on Nov 7, 17 4:03 AM
Not sure if this is a tech issue, or if it is a design flaw in the game, but there is no options menu, so I can't access fullscreen mode or change the difficulty level for the game. These are not acceptable issues for a CE quality game.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Delicious: Emily's Miracle of Life Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Nov 7, 17 4:06 AM
Fanfare123 wrote:Not sure if this is a tech issue, or if it is a design flaw in the game, but there is no options menu, so I can't access fullscreen mode or change the difficulty level for the game. These are not acceptable issues for a CE quality game.

Just to let you know that for this game, there is no mode to change your level of difficulty. There is only ONE mode, which the game manufacturer decided to do this time around (for whatever reason). It's made many gamers very unhappy so hopefully for the next game, they will put the difficulty mode back.

julesy

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Nov 7, 17 6:06 AM
Great to see this today . No real issues except it seems very slow to move to new levels and to the shop .

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 7, 17 8:13 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Cr1s
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Cr1s on Nov 7, 17 9:56 AM
Fanfare123 wrote:Not sure if this is a tech issue, or if it is a design flaw in the game, but there is no options menu, so I can't access fullscreen mode or change the difficulty level for the game. These are not acceptable issues for a CE quality game.

You can't change the difficulty level, but you can toggle the full screen mode in the Settings menu.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 7, 17 10:26 AM
Hey Everyone,

Thank you, Cr1s, for sharing that piece of information with everyone! As mentioned, there's an option to toggle on and off full-screen mode in the Settings option that appears on the left side of the screen. This can be pulled up right away by pausing during any scene.

If there are any troubles getting it to appear, it may help out to go ahead and adjust the resolution for the screen in case the current settings are interfering with full-screen mode. Steps for adjusting screen resolution can be found here:

Screen Resolution

If there are any troubles after that, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. You can also send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators with additional questions or concerns. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

Tiffling
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Tiffling on Nov 7, 17 12:10 PM
I am running windows 7 and have most all the delicious games and they work fine but with this one I get assertion failure right after I click play. Any help would be appreciated....Thank you!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 7, 17 1:25 PM
Hi Tiffling,

I'm sorry to hear an assertion failure message is coming up when trying to play. This error is an example of a scripting error, which basically happens when something the game is expecting to happen isn't happening or has been interrupted. Sometimes reinstalling the game will get things working better. When that doesn't do the trick, there are some specific steps for scripting errors that may help out. The following links have more information on these subjects:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game
Scripting Errors

Should these tips not get things working better, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance. You're also welcome to send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators with any additional questions or concerns. We're happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

Tiffling
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Tiffling on Nov 8, 17 3:27 AM
I updated adobe and reinstalled the game and it did not fix the problem so I am not going to bother with it anymore. Thank you for your help.....

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Nov 8, 17 6:22 AM
on the developers site you can change the difficulty dont know aboutthe wide screen.
I just cancelled my membership because of all the prob;ems with the games on BF
Tjey keep saying you have to this and this. But the other sites that also have those games i hardly have any problems. I gaaave up 4 free games because the BF games are not to the normal standard.
The emi;y game runs very slow and it looks like it freezes..
oh and i am using winows 10.
Better get your stuff togetter or you will lose a lot of paying members
Cisca

[Post New]by glowfly on Nov 8, 17 8:03 AM
I have two computers: a desktop that runs Windows 7 and a brand new laptop that runs Windows 10 and I cannot get this game to run! On both computers I have updated all the Adobe's, updated Java, uninstalled and reinstalled the game about four or five times, ran the compatibility, and ran as administrator...nothing!

I keep getting that scripting error, and no matter what I do, it doesn't work. It also seems to take forever to download! I timed it, and on both computers, the game took 23 minutes to download. I can download all the other Emily games on BigFish during the time it takes for this one game to download!

It's a shame because I love the Delicious game series, and the spin-offs. It also seems, from reading the posts, that this is a major problem with this game. I don't know if you can do anything to fix it or it has to be the manufacturer, but every single option you laid out to get this game to run didn't help at all. I'll keep checking back to see if any new tips pop up though!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Delicious: Emily's Miracle of Life Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by glowfly on Nov 8, 17 9:30 AM
I just found out on [Removed by Moderator] that the computer needs to have OpenGL 2.1 or higher to run the new Delicious game. If the computer does not have at least OpenGL 2.1, then the game is NOT compatible with the computer.

OpenGL is a driver, so you can't just download a new version of it unfortunately. It's one of those things that if the computer has 2.1 or higher, it'll run. If not, oh well.

I can't post the link to [Removed by Moderator] for the instructions on how to check the status of OpenGL, so just look up Emily's miracle of life problems, and the [Removed by Moderator] blog with all the instructions should be the first link that pops up.

Edited on 11/08/2017 at 11:11:06 AM PST

[Post New]by jjjenny on Nov 8, 17 11:19 AM
I also have Windows 7 and cannot play the game. However, I can play it on my I-pad. I would prefer to play it on my computer.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 8, 17 11:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble getting the game to start up due to an error. OpenGL incompatibility, which was mentioned by glowfly, could definitely lead to this sort of error, so it's definitely a good idea to check to see if the video card for computers seeing this error supports OpenGL 2.1 or higher. I did want to caution that not all video cards can use later versions of OpenGL, so this solution may not help in some cases.

For those that the current troubleshooting steps haven't assisted, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They'll be best equipped to assist if basic troubleshooting doesn't get things going. Our Forum Moderation Team is also happy to answer any questions we can, so please send a PM to one of us if there are additional concerns.

I also wanted to quickly remind everyone to keep our Forum Rules in mind while posting. Specifically, please take a look at the following rule:

Do not discuss other game sites or game companies, positively or negatively, by name or by nickname.

Thank you again, everyone, for all of your patience and understanding. We look forward to the continued participation of all of you in our community!

bfgArinelle

Edited on 11/08/2017 at 11:22:10 AM PST

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Nov 8, 17 12:56 PM
I'm running Windows 10Pro and was able to play the game fine in demo mode. It shifts slowly, but it played.

When I purchased and downloaded the full game, it opened as a small window on my computer and the music sounded like calliope music. Seriously? What is with that? I can't get it to open to full screen, so I can't play what I just purchased. Thanks so much for nothing. And I love the Delicious Emily games. What a bummer!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 8, 17 1:42 PM
Hi sonofstar,

I'm sorry to hear there's trouble with the full version of the game! A couple things could be contributing to what's been described, so we'd recommend first uninstalling and reinstalling the game in case something went wrong during the initial installation. From there, please try running the game as an Administrator, since this could be happening because the game doesn't have access to the permissions it needs to run smoothly. Steps for these two possibilities can found at the following links:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game
Run Game as Administrator

If that doesn't do the trick, it may also help to check for Video Driver Updates available for your computer.

Should there still be issues after trying these steps, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance. You're also always welcome to PM me or one of our other Moderators with additional questions or concerns. We'll be happy to offer whatever help we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by jwilhar64 on Nov 8, 17 3:37 PM
I keep getting an assertion error when trying to run the game. I am using a PC

Edited on 11/08/2017 at 3:38:29 PM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 9, 17 10:03 AM
Hi jwilhar64,

I'm sorry to hear this error is coming up for you! An assertion error is a type of scripting error, which basically means something that is expected to happen for the game's files isn't happening. Often this is due to an interruption or troubles locating the files the game needs to work correctly. There are some specific steps we can try for scripting errors, and it may also help to check for updates for the drives on your computer. The following links have steps for these two subjects:

Scripting Errors
Video Driver Updates

Should this not resolve the issue, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance. They're best equipped to assist when basic troubleshooting hasn't resolved an issue. You're also welcome to PM me or one of the other Moderators at any time. We'll be happy to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

violet922
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by violet922 on Nov 9, 17 5:36 PM
I too have all of the Emily games and run Windows 7. Like a few others, I also this problem:

Great to see this today . No real issues except it seems very slow to move to new levels and to the shop .

Don't know what the developers changed in this game, but we don't need to be frustrated customers.

I suggest they correct their mistakes and update this game so we don't have a problem playing it, or else they will start to lose customers and we will lose a source of very enjoyable games to play...

Go to: