Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Delicious: Emily's Miracle of Life Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 7, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/07/2017 at 8:15:03 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Delicious: Emily's Miracle of Life Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 7, 17 6:56 AM

The Delicious Time Management series is the only game I know of, that draws you into the story line and makes you feel like you're part of the O'Malley family. Delicious fans have followed Emily's childhood memories, watched her fall in love, marry the man of her dreams, build her home sweet home, have her first child, shared her hopes and dreams, and now in her latest life's chapter, baby number two will soon climb aboard the Delicious train of life! (all while cooking!)

This is by far one of the most entertaining TM game series. Customers arrive, and Emily whips them up a delicious meal, while streaming her latest venture, a cooking blog called "Practice Makes Perfect" The customers will have a thought bubble showing the items they want to eat, as well as their hearts indicating their level of happiness and patients. The goal is to serve them as quickly as possible to get the largest tip possible. The longer you take to serve them, the more hearts they will lose, which means a lower tip, or they might even leave without paying! Some items require a single click to add to your tray, some items require multiple steps, and some food item require you to restock when supplies diminish.

When Carl the mouse pops up, you will receive 100 points if you click on him. You can earn extra points by serving customers super fast, checking out several customers at the same time or serving multiple people consecutively. You can earn Trophy achievements that are actually Postcards that allow you to write personal messages and send them to friends. Some levels have Challenge levels that allow you to earn Diamonds which can be used to decorate the new baby's room.

Before each level, you can upgrade the food on the menu, upgrades become available when you serve a specific amount of that particular food item. You can buy items to help you, with the coins or tips you earn, in the Shop. These special items help Emily serve customers faster, or keep the customers happier longer. There's even a plush Carl the Mouse to buy that makes Carl stick around a little longer!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Delicious: Emily's Miracle of Life Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 7, 17 8:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Delicious: Emily's Miracle of Life Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only comment on Delicious: Emily's Miracle of Life Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Nov 7, 17 11:26 AM
I bought this game purely for the story. I have most of the other Delicious games, which, for the most part, I love. However, this one, is most disappointing to me for one main reason...there is no difficulty setting! I am not very good at TM games, but the other Delicious games always had a "Beginner" mode, which, with a bit of practice, I was able to get all of the achievements and feel very good about myself! This one, already, even in the first restaurant, has me losing stars and customers!!!

I do love the story though, but I can see I will not be playing this one as much as I do the others....I don't like being frustrated! I'm also not fond of the new looks of the characters...nor their facial expressions. Instead of cute and poignant and heartbroken and loving, they tend to look smug and angry and irritated and many times just blank. There was something very special about these games that seems to be a bit lost now.

But, if you are like me, and wanted to see another chapter of Emily and her family's story, you will get it.

lyssa7712
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by lyssa7712 on Nov 7, 17 2:45 PM
I demoed this and have to say I'm disappointed that there's no choice on challenge level. the easy and normal settings were always kind of boring after I got the mechanics of the game down, because it was too easy to get 3 stars in every stage except the odd one here or there. now there's no way to set it to a hard difficulty, making it a little too easy again. I want the challenge just as much as I want the storyline.

I'm also not a fan of the updated look of the characters. my final complaint is paying a CE price but there's no real CE value to it. it's not like there's a standard edition without the bonus stages in between to choose from. while the other games in this series had replayability to them and I had no issue using 2 credits, I'm not sure that's going to be the case here.

vl050979
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by vl050979 on Nov 9, 17 9:00 PM
I love this Series! I'm a little confused on the Daily Challenge though. One of the trophies is to win the daily challenge 15 consecutive days. I could finish this game in 1 night, then I would have to check back every day for a new Daily Challenge till 15 days are up?

kaylar00
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by kaylar00 on Nov 10, 17 6:21 AM
I have to say that even though there were no choices for player skills and the speed was slower than usual in this game, I love the story line and think it's important to show how powerful the family unit is. I love the relationship between all the characters and how that has developed over the games. I wish there were more games like this available. The spirituality of Vito turning into a bird at the end made me cry... not tears of sadness but how beautifully it was done. Absolutely great story line and I'm looking forward to watching the twins grow up with their big sister's help.

Thank you!!! This game makes me smile and feel better about life!!!

[Post New]by VampyreKiss on Nov 10, 17 10:05 PM
Huge fan of the Delicious series, esp the ones involving Emily- they are so heartwarming, sweet and entertaining! I absolutely lovelovelove the painstaking attention to detail and all the thought put into these! I wish the characters in this new game weren't drawn differently and looked like all the original ones because I really wanted to buy this one too! If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Hopefully they go back to the original drawings. Keep up the good work Delicious Team!
~A Delicious Fan

Edited on 11/10/2017 at 10:08:42 PM PST

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Nov 11, 17 8:43 AM
vl050979 wrote:I love this Series! I'm a little confused on the Daily Challenge though. One of the trophies is to win the daily challenge 15 consecutive days. I could finish this game in 1 night, then I would have to check back every day for a new Daily Challenge till 15 days are up?

Yes, this is true. So although you finished the game in 1 day, you know that you will have a new challenge to play every day. This is helpful if you lack enough diamonds to buy ALL the items for the nursery.

julesy

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Nov 15, 17 12:37 PM
I find this to be a rip-off. A friend of mine bought the game for me since I have been playing Emily games for 10 years. It is supposed to be a CE, yet the game is lacking difficulty settings. I am well aware that the game can be purchased from its parent site and has the difficulty settings. I feel as though Big Fish has ripped off Emily fans by putting out an unfinished build and still charging as though it is a full game. Clearly, it is not since the game (on Big Fish) doesn't give the entire game including difficulty settings. I, for one, would demand either my friend's money back or that Big Fish put out a rebuild of this game as it was intended to be.

Not pleased at all! I have taken it off my BFG manager until Big Fish sees fit to do something about this and won't put it back on until the difficulty settings are included like they are on the other gaming site.

tamk42
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by tamk42 on Nov 17, 17 8:38 PM
I am more upset now that I read the last post here that other difficulty settings are available???? Big Fish is this true?? That is one of the reasons I like this game so much---I can go back and play the expert levels for the rainbow stars, That was going to be my only bad criticism of this one---that they left that out. But did they???? I really would like an answer because I feel that;s one thing to justify the collector's edition price. I'm disappointed and am actually going to go look on the games site to see if other difficulty levels are offered.

[Post New]by billiejolear on Nov 20, 17 8:18 AM
Every single Delicious game has had a bonus board you discover. Is there one available and also where is the difficulty tab? What is going on with our games? :'( Since this purchase of BFG's happened the time management group gets no attention. All of the good games have disappeared and those that remain are now being maimed. Come on people... :'( Do you think you could stop making find a dog in a basket games for ten minutes and give some decent attention to these games? I am continually canceling my membership with you. I am really just about done with BFG and that would be a shame because have you like have you seen how many games I have purchased? You seriously need to get your act together. Either make yourself a find a guy game site and be done with it or pay attention to your other paying customers.

Edited on 11/20/2017 at 8:19:19 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 20, 17 2:06 PM
Hello Everyone,

We certainly understand the concerns expressed in the most recent posts, and we appreciate that you've all taken the time to let your thoughts be heard on the subject. At this time, we are not aware of another version of the game that may contain additional difficulty settings. The version on the Big Fish Games site is the version provided to us, so it's the version we have available for purchase.

I would also like to take the opportunity to remind everyone of our review guidelines. The intention of reviews is to provide players in the Big Fish community with more information about the version of a game available on our site. We ask that our players review the game itself rather than the developers, other sites, or other possible versions of the game that may exist. This is covered by the following guideline:

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

If there are questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me or another Moderator at any time. We will be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

tamk42
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by tamk42 on Nov 20, 17 4:52 PM
We are reviewing the game! It used to have 3 difficulty levels and now it doesn't. That is a negative stain on the review. Do you just want positive reviews?
I love this series and always have. What our reviews are saying is that the new versions put out that we are spending MORE money on are NOT as good as the previous ones. Spend more and get less is not the way to go. By more money I mean those of us who are already invested in the series will buy collector's editions (in some cases we have no choice)--another bad change.

[Post New]by mferna73 on Jan 7, 18 5:32 PM
This is one of the only TM games that keeps me engaged in the story line. I never hit SKIP. And I can honestly say this one brought tears to my eyes even though I knew what was coming when Vito sat down on the bench. As far as I am concerned, keep the Emily stories coming. XOXOXO

Go to: