Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Fears here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 8, 17 12:41 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/08/2017 at 8:17:26 AM PST

lornaovenden1
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Fears here.

[Post New]by lornaovenden1 on Nov 8, 17 7:44 AM
Cannot install game - get error 126

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 8, 17 8:17 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by rara3462 on Nov 8, 17 8:27 AM
installed ok but would play error code (but forgot to record it).
PC told me to delete, so i did.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 8, 17 8:30 AM
Hi lornaovenden1,

Sorry to hear there's an error coming up when trying to install the game! Let's see if some troubleshooting will get that fixed up. Error 126 usually comes up when a file the game needs to install correctly isn't available or isn't working as it should. Normally this can be fixed by reinstalling the game and making sure to accept any third-party software packages that come with the game (DirectX, usually, but could also be other packages). The following links have more information, if you'd like to take a look:

Error 126
Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

If that doesn't do the trick, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. They're best equipped to assist from that point. You're also welcome to reach out to me or one of our other Moderators if there are any additional questions. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 8, 17 8:34 AM
Hi rara3462,

It sounds like an error code of some sort came up after trying to start up the game. Let's give some troubleshooting a try to see if we can get it running correctly. Depending on the type of error that appeared, there are a few different solutions to try. We can start with a basic uninstall/reinstall, and then we can try running as Administrator to make sure the game's files have all the permissions they need to work correctly. The following links have steps for these two tips:

Should that not resolve the issue, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to best assist from that point. Our Forum Moderation Team is also always happy to answer any questions we can via PM, so feel free to send one to me or one of the other Moderators.

bfgArinelle

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Nov 8, 17 8:42 AM
mine installed but wont play ... says it has an error

lornaovenden1
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lornaovenden1 on Nov 8, 17 9:16 AM
Uninstalled and reinstalled but still couldn't download - please help

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Nov 8, 17 10:43 AM
This games does not download properly. The first time, it took forever to install, and then blipped out of existence. The2nd time--oh yes, I did indeed uninstall it,--it said it had installed, but refused to work. So I uninstalled it again. Third time, Big Fish manager refused to work. So I turned off the computer, waited 30 minutes, and will try again.

If it does not work on the next installation, I'm not bothering with this one.

mistyelle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mistyelle on Nov 8, 17 10:44 AM
Flickering screen in fullscreen mode.

grogsplot
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by grogsplot on Nov 8, 17 10:52 AM
Don't post a game up that doesn't work. Tried reinstalling 3 times. I have an up to date computer too.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 8, 17 10:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

When it comes to download issues, there are several different things that could be going on. Often there's interference happening from another program somewhere. The following article has some tips that can help out with general installation or download issues:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

When those steps don't resolve the issue, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance, as they have better tools to diagnose and troubleshoot than we do here on the forums.

As for the flickering screen, mistyelle, this can be related to the video card drivers currently installed not getting along well with the game. I totally understand if playing in windowed mode instead isn't a great solution, so it may help to check for updates for the drivers for your computer. The following link has details about that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

When troubleshooting doesn't resolve an issue, we recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team. They can both provide additional help and collect information that helps us track issues.

As always, please feel free to send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators if there are additional questions. We'll do everything we can to help.

bfgArinelle

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Nov 8, 17 11:13 AM
Game installed, but will not play....error code. Tried several times, but kept getting message that game has stopped running. operating Windows 7. Uninstalled game.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Nov 8, 17 2:21 PM
having same problem..

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 8, 17 3:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble getting the game to open up to play! When a game isn't opening up to play and closes suddenly instead, the game's files may not have the permissions they need to work correctly. One thing that can help is running the game in Administrator mode to make sure those files have all the permissions they need. Steps for this can be found here:

Should that not resolve the issue, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance. You're also welcome to send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators at any time. We'll be happy to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgArinelle

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Nov 8, 17 3:57 PM
game wouldn't play, had a message come up and asked if wanted to send a error report. tried 3 times and each time that came up. so uninstalled and guess will not be playing it

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 9, 17 1:53 PM
Hi Simba2009,

It sounds like the game is crashing before it can open up. Sorry to hear you've run into this issue! When a game fails to open, sometimes something has gone wrong during the installation process, so uninstalling and reinstalling the game can help correct that. It's also always a good idea to check for any possible video card driver updates, since those drivers greatly affect whether or not a game is able to play. Links for these two subjects are below:

Video Driver Updates

If those steps don't resolve the issue, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance via the tools they have access to. You're also welcome to send a PM to me or another Moderator whenever you'd like. We're always happy to assist in the ways we can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: