Daxadillion
Salmon
Salmon
2,862 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Surface: Project Dawn Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 9, 17 12:43 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/09/2017 at 8:08:45 AM PST

nanafraser
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Surface: Project Dawn Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Nov 9, 17 3:14 AM
Surface series used to be innovative or Sci Fi, now there just following the lead of every other creeped out game! HOs are interesting colors sound are great! 5 chapters plus bonus! Just sad, been playing older games & the change of the story lines are always spooky! If you like that kind of thing that's fine. But a light fairy tale would be great once in a while!

Edited on 11/09/2017 at 3:51:40 AM PST

pennmom36
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 9, 17 5:28 AM

Project Dawn has clawed its way to the Surface, and it's abundantly clear that Elephant games is rising to the top of the HOPA pile! I knew this was going to be a fantastic game the moment the gates opened to reveal a post apocalyptic abandoned town. The details and graphics are exactly what you'd expect in a town that was quickly abandoned nearly 30 years ago. I was a tad bit disappointed when the game took a drastic turn, and I entered the "nightmare" world. I would rather have stayed right where I was, searching for Maya in an abandoned town, because the atmosphere is so cool, and there are too many games with a dreamscape theme. The good news is that you bounce back and forth, so I can live with that.

This Collector's Edition has 10 Wallpapers, 11 Concept Art pictures, 1 Screensaver, 5 Music Soundtracks, 15 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 11 replayable Mini Games, 12 Morphing Character Figures, Surface Flowers to collect that will unlock the Secret Rooms of HOP's, 9 Achievements to earn with several categories within each achievements, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy the experiment!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,148 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 9, 17 6:03 AM
pennmom36, I'm glad I read your review. After finding out that the bonus is a prequel, which I hate, and bouncing to the nightmare world, when I liked the other one better, I hesitated to buy it. But, you've made it sound so interesting, I'm going to go right ahead. I do wish that the descriptions would include info as to what the bonus game will be, because OTW, I avoid prequels if I can.

pennmom36
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 9, 17 7:00 AM
@jennsmom

I bought this game the second I entered the gate and saw where this game was going. I love "apocalyptic" themed games like Dawn of Hope, and Darkness and Flame. I still have the last 2 chapters to finish, but so far so good!

bfgArinelle
252 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 9, 17 8:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Surface: Project Dawn Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Surface: Project Dawn Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
674 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Nov 9, 17 2:10 PM
Played the demo, not for me. Just didn't keep my interest and didn't care much for the graphics and color theme. Maybe i am just a die hard dark, gloomy, spooky kinda girl. This game just didn't have the theme i am interested in.

judy76073
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
471 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Nov 9, 17 3:08 PM
pennmom36 wrote:@jennsmom

I bought this game the second I entered the gate and saw where this game was going. I love "apocalyptic" themed games like Dawn of Hope, and Darkness and Flame. I still have the last 2 chapters to finish, but so far so good!

I bought this game w/o even trying the demo. And like you, have been quite enjoying it. I am on the last chapter now and enjoying the story - taking my time with this game. One of the things I like about this game is that the background music is not intrusive and also, some of the hidden object scenes are quite different.

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Nov 9, 17 7:13 PM
Too many puzzles. Too many items to collect to put here and there. Thought the 2 hops I came across were poor in color and interest. Graphics were lacking. Too much time is also spent in one area...seemed like it took forever to get into another scene. It seems that the emphasis is on puzzles which I found to be tedious and overwhelmingly one right after another. It is a bore, I also found the story to be depressing and macabre. This is a no buy for me.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,158 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 9, 17 7:40 PM
Hello friends! And the games just keep on coming. We have another addition to this series, yes I have them all. As always, I mostly review on the game play and leave the story to others to review. Colors are a little faded now and then, but otherwise very clear and nice. Graphics are very well done and quite clear. Game play is excellent, with no problems during the demo. Animation is perfectly done and very smooth, with very realistic movements, e.g. eyes,mouth, etc. Music is somewhat soothing for the most part, but does move with whatever may be happening, or about to happen, in the scene. Voices are age and character appropriate and extremely well done, with emotion, fear, anger, etc. You can click through the dialog if you read faster than they speak. There seems to be a little more character interaction than in some of the others in this series, which really draws me into a game and makes it more realistic. Sound FX are very well done and quite realistic, and are throughout the game. No dead air in this game. Be aware that I did run across one clown, so if you don't care for them, close your eyes. You do get to destroy him. Occasionally, things jump out at you. I didn't find that scary, but some people might.

HOPs are quite varied and an excellent combination of interactive lists, pairs/list/puzzle within a puzzle, place item in scene and find symbols. Areas are very clear and items are not difficult to find. I did not see that there was another game you could switch to if you did not care for the HOPs. Extremely well done. Puzzles were somewhat challenging, but we still had a few that were fairly simple. Nothing new, but a little something for any level of player. Nicely done. Hint system is quite helpful and it does transport to longer locations. This is very helpful, as you do return to the same locations multiple times. The jump map was okay, and it did show you whether or not you found the collectible, but I much prefer the transport feature.

Again,we have to collect flowers. Some scenes have more than one. This time, they are a little more difficult to find, as some as quite light in color, but most are fairly easy to spot. We also have 12 figurines of the characters, and they morph. I found some to be rather small, and they morph fairly quickly, so be on the lookout.

This story is sort of creepy, but wasn't really scary to me. Even at that, I was drawn into it right away and I have the need to see where it is going. The game was quite easy to follow, and you were constantly on the move, so you don't get bored. Took a look at the bonus content and see that it looks as though we have 3 extra areas to visit if we collect enough flowers. This is called the secret room. I really need to see what that is all about. I do not give 5 stars easily, as a game must be exceptional in all areas. I'm on the edge on this one. Something is keeping me from giving it 5 stars, but I don't know what, so I'm going to give it a solid 4.75. I think most all levels of players will find this one fun and entertaining. I really love this series, and this one is no exception. Yes, I am going to add this to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
348 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Nov 14, 17 8:20 AM
Just finished the main portion of this game, and WOW.. One of the BEST games I've played in months. Off to play the bonus.

jerryaa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jerryaa on Nov 19, 17 6:27 AM
Really excellent game. Pity how you can't go back and capture some of the collectables. BUT more importantly, this game seems like a part one to a bigger story and I hope it is.

Go to: