Myamae
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Friend requests

[Post New]by Myamae on Nov 12, 17 9:42 PM
I have a question, I have gotten a couple of friend requests in the last couple of days, I have not posted my ID number asking for friends in over a year.....how are people finding my ID to send a request. I couldn’t even find my old post in the find friends thread ? Not that my friend list couldn’t use some refreshing, but it makes me wonder as it seems I recall a post way back on mysterious friends.

Also what are your thoughts on how many friends you like to have? I am at level 80, still loving the game, playing events and waiting on updates.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Friend requests

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Nov 13, 17 6:14 AM
I looked through your past posts and you do not have your game id in any of them.

My guess is that a player who may not have found the forum is just randomly plugging in numbers and/or names and inviting randomly. Happens all the time.

How many friends you want is up to you and your game.

Some prefer a small number to keep returning gifts manageable. These may be players who are not in the game all day to utilized all gifting slots (work, other obligations, etc).

Some manage very well with a large base of friends (100 to 300) and hold onto them for the Seasonal Events, consortiums, etc.

Somewhere between 35 and 100 friends depending on what you're comfortable with I think is a good range.

Tibtt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Tibtt on Nov 13, 17 6:21 AM
silver_hawk wrote:

My guess is that a player who may not have found the forum is just randomly plugging in numbers and/or names and inviting randomly. Happens all the time.

Agree with Silver_hawk, I used that way to make friends at the beggining of my game

Also, it is possible that some of your friends created feeder games, and asked you to friend theirs new games.

Hope that helps!

PS Currently Ive 38 active friends and 10 inactive. That is the number I manage to gift regularly.

ptdreamers
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ptdreamers on Nov 13, 17 8:44 AM
Thanks to everyone who has friended me. I admit that I'm a little overwhelmed. I would love to help everyone and will but the limit of five per day will take a bit of time. I'm over 30and will be declining further requests for now. I really want to help those who have so graciously helped me.

Edited on 11/13/2017 at 8:49:13 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Nov 13, 17 9:01 AM
ptdreamers wrote:Thanks to everyone who has friended me. I admit that I'm a little overwhelmed. I would love to help everyone and will but the limit of five per day will take a bit of time.

You do realize that you can gift 15 per day in three 5 gift sessions... right?

It's the same 8 hour range for everyone three times per day. Look at the daily quest countdown timer.

Gift any 5 friends when the timer is between 24 hr and 16 hr left before the timer runs out.

Gift another 5 friends when the timer is between 16 hr and 8 hr left before the timer runs out.

Gift another 5 friends when the timer is between 8 hr and 0 hr (when timer resets) before the timer resets to start the new day (at Greenwich Mean Time = GMT).

You can gift 15 friends total (5 at a time) but only a particular friend once per day.

Myamae
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Myamae on Nov 14, 17 4:53 PM
Thank you for your thoughts on the mystery requests. I had wondered about friends with feeder games too, haven’t tried that myself as I spend plenty enough time on the one game

I have about 50 friends but a number of them have been inactive for awhile, I like this amount and will probably delete some long time inactive ones to clean up. Trying to keep track of them long enough to make sure they are not just on a break, finally took screens shots for a record. Most of these were added for events, most are around level 80 also and I think most of us are fine with the gifting amount. I usually only can manage once a day, and those that needed more than that from me have moved on. I like helping out the newbies more often and try to be a good return gifter.

Edited on 11/14/2017 at 5:43:49 PM PST

Myhashen
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Myhashen on Nov 14, 17 6:28 PM
I've kept a lot of friends, many that do not gift me and I don't gift them. I had a whole lot of friends that I had only for gifting at Christmas. There is an achievement for gifting friends during the Christmas/winter event. Click on their Christmas tree and they get one of the gift boxes from your inventory. Just in case, I've kept those friends so I can gift the gift boxes if the devs do that again for the Christmas/winter. If they do, I'll also put out a message asking for "event only friends" since it is possible to give each friend you have one gift per day on the tree. If they also have "event only" on their avatar, I'll probably delete them when the event is over. ShaSha

[Post New]by deborah2w2 on Nov 14, 17 6:50 PM
Please add me! My id is 710426. My name is Deborah. Thanks!

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Nov 15, 17 7:22 PM
ptdreamers wrote:Thanks to everyone who has friended me. I admit that I'm a little overwhelmed. I would love to help everyone and will but the limit of five per day will take a bit of time. I'm over 30and will be declining further requests for now. I really want to help those who have so graciously helped me.

You are one of my new friends. Don't feel overwhelmed and just gift what and when you can. There are days I can give out 15 gifts and days I can only manage to get 5 sent. I gift alphabetically which makes it easier for me and you will find a method that works for you. If there is a challenge going on, I change my gift giving to swapping needed items.

Glad I made it under your cut-off point!

shawkn / Sayadina (avatar)

Go to: