rozanne123
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Deadtimes Stories Quits on Me.

[Post New]by rozanne123 on May 8, 10 1:45 PM
When I load the game, I get the message that Deadtime.exe has quit working and Windows is working on a solution to the problem. I uninstalled and re-installed the game and it still did that. Has anyone else had that problem?

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Re:Deadtimes Stories Quits on Me.

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 8, 10 2:06 PM
Hi rozanne123,

If you are running on a Windows 7/ Vista machine, you may want to try running your Game Manager as administrator here are the steps to take.

Since Vista can sometimes prevent scripts from running properly, run the Game Manager as an administrator.

1. Right-click the Game Manager icon and select Properties.
2. Click the Compatibility tab.
3. Check the box to Run this program as an administrator.
4. Click Apply > OK.

You can also run your game as administrator by:

1. Right clicking the on the game on your desktop
2. Click properties
3. Click the security tab and then make sure that you are the administrator with Full Control

You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

rozanne123
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by rozanne123 on May 8, 10 2:19 PM
didn't work, I sent customer service a report yesterday and I hope they can reply soon and I can finish the game.

r3t1r3d
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by r3t1r3d on May 8, 10 3:56 PM
I had the same problem. Uninstalled, reinstalled and started game using different name. I havent completed game yet, but I did get past the point where I orginally had trouble.

[Post New]by jazalyn on May 10, 10 6:43 PM
I have the same problem so you are not alone. I love this game and really want to finish it. i hope Big Fish comes up with a solution to this problem soon. i want to continue the game so if anyone can help please do so.

Thanks

[Post New]by gordon24_08109 on May 11, 10 8:29 AM
Tried everything I get a error code everytime I try to open game.

[Post New]by revamae on May 11, 10 8:44 AM
the game just on quits on me

zukibaba
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by zukibaba on May 11, 10 6:56 PM
I too am getting the same message. I reported the problem several days ago and no one has gotten back to me.
I also want to finish the game seeing I paid for it.
I tried to uninstall then reinstall and that did not work or the other solution.

If we do not find a solution I hope BF refunds my money or gives me a credit?

[Post New]by kbossa on May 12, 10 10:36 AM
this has made me sooooo mad!!!! I have done everyhing they told me to do and it still wont work!!!! I hope you refund my money.

Rebait
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Rebait on May 12, 10 11:14 AM
I have been having that same problem almost since I bought the game on 4/29. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times and sometimes it lets me play a bit longer and then the same "quit" message. Very frustrating but I'm glad to see that I am not the only one with this problem. I am running Windows 7. Now I see that running as administrator did not solve your problem so I don't know if I will even go through the extra aggravation of trying.

luckyden
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by luckyden on May 13, 10 6:45 AM
I am also getting this problem even though I have nearly finished the game. Did you find a sloution/????

[Post New]by littlebonbon on May 13, 10 10:10 AM
the problem is with the save files. If you play the game all the way through you'll be fine but if you save and try to go back you will get the error.

[Post New]by whatsup61 on May 16, 10 10:21 PM
Bought the game played to the grave site, game quit. Tried to start game again, but would not load. Game keeps falling out back to desktop. Would like to finish game.
Have uninstalled and installed again, but still does not play. BF needs a definite fix for this game. I will sent a request for a game credit for this game to BF. I am really disappointed so wanted to play this game through.

[Post New]by revamae on May 17, 10 7:25 PM
my game still don"t work what up with the game that we can"t play it .....we need help so we can play the game ............help us thank you

[Post New]by okracoke on May 18, 10 4:01 AM
I've been told they are working with the developers for a 'fix' ..... still waiting.

sbyrd
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by sbyrd on May 19, 10 11:44 AM
whatsup61 wrote:Bought the game played to the grave site, game quit. Tried to start game again, but would not load. Game keeps falling out back to desktop. Would like to finish game.
Have uninstalled and installed again, but still does not play. BF needs a definite fix for this game. I will sent a request for a game credit for this game to BF. I am really disappointed so wanted to play this game through.

Mine is doing the same thing and it quits in the exact same spot...what's up with this..please BF we need a fix

cfay
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by cfay on May 20, 10 7:57 AM
Same problem.

[Post New]by cogirl69454 on May 22, 10 11:12 AM
same problem!!! Almost done with game!! sooo mad. Really like this game!

[Post New]by millrose on May 23, 10 7:55 AM
I'm having the same problem. I got all the way to putting the voodoo doll together and the game will not load. It sends me back to the Big Fish screen. I've done all the stuff they told me to but it still doesn't work. I've got several credits but now I am worried about buying any more hidden object games..will they all do this? Come on Big Fish.....this isn't right.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on May 27, 10 7:19 AM
I got to the Cemetery (The end area) and I had to quit to do some things, I had quit several times before and had no problems starting back. This time everytime I clicked continue it would bring me to the Games Manager and say Thanks for Playing Deadtime Stories and ask if I wanted to continue.

I did a Live Chat with costumer service and they said some users were having the same problem and it was a glitch that they contacted the game developer to make a fix for. Big Fish said this glitch did not affect all users, just a small percent, so they werent going to take the game off the site.

They offered me a coupon code to replace the game since I couldnt complete it before it glitched. I even tried it after restarting the computer and on other days with the same outcome. I did receive a credit to get another game until they got the fix, I wonder if they got it yet because I bought the game when it first came out, wonder if thats enough time to make a fix for it?

Go to: