bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Trial of the Gods: Ariadne's Journey

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 9, 10 2:46 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Trial of the Gods: Ariadne's Journey ? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

REDFIRER
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Trial of the Gods: Ariadne's Journey

[Post New]by REDFIRER on May 9, 10 4:50 AM
I have been waiting on this game sense i played the beta it is better then the ones before i really enjoy the game

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on May 9, 10 5:02 AM
I really only opened it to make sure you could play timed (I will NEVER buy another untimed M3) and that was enough for a buy. The first one was great and looks like this one is too!

[Post New]by leelee23 on May 9, 10 5:18 AM
Does anyone know how many levels there are? I just finished the demo and got to level 25....
I really liked the original and found it to be a lot more challenging than this follow-up.
I'm hoping it gets more difficult as the levels progress...?

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on May 9, 10 5:33 AM
I have played the trial version of both Trial of the God games this morning. I found this version to be very simple compared to the first. There is not enough challenge at the beginning of this one, timed or untimed! The first one Ariadne's Fate I was challenged right away! JMHO...

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on May 9, 10 5:44 AM
I beta'd this game and have been anxiously awaiting its arrival. There are some unique (at least to me) twists on the usual M3 play - releasing playing cards, moving an oilcan to a wagon wheel - that I really enjoyed and the graphics, though not usually a huge part of M3s, are just fabulous. I purchased it immediately (KNEW I should have held off on last night's 5 game Mother's Day Sale purchases LOL).

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 9, 10 6:33 AM
leelee23 wrote:Does anyone know how many levels there are? I just finished the demo and got to level 25..

57 levels.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on May 9, 10 7:08 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
leelee23 wrote:Does anyone know how many levels there are? I just finished the demo and got to level 25..

57 levels.

Um, there are (what looks like) 100 levels in the regular game (just made it to the desert and that has 50 levels like the first half) and I don't know how many in the Ariadne's Loom section.

Looks to be well worth it!

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on May 9, 10 7:50 AM
I do not care for match 3 games at all. If there were less match 3 and more HOG in this, I would probably have played the whole hour and possibly bought it.

30% off or not, this is one game I will not finish the demo or purchase.

Very disappointed again!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 9, 10 8:11 AM
Sorry, ajuma, I counted only the seen levels (I am at level 20)...glad that it's doubled...

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on May 9, 10 8:51 AM
I agree that this game is overly simple at the beginning, but it gets more interesting as different tasks are assigned. I like the fact that the task is changed every few levels, and involves different skills, some of which are best done with the "jewel" upgrades. Since you get those for making long matches, the game encourages smart playing rather than just matching any old 3. The HOG at the end of each group of levels is not hard, but still a nice goodie. I also enjoy rebuilding the temple (you can play several levels, and then do several part of the building at one time). Even though it likely will not turn out to be a major challenge as a game, it is a well done, attractive game with some original twists. I'll call it Lisa-approved with .

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on May 9, 10 10:39 AM
I'm not a Match 3 enthusiast usually - they have to have something a bit more to them than the usual m3 games. this one though, has got me hooked! The gameplay changes very frequently and some of the levels are really difficult (for me anyway). It has elements to the game that I've never come across before.

Unlike someone else's comment, I'm glad there is a timeless option as I'm not as fast as I used to be!

So, if you aren't usually a M3 fan, it might be worth giving this one a go.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on May 9, 10 11:26 AM
I just finished playing Ariadne's Fate and loved it! I'm still working on the looms. But I've already bought Ariadne's Journey because I had such a great time with the first one. Having a choice between timed and untimed is the best. When I first started playing match 3's there were only timed ones and so after a couple of games I put them aside because it was too frustrating and stressful. I'm grateful when game developers give us the choice then everyone is happy.

Happy Mom's Day to all mothers out there.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on May 9, 10 11:58 AM
janspack wrote:I'm not a Match 3 enthusiast usually - they have to have something a bit more to them than the usual m3 games. this one though, has got me hooked! The gameplay changes very frequently and some of the levels are really difficult (for me anyway). It has elements to the game that I've never come across before.

Unlike someone else's comment, I'm glad there is a timeless option as I'm not as fast as I used to be!

So, if you aren't usually a M3 fan, it might be worth giving this one a go.

I'm not much of a Match 3 either but I tried this on in both modes and liked it. Needless to say I bought it at SUPERMOM price.

Thanks for the good reviews or else I probably would not have tried it.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on May 9, 10 12:59 PM
Don't let a quick trial in 20 minutes color your judgment about this one. I did the first 20 minutes and had to leave for church, thinking I wouldn't be getting this game. WRONG!!! I decided to finish out my trial after church and discovered that this is a game that starts out easy but gets more challenging as you play. Suffice it to say, I got this one! There are a variety of challenges, and from time to time a bit of HOG as a diversion. I'm usually a fan of HOGs, and play Match 3 games for relaxation, and this one has engaged me. After you rebuild the first temple, well, lo and behold, there's another one! I'm giving this game

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on May 9, 10 1:51 PM
Tried the first one. Didn't care for it. But this one for some reason I really like.
I got hooked on Match 3's after playing Around the World in 80 Days and FINISHING IT!!
Thanks BF

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on May 9, 10 2:15 PM
Playing timed of course but already on the 17th level I'm getting PLENTY of challenge lol I'm loving it! Much more varied than the first one I think, don't care for the HOG element but otherwise great.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on May 9, 10 4:33 PM
Does this game get really hard very early in the game? I used to play M 3 games but then they got hard before the demo was over so I quit playing them. This one is fun. I just don't want to buy it if it gets hard real fast.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on May 9, 10 4:51 PM
I, too, have been waiting since the Beta to buy this one and it's been a loooong wait. All I did was open the game to make sure it ran, went thru the first M3 and then exited to buy. Super game for all the reasons I like a game - beautifully crafted with super clear graphics, nice music, Relaxed Mode (the first didn't have Relaxed, but a generous timer) long play, a restoration component, everything.

The only thing it doesn't have is the humor of the first one. But that's ok.

Your Comments and Review for Trial of the Gods: Ariadne's Journey

[Post New]by patthecat on May 9, 10 7:34 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Trial of the Gods: Ariadne's Journey ? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

Go to: