debsaic
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Walkthrough?

[Post New]by debsaic on Nov 11, 17 12:01 PM
Does anyone know if there is a walkthrough for this game?

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

Re:Walkthrough?

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Nov 11, 17 1:31 PM
Hello debsaic
I don't know if there are any written walkthroughs, but I have made playthrough videos of each level on hard mode, showing all secret cache locations. On gold time

you can find them on Youtube, do a search there e.g "Roads of Rome: New Generation 2 + Blue Starfish", and my videos should come up.

[Post New]by suzanne1966 on Dec 2, 17 11:55 PM
Hi BlueStarFish,
Thanks for doing the YouTube videos - I have used them on many occasions to figure out what I could do better to finish a level in gold time. But level 37 has evaded my reach no matter my efforts. I've watched your video on it several times, and noted a few things you seem to be doing that make sense, and have tried to duplicate your methods, but to no avail. If there is any one tip that you can point out, something I'm missing, I'd greatly appreciate knowing the secret!

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Dec 3, 17 3:10 AM
Hello Suzanne

Level 37 was difficult on hard mode, I struggled a long time with it and only made it with a few seconds to spare.

I found that building the Storeman's house early was a good thing, as that gave me extra resources early if I timed it right. Especially the bombs - I only collected the bomb when the bonus was active, as I then didn't need to wait a full cycle to get more after the bomb vendor was built and I had collected once. That got me access to the Storehouse earlier, etc etc. Getting the storehouse up and upgraded was also important, as getting enough gold for all the rocks was time-consuming with the trading. Having the Storehouse at level 3 gave 30 more gold with each trade! And it similarly increased the amount of food and stone.

This level was, I found, very much about tweaking and fine-tuning all your actions, and importantly, keep building the road in between.

Go to: