afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

How to use the Gear for Wizard Battles

[Post New]by afspam on Nov 8, 17 4:49 AM
I know, you thought this post would be starting with a high level player telling you how to use the stuff you collect for Battles. Nope.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on. I have all these rings and books and sceptres and tattoos and I can't figure out the best way to use them.

It seems that if you stop "wearing" [item 1] and put it in the chest and put a higher level [item 2] in it's place, you can no longer wear [item 1].

I keep trying to put one of the rings back on, but no matter which item I remove it tells me there's no spot free for it. I also can't tell which items are connected/similar, since I seem to have removed a ring and replaced it with a book!

Sheesh, I don't even know how to describe the problem!

There is no insight in the wiki and we all know how great the search function is in this forum

aurendel01
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

Re:How to use the Gear for Wizard Battles

[Post New]by aurendel01 on Nov 8, 17 5:15 AM
Hi, Afspam.

Some browsers don't give full access to the Character features. I use Firefox on a Mac, so I don't have that problem. Maybe a Windows user can advise you which browser to use with a Windows system.

However, when I want to change things on my character, I open up the Duel window, & click on the blue Character button. There are two tabs in the Character window: Character (default) and Chest. Click on the Chest tab, and you will see rows of storage slots for your gear. If you have any open slots, you may click on an item your character is wearing and put it in the chest. If you don't have any slots open, but do have "+" marks in them, you can use crystals to buy new storage slots. Once the whole tab is full, that's that. At that point, you'd need to sell items for gold.

In order to wear a new item, you must have a slot open in the "Gear" section. You can only wear a maximum of six items. If you don't have a slot open in your Gear, you must either put an item in your Chest or sell an item for gold.

If you have a slot open in Gear, you may select an item in your Chest and wear it.

Newly acquired objects go into the Backpack section. From there, you can either wear them, put them in the Chest, or sell them. You can have up to five slots for new items (bottom row) in the Backpack, and five slots for Combat Potions (top row).

Potions can also be stored in the Chest, from where they can be moved to the Backpack or sold. Only Potions in the Backpack can be used in duels. Those stored in the Chest can't be used until you return them to the Backpack.

As far as I can tell, once an item of gear has been moved from the Backpack to be worn as Gear or stored in the Chest, it can't be put back in the Backpack. Unless someone else has experienced otherwise?

I think that magical gear in the backpack doesn't do anything until you wear it. And I don't think you can access backpack gear during combat.

I don't think there's any set rule about what type of gear you can wear. I suppose it's possible to wear two rings, or replace a ring with a book. I haven't tried that, really. Perhaps someone else can tell? Maybe it's possible to wear multiple tattoos or two wands?

At any rate, it sounds to me as tho' in your browser you're not able to access the Chest tab, just the Gear and the Backpack. Try using a different browser and see how it goes.

Good luck, & happy gaming!

PS My neighbor code is Fdr2G2

Edited on 11/08/2017 at 5:16:18 AM PST

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Nov 8, 17 5:37 AM
as I recall there is only one place to WEAR one of each type of item.
You are wearing what shows in your GEAR box.
There is one slot in the gear box for each type of gear - a ring, for example. and one slot for a tattoo. and one for a scepter. i'd have to go into my chrome to tell you more. but there is a good post in the forum somewhere all about it. let me see if I saved that url. ....

nope. don't see it. maybe I can find it for you.
nope. can't find it.
most postings about "duels" have been sent to technical support. others that are good are locked. I tried to copy paste urls but was not able to do so.
sorry could not be more help.
I used to be able to be.
=)
honest!

Edited on 11/08/2017 at 6:04:16 AM PST

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by afspam on Nov 9, 17 4:47 AM
Hi aurendel01

Your info will be of great use to others so it's great that you've included it. I have full access to all areas that you've described and I know how to move objects around. (although, wouldn't it be great if you could move items into the backpack from the chest!)

My problem is that I have rings in my chest that I can't wear, no matter what I remove from "wearing". I'm currently not wearing any rings, so I can't figure out which slot it came from. I have systematically removed every item and tried to put the ring on, but no luck!

aurendel01
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by aurendel01 on Nov 9, 17 5:16 AM
Sorry, Afspam.

Here I went on a long discourse without ever addressing your problem!

I hope someone else can come up with an answer, 'cuz I got nuthin"!

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by afspam on Nov 9, 17 5:20 AM
lol, don't worry about it! Like I said, your info will be of use to someone

xara_bili
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by xara_bili on Nov 10, 17 4:56 AM
Hi Afspam here is a long shot!!!! Is it possible that your ring is damaged beyond repair and maybe that's why the game doesn't let you wear it? Once I had a gear that vanished when I was wearing it because it run out of lives. I don't know what would have happened if a very damaged gear is in your chest or backpack. After that one time I always repair them.

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by afspam on Nov 11, 17 5:22 AM
xara_bili wrote:Hi Afspam here is a long shot!!!! Is it possible that your ring is damaged beyond repair and maybe that's why the game doesn't let you wear it? [...]

Nope, I have other items that are damaged in there, but they have a counterpart that I'm currently wearing and it allows me to switch them around. The ring is at full strength. Good thought though!

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Nov 14, 17 3:45 PM
I can tell you that you don't have access to you Duel Chest with IE11.
Google Chrome always worked just fine with me, until I couldn't log into ROM with it, but that is issue within itself.
If you don't have any empty cells in your chest you are going to use your gems/crystals to buy one so you can transfer your gear; you need to have an empty cell in order to transfer any gear back into you Dueling Chest.
Wearing two of the same item serves no purpose towards your benefit. If you hover your mouse over the artifact, in your artifact tab you will see what they do. Epic, Rare, etc.. are shown.
If memory serves me correctly Epic or Rare are the ones received when Dueling from the Left Side of your screen or a special on the R/S, the others are from the VOM (Valley of Magicians)
I hope this is of some help to anyone, as I can no longer get into my chest when attempting to duel.
Lily

Go to: