Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES of Surface: Project Dawn Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 9, 17 12:40 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/09/2017 at 8:08:10 AM PST

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES of Surface: Project Dawn Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Nov 9, 17 3:38 AM
I downloaded the game, hit Play, gave name etc. amd then mothing. When I hit PLAY again it starts all over (name, what modus I want to play etc.). I quit and started again, no change
what now?
computer is 2 months old, windows 10, eveything is up to date

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES of Surface: Project Dawn Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 9, 17 4:05 AM
@yvonnehoho

I had the same issue, just click okay a second time on both pop ups without changing any of the options, and it will play.

[Post New]by judyhatcher on Nov 9, 17 4:16 AM
Same issue here. I always set up to play custom and when I tried the game would not start. It finally started with the lowest experience setting. Game seems otherwise quite good but am now waiting for other glitches.

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Nov 9, 17 5:34 AM
my cursor is jumpy. tried system cursor same thing. when I try to pick up items I had to try several times before I could them up and place them. I can't play this game with cursor jumping all over. giving me a headache. if this a glitch please fix it.

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Nov 9, 17 5:39 AM
disregard my first post. I disabled special effects and it's working fine now.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Nov 9, 17 6:24 AM
I could not get it to play on Custom. Just started over. I finally put it on Advanced and it worked.

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Nov 9, 17 7:19 AM
I'm probably about halfway through the game, in the second nightmare trying to assemble a wheel with planks. Click on the wheel from inventory and it doesn't appear - it gives you the directions, but no object, and then locks up. Had to ctl alt del both times I tried to interact with the wheel. I think I need it to move on, too. Oops.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 9, 17 7:39 AM
scpotamus wrote:I could not get it to play on Custom. Just started over. I finally put it on Advanced and it worked.

Mine wouldn't play in custom mode either. Casual works for me. Win 7 64-bit.

P.S. once I was in the game I was able to change it to custom.

Edited on 11/10/2017 at 5:58:57 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 9, 17 8:07 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 9, 17 8:27 AM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like there's trouble playing in Custom mode, as well as some difficulties with items not responding correctly when clicked. Let's see if a bit of troubleshooting can smooth out some of these issues. When parts of a game aren't accessible or aren't responding as expected, it can be due to the game's files not having the permissions they need to work correctly. It may also help to reinstall the game in case something went wrong during the initial installation process.

We also have some specific troubleshooting steps tailored for Window 10 users, since troubleshooting for that OS can be a bit trickier. I've included links to articles for these three subjects:

Run Game as Administrator
Uninstall and Reinstall a Game
Windows 10

If these steps do not seem to resolve the issue, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. They have the best tools to help out when basic troubleshooting hasn't fixed the trouble. You're also welcome to send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators at any time. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Nov 9, 17 8:47 AM
lolaluv wrote:I'm probably about halfway through the game, in the second nightmare trying to assemble a wheel with planks. Click on the wheel from inventory and it doesn't appear - it gives you the directions, but no object, and then locks up. Had to ctl alt del both times I tried to interact with the wheel. I think I need it to move on, too. Oops.

Update: tried removing special effects and custom cursor, no luck. Cannot see the wheel, can't assemble it, can't move on. Hope there's a fix soon.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Nov 9, 17 10:49 AM
I'm on win 8.1 all-in-one PC - no glitches, snags or anything. I'm half way through Chapter 2 and everything is working fine.

fishyfi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by fishyfi on Nov 9, 17 1:40 PM
Same problem as the others with the wheel - doesn't matter what screen I'm on when I try and add the planks to it - invisible wheel and have to control alt delete to get out. can't go any further as I need to use the wheel

update - I set unset the custom cursor and special effects, set the level to casual and the wheel appeared. once I'd fixed it and used it, I put all the settings back to where they'd been before and it all is working fine again now

Edited on 11/09/2017 at 2:21:28 PM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 9, 17 2:52 PM
Hi there Everyone,

Thanks for letting us know about the workaround you found, fishyfi! Hopefully that'll be helpful for any other players who may find themselves in a similar position. We appreciate all the time and effort spent finding out a way around that!

While I'm swimming by, I thought I'd just let everyone know that the information about Custom mode not working correctly has been passed along. We'll be sure to update the Forum with more information about this as soon as it becomes available. Thanks, everyone, for all of your patience!

bfgArinelle

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Nov 9, 17 6:08 PM
Thanks for the update Arinelle; I have the same problem when trying to use the 'custom' option as the others. I tried running the game as administrator but there was no change.

My OS is Windows 10 (Fall Creators edition)

Kam

[Post New]by will804 on Nov 10, 17 2:11 AM
Am having same issue as Lolaluv. When you click on wheel it doesn't appear and game freezes up. Have tried control, alt, delete three time and same thing happens

sgmorg1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by sgmorg1 on Nov 10, 17 11:24 AM
I am having the same issues with the wheel and the boards. I can go no further. I have to hit Ctrl-Alt-Dlt each time.

annebil
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by annebil on Nov 10, 17 1:29 PM
fishyfi wrote:Same problem as the others with the wheel - doesn't matter what screen I'm on when I try and add the planks to it - invisible wheel and have to control alt delete to get out. can't go any further as I need to use the wheel

update - I set unset the custom cursor and special effects, set the level to casual and the wheel appeared. once I'd fixed it and used it, I put all the settings back to where they'd been before and it all is working fine again now

Yes. it worked.

nightkat1
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by nightkat1 on Nov 10, 17 1:54 PM
I don't understand why I had no trouble downloading and playing the trial game, but now can't download the whole game after purchase. Windows 10.

Go to: