Looking for key with rolled up newspaper

[Post New]by snufty7 on May 8, 10 3:53 PM
I'm in the kitchen and I've rolled the newspaper tightly, but although I've gone along every bit of the slots, I still can't find the key. I've tried holding the mouse down and doing it all in a oner, I've tried clicking repeatedly every millimetre. What am I doing wrong? Please help me someone!

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

Re:Looking for key with rolled up newspaper

[Post New]by cinder555 on May 8, 10 4:09 PM
It is random. My slot was at the bottom of stove between the stove and floor - right side. It is dark.

Without holding down the mouse, try going over the area with your mouse only and it will say slot. Then go back to the spot and clicking on it.

FireOpal
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by FireOpal on May 8, 10 6:47 PM
Make sure you've spoken with the guy (forgot his name, the prisoner). If you don't get that "key" dialogue you'll never find the key.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 9, 10 2:44 AM
This is a chain of triggers. Talk to Jack, go upstairs and try the doors, talk to Jack again. The key under the stove is now available using the newspaper.

[Post New]by snufty7 on May 10, 10 10:12 AM
Thanks so much guys! I hadn't talked to Jack enough to mention the key! I'll probably need your help again before much longer. Thanks again.

[Post New]by Columbia999 on Jul 25, 10 2:57 PM
I've done everything I need to do, but the key dialogue with Jack never appears, no matter how much I talk to him. I'm completely stuck now because the rolled up newspaper will never pick up the key. Can anyone help??

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 25, 10 3:01 PM
Columbia999 wrote:I've done everything I need to do, but the key dialogue with Jack never appears
No you haven't. As I said in my previous post, this is a sequence of things. If you haven't got the key as a conversation topic yet, it's because you haven't been upstairs. As you get to the top, the camera is facing you with a door on your screen left (character's right). That's the one you have to click on, then come back down and talk to Jack again.

[Post New]by Columbia999 on Jul 27, 10 4:10 PM
I have been upstairs and clicked on both doors, but the key never appears in the following conversation with Jack.
Edit: Aha!!!! What I didn't do was go up the stairs to the first floor, just the ground floor. Finally I have got the key, now all I need to do is that horrible sliding puzzle to get the secret door open. I hate those things, wish there was a skip option!

Edited on 07/27/2010 at 4:30:17 PM PST

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Aug 1, 10 6:42 PM
I don't know if you know this or not but YES their is a skip the puzzle option. It is called a save game file.

[Post New]by Columbia999 on Aug 15, 10 12:21 PM
Ok, so what do I have to do? Tried saving the game but it just brings me back to the puzzle every time.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 15, 10 1:08 PM
You can't skip the puzzle yourself. A saved game file beyond that point would have to come from someone else.

Edited on 08/18/2010 at 9:59:48 AM PST

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Aug 18, 10 9:32 AM
Yes, there is a skip the puzzle option when someone else solves the puzzle and gives you the save files to insert into your game so you can continue the game.

PM if you want the files.

Edited on 08/18/2010 at 9:32:42 AM PST

Go to: