Daxadillion
Salmon
Salmon
2,856 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bad Dream: Coma here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 10, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/10/2017 at 9:26:13 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,093 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bad Dream: Coma here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 10, 17 9:26 AM
Howdy Everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct these types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
570 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Nov 10, 17 9:27 AM
While I was installing this game, Norton Security Suite detected a threat from bad dream coma bigfish.exe SONAR.Hueristic.170. It also said the program was "behaving suspiciously" and was "high risk."

Norton recommends removal of the program. This may be a false positive, but I'd wait to hear from BFG before installing.

Edited on 11/10/2017 at 9:41:41 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,093 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 10, 17 9:41 AM
Hello steve_san,

I'm sorry to hear that this security suite has detected that file as behaving suspiciously. Messages such as this occur when a security or antivirus program falsely identifies our secure games or applications as harmful. We take these situations very seriously and can assure you that your computer has not received any type of virus from Big Fish Games. Our products are guaranteed virus free and are tested rigorously before their release.

Sometimes, these messages appear because a security program will mistakenly identify safe software as containing a virus or other threat to your computer's security. These programs update regularly and in an effort to catch every harmful file, sometimes legitimate files will be flagged as unsafe to better protect those systems. Since you've received this message, please contact our Customer Support Team for further assistance.

To help us address this faster, please type Virus in the subject heading for your request and also provide this game's title, the name of the security suite's company, the message you receive when the security program alerts you to this file, and the file name or names listed as being a possible risk. This information allows us to contact the antivirus company to request a scan to ensure the product is safe. Once that safety is confirmed, that company's next antivirus update will remove the game from unintentionally being detected. For more information regarding messages like this as well as the steps and information we request when addressing this, please see our article regarding virus messages below:

Virus Messages

Thank you for your patience and for letting us know what you've experienced. If there are any further questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

imbrdk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by imbrdk on Nov 10, 17 11:20 PM
I also have problems with this game. I like it a lot, but I'm not going to finish it. I played the part where I get to a room at the hospital and there is a computer in the room, when I clicked it a new screen opened and I could click on 3 icons, trash, games and internet, when I click on trash and games nothing happens, but when I clicked on internet a messagebox opened and it said, this computer is infected. When I tried to close the screen it wasn't possible. When I scanned my computer I had 4 infected files on my computer. This is not good. It seems that it is benevolent but any kind of infection of peoples computers is not ok. The game is great but this really ruins it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,265 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 11, 17 1:17 AM
Imbrdk, the "infected computer" is part of the game. In order to get out of that screen, you have to click on "Game", and then click on the word "Game" that comes up in a small window. That will take you back to the main reception area.

If you really had 4 infected files on your computer, they couldn't have come from this game. They were probably already there, and you only found out when you scanned your computer.

[Post New]by littlegem24 on Nov 11, 17 5:55 AM
I'm having a problem with the water wheel you have to put the crossbeams on it but when I click on the water wheel to bring it onto the screen the screen just goes dark and does not show the waterwheel. You can still click on the crossbeams without seeing what happens and they disappear as if going onto the waterwheel but then the game just freezes. Really annoying as I can not go any further with the game!!! I'm using Windows 10.

bfgBeruna
1,349 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 11, 17 2:27 PM
Hello imbrdk and littlegem24,

I'm really sorry there have been troubles with this game, and I'm swimming over to help as quickly as I can.

Thank you, Valdy, for pointing out that the infected computer is part of the game. I can definitely appreciate how alarming to be if a game froze right after seeing a message about an in-game computer being infected. I can assure you, imbrdk, that your computer has not received any type of virus from Big Fish Games. Our products are guaranteed virus free and we rigorously test each of our games and applications before they’re released to the public.

I can absolutely help you and littlegem24 troubleshoot the game's technical troubles. Happily, the same set of steps should address the issues in both of these games.

First, let's check whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver directs the computer's graphics, and downloading a newer version can resolve many different glitches. After that, please run the game in Administrator Mode. This will increase the game's permissions and ensure it can access any resource it needs. The help pages below will guide you through those processes and offer alternative solutions.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Should those instructions not fix the games, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide a new solution. You're also welcome to PM me or another moderator with additional questions; we'll be glad to be of service.

bfgBeruna

I am in the "Apartment" chapter.

[Post New]by Tigerfire_62 on Nov 12, 17 2:11 PM
I plunged the toilet and no key appeared..is this a glitch?

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bad Dream Coma - Saving the game

[Post New]by rumplestiltchen on Nov 13, 17 12:39 PM
I cannot figure out how to save this game. It sometimes will autosave but if when I exit it does not give me an option to save and I really hate having to start all over. Any help is appreciated.

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Nov 13, 17 12:41 PM
When I try to exit the game my computer freezes and I have to do a reboot of entire system.

bfgArinelle
228 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 13, 17 1:12 PM
Hi Tigerfire_62 and rumplestiltchen,

It sounds like there have been some troubles with an item not appearing, as well as some questions about how to save the game. Let's see if we can get this all sorted out with some troubleshooting.

For the key not appearing, it's possible some other goal needs to be achieved first before it will pop up. A good first step is to check around the most recent few screens to see if there's anything else to interact with that hasn't been yet. Should that not resolve the issue, our next step would be to restart that part of the level to see if it was a glitch that can be fixed by playing through that part of the game again.

If both of those things aren't correcting the situation, the game's files may need greater permissions in order to work as they should. In that situation, running the game as an Administrator is our best bet. Steps for how to do that can be found here:

As for saving, rumplestiltchen, this game has an auto-save feature and doesn't have a way to manually save progress. I certainly understand how being able to save at any time can be helpful; thankfully the auto-save feature should keep progress in most cases. If you find that things don't seem to be saving at natural checkpoints (such as the start of a new chapter), it may help to try some troubleshooting steps to make sure the game has the permissions it needs to create save files. Steps for this can be found in the following link:

Game Not Saving

Should there be any issues that these steps do not resolve, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. You can also send a PM to me or one of the other Moderators with any questions or concerns. We'll be happy to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
228 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 13, 17 1:17 PM
Hi KDinMD43,

The computer freezing could definitely get frustrating. Let's see if some troubleshooting can help smooth things out by preventing the game from freezing up while exiting. This can be caused by a missing video card driver update, so checking for one of those is a good first step. Steps for that can be found here, and the full article also has some handy tips that may help if updating the drivers doesn't resolve the issue:

Video Driver Updates

It may also help to change how the game shows up on your screen. For example, I personally found that the game exited faster when I played in windowed mode instead of full-screen mode. This mode can be toggled on and off at any time from the Options screen.

Should this not get things working better, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They'll have the best tools for assisting from that point. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator with any questions or concerns. We'll do our best to help out.

bfgArinelle

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,265 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bad Dream Coma - Saving the game

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 14, 17 12:25 AM
rumplestiltchen wrote:I cannot figure out how to save this game. It sometimes will autosave but if when I exit it does not give me an option to save and I really hate having to start all over. Any help is appreciated.

I have complaint about the lack of saving points in another thread. You can't save the game. You can either get back in where it was autosaved or you have to start again at the beginning of the chapter you were in. Those are the only options.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,915 Posts

I am in the "Apartment" chapter.

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 14, 17 10:20 AM
Tigerfire_62 wrote:I plunged the toilet and no key appeared..is this a glitch?

Hi, it's not a glitch, you have to go to the basement of the apartment, and there you will find the key, after you click the pipe and water fell down with it!

Go to: