barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

What makes this a CE?

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Nov 7, 17 10:45 AM
I usually just play HOG's/HOPA and know what makes those CE, my children LOVE the Emily series but usually get them the SE, but was wondering if the CE would be worth something to consider getting them, just didn't know what the extras in these vs. the SE is. Thanks for the help

skyepearl
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

Re:What makes this a CE?

[Post New]by skyepearl on Nov 7, 17 11:25 AM
Not much really...lol But, I supposed it depends upon how much you enjoy it...

I'm pretty sure the extras you get are the "challenge" levels scattered throughout the game, between levels. The first being a stork on the map right after you finish the first level. They are more stand-alone arcade/TM levels such as, "don't let anyone leave angry" while you're bombarded with a metric buttload of impatient people. Or "find 100 mice in the time period" (while serving customers, of course). - not actual examples from the game. I think those optional challenge levels award you diamonds, with which you purchase something that doesn't unlock until you reach a certain level (probably after purchase). I read in the reviews that it unlocks decorations to buy for a baby's room. I believe that the trophies/achievements - (postcards, in this game that you can send to real people? - seemed that way, didn't try) & the usual "collectible" mice are also in the SE versions.

I have purchased both SE & CE versions of the older Delicious: Emily games & would always choose to buy the SE.....IF, & that's a big IF, they offer the SE version. This is the only series on BF (that I noticed anyway) that (sometimes) forces you to buy the CE if you want the game as they do NOT offer the SE version later. I'll put this one in my puddle for awhile & see if they release the SE, otherwise I'll wait for a BOGO. I enjoy this series, but I prefer the regular levels to the challenge levels, so it's not really worth it to me. Speedy & dexterous children may enjoy the extra challenge, so I guess it's up to you to decide what's best.

Edited on 11/07/2017 at 11:59:30 AM PST

barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Nov 7, 17 12:41 PM
skyepearl wrote:Not much really...lol But, I supposed it depends upon how much you enjoy it...

I'm pretty sure the extras you get are the "challenge" levels scattered throughout the game, between levels. The first being a stork on the map right after you finish the first level. They are more stand-alone arcade/TM levels such as, "don't let anyone leave angry" while you're bombarded with a metric buttload of impatient people. Or "find 100 mice in the time period" (while serving customers, of course). - not actual examples from the game. I think those optional challenge levels award you diamonds, with which you purchase something that doesn't unlock until you reach a certain level (probably after purchase). I read in the reviews that it unlocks decorations to buy for a baby's room. I believe that the trophies/achievements - (postcards, in this game that you can send to real people? - seemed that way, didn't try) & the usual "collectible" mice are also in the SE versions.

I have purchased both SE & CE versions of the older Delicious: Emily games & would always choose to buy the SE.....IF, & that's a big IF, they offer the SE version. This is the only series on BF (that I noticed anyway) that (sometimes) forces you to buy the CE if you want the game as they do NOT offer the SE version later. I'll put this one in my puddle for awhile & see if they release the SE, otherwise I'll wait for a BOGO. I enjoy this series, but I prefer the regular levels to the challenge levels, so it's not really worth it to me. Speedy & dexterous children may enjoy the extra challenge, so I guess it's up to you to decide what's best.

Thank you very much skyepearl! The kids have I think 3 or 4 of the games now, I won't tell them about the new ones especially if they are only being released at CE. They're 12, 9 & 6. I was thinking of buying them this when they did have a bogo, but if there's really nothing special with them, I'll get another game for me

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Nov 7, 17 5:56 PM
What I would do if I were you is only buy games when they are buy one get one. That's what I do and it makes buying a Ce worth the price even if you think there isn't much extra.

I already own this game on another site. It was a buy no matter the extras as I own all them already.

Edited on 11/07/2017 at 5:59:01 PM PST

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Nov 8, 17 5:16 AM
metmichallica wrote:What I would do if I were you is only buy games when they are buy one get one. That's what I do and it makes buying a Ce worth the price even if you think there isn't much extra.

I already own this game on another site. It was a buy no matter the extras as I own all them already.

Same for me on both counts as metmichallica. Also, BFG often has 50% off, 60% off or more on CE games. They have these sales quite often, so wait a little while and you can get the game for the same price as a SE. Even though I generally have enough credits, I usually wait for BFG sales & specials to buy the CE TM games. This game won't be available as a SE as the game manufacturer has not been releasing many of their games as SE anymore.

julesy

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Nov 8, 17 11:09 AM
I bought this one in todays sale which worked out the same price as the SE . I couldn't wait that long to see if a SE was released

[Post New]by simplicity19 on Nov 8, 17 12:25 PM
And usually there are more "stations" than with the SE.
And i do agree with the other comments. That's how I usually buy CE games too.
Discount or 2 for 1.

Go to: