Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Bad Dream: Coma here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 10, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/10/2017 at 9:26:00 AM PST

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Bad Dream: Coma here.

[Post New]by LadyLark on Nov 10, 17 1:36 AM
If you like gore and senseless violence, this is the game for you! Otherwise, steer clear. Not your usual BFG game, that's for sure. I was hoping this would be along the lines of Mateus Skutnik's "Daymare Town" -- dark, eerie, odd, but still charming. I'm a big fan. This is not. I played 2 chapters and had more than enough. Contains spiders, worms, crows, blood, but so far, no clowns. You're stuck in a nightmare and things just keep getting worse.

Gameplay and navigation are ok, but could be better or clearer. Music, ok, not overly distracting. Graphics are graphic and simply sketched. Artist has talent, but to my mind, is a little misguided.

I don't recommend this game based on content.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Nov 10, 17 5:19 AM
OMG! What the heck! I read LadyLark's review but of course had to see for myself. I got to the part where the baby was killed off and that was it for me. My mouth hung open and I exited right away. There is enough violence in the world without making a game out of it.

I keep asking developers to create a FUN game. IS ANYBODY LISTENING OUT THERE????? And I'm not talking furry animals to help us out. Just a fun game. Something with a sense of humour. Like haha funny.

Have a great day everyone.

Edited on 11/10/2017 at 5:20:28 AM PST

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on Nov 10, 17 6:31 AM
I love games like this, and will buy them every time ! Thanks for this one, keep em coming, Please ! The weirder, the better.

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Nov 10, 17 6:34 AM

Edited on 11/11/2017 at 6:51:26 PM PST

jfog
Clownfish
Clownfish
991 Posts

[Post New]by jfog on Nov 10, 17 7:22 AM
OMG, I'm thrilled. [Removed by Moderator] Now I'll buy it with a pcc here. Thanks, BF, for offering something completely different.

Edited on 11/10/2017 at 5:05:34 PM PST

nszat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by nszat on Nov 10, 17 8:17 AM
Wow - finally an adult, weird, creepy game with no fairies, helpers, hidden objects, hints, handholding. Really like this game. And that wasn't a baby, but a doll, as evidenced by the large key in its chest. So glad that BFG is offering something new.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 10, 17 8:26 AM

Some of you have painted a picture of this game all wrong! I don't mean this disrespectfully, but this game is wonderfully crafted. The choices and decisions you make matter, every action has a reaction! I took the time to create 2 profiles, one of which I chose to make ugly choices, the other good and kind choices. There's ALWAYS a better choice option, you just have to discover what it is, just because you CAN use an inventory item, and it seems like that is the only option to proceed, that isn't the case, keep searching for an alternative!

If you choose to make poor choices in the game, the game will follow your lead, and you will have nothing but bad options and a bad ending, For example, IF you choose to punch and kill the birds in the beginning, your adventure will take you down a completely different path, with different tasks and different choices. After killing the birds, if you check the "status" icon you will notice that there are 3 different Endings, Good, Neutral, and Bad. If you killed the birds, or chose to use the crowbar on the crying baby, the Good Ending will be crossed off, and depending upon what other bad choices you made, the Neutral Ending is unobtainable as well!

If you search for alternative methods, the game opens up a whole new world, and you can actually earn Achievements, you'll be rewarded for your kindness, such as a Good Heart Award! This game is designed to be played over and over, and each time it will be different, that's genius! If you choose good and kind options, there isn't that much twisted innuendos.

This is a game about everyone being trapped in a Dream. Eventually you'll discover that everything is an illusion. That it's only when you make bad decisions, that the Dream becomes a Nightmare. Personally, I don't mind the plot's directive, they are sketches, it's not real, it's not meant to be real, and once you realize how the game operates, it's actually a game with a sense of humor, just like the games choice option, it all depends on how you look at it.

Give the game a chance with an open mind. This is a fabulous work of art, a point and click game that make you use your grey matter, no hand holding here, (which is a good thing because depending on your choices, you may not have one lol!)

jfog
Clownfish
Clownfish
991 Posts

[Post New]by jfog on Nov 10, 17 9:07 AM
Well said, pennmom! Please post your review on the game page before this game gets slammed into oblivion and BF never gives us anything different again. Thank you.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 10, 17 9:25 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Bad Dream: Coma here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Bad Dream: Coma.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 10, 17 9:35 AM
@jfog

Just did! I'm glad to hear I'm not alone on this one, so creative. [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 11/10/2017 at 5:55:14 PM PST

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Nov 10, 17 9:50 AM
Thanks pennmom36, I figured it out and found a walkthrough if I get stuck. Loving the game but keep getting frustrated. LOL

jfog
Clownfish
Clownfish
991 Posts

[Post New]by jfog on Nov 10, 17 10:00 AM

Edited on 11/10/2017 at 5:06:40 PM PST

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Nov 10, 17 5:07 PM
This game is like a cross between Lost in the City and City of Fools, so I LOVE IT! It can be confusing and annoying when you get those DUH moments, but at least it a game that makes you use your brain a bit. PERFECT for me. Yes, it would be nice if there were hints, but I got through to most of beginning of chapter 3 without it. Of course, I had to play the first chapter longer than I'd like because of that DUH moment. I was overthinking the entire game! It's actually quite simpler than you expect. I do wish, that like Lost in the City and City of Fools, found items were labeled when you hovered over them. The simple drawings lead you to believe it's one thing, when it's an entirely different thing. Anyway, off to buy!

[Post New]by zatoichi1 on Nov 10, 17 5:32 PM
love it. it is indeed a challenge , I have the kitchen key but still cant get into the kitchen , anyone know how. just fyi all of you haters. its not a baby- its a toy.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 10, 17 6:04 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experiences with this game. We welcome both positive reviews and constructive criticism. Before swimming away, I want to touch base with everyone regarding both the Forum Rules and the Review Guidelines.

Of the Forum Rules, I'd like to specifically talk about the following:

Do not discuss other game sites or game companies, positively or negatively, by name or by nickname.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

We ask that other gaming sites not be discussed, even by nickname, and that mentions of them not be acknowledged. This helps keep the focus of the forums on Big Fish Games and the titles we offer. Thank you all for your help with this.

I'd also like to highlight the following Review Guidelines:

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Bad Dream: Coma.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

We can totally appreciate wanting help with trickier aspects of the game. We also appreciate that other players want to offer advice. However, to keep the focus of this thread on the reviews of people who've played the game, the Moderation Team asks that gameplay help requests (and their responses) but posted to the main forum.

Thank you so much for your time. Please continue discussing the game.

bfgBeruna

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Nov 10, 17 7:56 PM
Love this wild, crazy game! Pretty much ALL brainwork on the players part!

here was NO BABY HARMED in any way in this game. There was an annoying broken windup doll that didn't stop crying. I learned pretty quickly that this game monitors your actions as far as good, mean and really bad. Maybe if you hit the doll, or something, I don't know.

Anyway, this game is FANTASTIC! PLEASE Devs, keep them coming! Thank you BFG!

Abs

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Nov 10, 17 8:07 PM
I was ready to dump this game, but after reading the reviews and understanding more of it, because I got so stuck, I am going to stay with it. But I must say I really enjoyed punching those annoying crows! A free game credit will work as I dont have anything else to use it on.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 11, 17 12:56 AM
I like this game, but am concerned about the fact that I can't save the game. It autosaves, and you can start again from there, but it doesn't autosave often. Otherwise you have to start from the beginning of the chapter you are currently in. I am in the hospital, but wanted to leave the game, and realised that when I get back into the game, I start again from the front of the hospital instead inside where I left of. Don't like this. Otherwise it's just the kind of game I like.

[Post New]by Calopsitta on Nov 11, 17 6:09 AM
@Valdy
i agree that not being able to save when you want to leave is kind of annoying, but, at least for me, this game is more about thinking and trying different strategies than really about doing things. I found that, in the end, if you want to replay a chapter knowing what to do, it will actually take you a couple of minutes. Still annoying but not major!

Go to: