missm0
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Dear MODS - Puzzles - Please pass this on to the DEVEOPERS

[Post New]by missm0 on Nov 13, 17 11:30 AM
Dear Mods, please pass this on to the developers. Thank you!

Dear Developers,

Love the puzzles but the programming is horrendous - the absolute chore to get the items you want to win is unbelievable. Really, if you don't want us to win anything why bother to put the puzzles in? Many, many people won't even play them - not only due to rarely winning but also because they are such a pain to play. I don't mind that the odds suck - but WHY do you have to make those items so hard to pick out?

Is it too much to ask that you:

1. KEEP THE ITEM ON THE LIST WHEN WE DON'T WIN IT SO WE DON'T HAVE TO KEEP GOING THROUGH THE ENTIRE HASSLE TO CHOOSE THE ITEM OVER AND OVER AND OVER FOR EACH PUZZLE PLAYED?

2. PUT THE CURSOR IN A BLANK SEARCH FIELD AUTOMATICALLY EVERY TIME YOU ARE IN THE SCREEN WHERE YOU CHOOSE ITEMS

3. AFTER PLAYING A PUZZLE TAKE US TO THE MAIN PUZZLE SCREEN SO WE CAN CHOOSE THE NEXT PUZZLE INSTEAD OF THROWING US OUT OF THE 'SPECIAL FEATURES' TAB COMPLETELY (AGAIN, OVER AND OVER AND OVER)

4. PUT A SCROLL FUNCTION ON THE ITEM LIST SO WE DON'T HAVE TO TYPE IN A NAME (AGAIN, OVER AND OVER AND OVER) - in fact, put scroll functions for the achievements list, the inventory screens and the craft items list - really, it's 2017 - it ain't that difficult!

Why do you make these puzzles so difficult to play???? You KNOW the cursor is going to have to go to the search field and you KNOW that field has to be blank to put in the new item name but you make us put the cursor there and then backspace to get rid of the previous search letters.

If you are rarely going to let us win (which is your prerogative) at least stop making the puzzles so insanely difficult to play!!!!

Sorry but I am SO frustrated!!!!

Thank you

HennyMarie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,200 Posts

Re:Dear MODS - Puzzles - Please pass this on to the DEVEOPERS

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Nov 13, 17 3:12 PM
You do know you only have to type a couple of letters and not the whole name?

Find items that have the same letters.. does not have to be the first.. makes it much easyer

sandy510
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
444 Posts

[Post New]by sandy510 on Nov 13, 17 3:20 PM
I have also found if you don't win at the puzzle I will usually find it in the hidden object scenes the next time I do my rounds which to me is a win I hope you will start seeing it also

Myhashen
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by Myhashen on Nov 14, 17 6:12 AM
Since the sweet little kid became the evil little demon (after that update), I have only won all of the items on my list ONE time. I feel very lucky if I get 3 items, and I am not usually very lucky. I keep my wish list set to get the diamonds first (after the coins, of course) and about half the time, I do get those. As noted, it is a pain to play the puzzles and it usually is not worth the effort so for the last few weeks, I play one or two puzzles a day, and then forget about them. ShaSha

unofrio
Herring
Herring
359 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Nov 14, 17 6:34 AM
Okay, I'm sorry but I must object and, personally, I hope the devs DON'T listen to you,, especially as regards #2 which would be a giant pain that would actually discourage me from playing them.

I love the puzzles and also love the way they are currently set up. I do NOT want my cursor automatically put in the search box as I don't use it. I play only for diamonds -- really, I see no point in playing for anything else as it would be easier to get them from HOS -- and the items I have to pick are three that it's closer and easier just to scroll the couple of screens to select from the pictures.

The change I would like to see is not to have to pick any items at all, to just be able to have nothing but the diamonds on the table. I play for nothing else and never will.

That dear sweet child is a darling boy for sharing so many diamonds with me. I really don't get how people hate and resent him so. It's looking a gift horse in the mouth because if he were not so generous, we would not have the diamonds (or whatever else you win). I think everyone calling him horrible or things like a demon child owe "him" (by which I mean the devs) an apology. They did not have to give us this way of earning free diamonds which they SELL or other items at all and they did.

I think the words you were searching for are thank you.

D-NY

Pazlovejoy
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by Pazlovejoy on Nov 14, 17 8:39 AM
I agree with every point, Missm0. The puzzles are so "work-y" that I can't make myself play them. It was worth it back when the odds of winning were so great, but now it's too much work for too little payoff. If the user interface was improved, they might be fun again.

mumma_1
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Nov 14, 17 10:43 AM
I think everyone has got a little frustrated with the puzzles at one point or another (myself included) - However, if it wasn't for the Devs adding these in the game I wouldn't have my lovely stash of diamonds and the items won including eggs when I am fortunate enough......

They are completely optional, and I find it a fun way to add up coin and diamonds in between character quests or just to give myself a little break from HOS rounds....

bfgBeruna
1,350 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 14, 17 11:32 AM
Hello missm0,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some constructive criticism of the Puzzles feature in Midnight Castle. The developers strive to deliver as enjoyable a gaming experience as possible, and sometimes this means knowing where they could improve. The Moderation Team isn't involved with making changes to features in the game, but we'll absolutely pass this message along to the appropriate people.

I also want to thank all of the players who swam by to offer their feedback about the Puzzles feature. This forum is meant to give people a place to discuss Midnight Castle, and the Moderation Team really enjoys seeing dialogues evolve around different game-related topics.

Should there by any remaining questions or concerns, you're all more than welcome to PM me or another moderator. We'll gladly provide whatever help we can.

bfgBeruna

Myhashen
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by Myhashen on Nov 14, 17 11:52 AM
P.S. I bought most of my diamonds back when they were on sale. I like getting the diamonds because then I feel free to use them to buy gifts for friends that are not in my inventory. And, you are right, Ono, that we don't have to play, and since it isn't fun any more, I don't play the puzzles much. ShaSha

fedakski
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by fedakski on Nov 14, 17 1:59 PM
I totally agree with Point #1 and I suggested it right after the puzzles made their first appearance...since I rarely win anything, it's likely I'll be asking for the same swag in the next puzzle. I don't bother playing anymore because I can't stand seeing the hand come up empty the majority of the time. Odds are definitely not in the player's favour.

Susanna502
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Nov 14, 17 2:12 PM
I agree with Unofrio. Puzzles aren't my favorite, but there are lots of other things to do. And this weekend when I really needed some diamonds I knew right where to go. Got them and some other stuff, too, including an egg.

tennco
Clownfish
Clownfish
882 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Nov 14, 17 2:54 PM
I look at the puzzles like shopping. If you need an item at least you can go and try to win it. I think this game right now offers a lot of choices as to what you want to participate in. For every player that likes something , there will be another player that doesn’t like it. I do not think we will ever get to a point where everyone will be satisfied. We just need to remember it’s just a game.

[Post New]by ZenMonkey on Nov 14, 17 4:25 PM
I'm pretty amazed to hear the puzzles referred to as "insanely difficult." OP also yells a lot in their post. Perhaps stepping back from the game or taking some deep breaths would be called for here as the level of frustration seems quite out of proportion to a highly simple and more importantly optional part of the game.

Also, everything tennco above me said.

Myamae
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Myamae on Nov 14, 17 5:07 PM
I like that the puzzles have introduced another way to build up diamonds since I think I accidentally feed mine to a timed out pet, really try not to keep a timed out pet up because of that. Anyway the puzzles are a nice extra to go to once in awhile. I have won all items a few times, like getting the occasional egg and was happy to pass one on to a newbie friend.

Debchet
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
432 Posts

[Post New]by Debchet on Nov 14, 17 5:49 PM
Totally agree with unofrio....I don’t have a problem with the puzzles
just the way they are!

Thanks devs for giving us a great way of getting goodies!!!!

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Nov 14, 17 6:17 PM
When I first started playing this game, almost a year ago, I would have played the puzzles as much as possible everyday if only for the coins and diamonds. I bought more diamond packs than I care to admit early on. I really am not a fan of them now, but appreciate the Devs giving the players a way to work towards winning items. By playing the puzzles to build up diamonds, I was able to take advantage of buying several ghost traps to help throughout this current event. It still really amazes me that this game is FREE and the Mods & Devs are very responsive to the players input.

MaryLiLamb
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLiLamb on Nov 14, 17 7:39 PM
missm0, so glad you posted this. I have wanted to ask for the same things myself. The only thing I would add that I would like to be able to play the puzzles without filling all five slots. Nowadays, I only want to play for diamonds but I have to fill all the slots.

Knim
Herring
Herring
310 Posts

[Post New]by Knim on Nov 14, 17 8:30 PM
Different people like different aspects of the game. DEV's have giving great thought to having something for everyone. If you don't like the puzzles don't play them. Problem solved.
Also note the Writing in all CAPITAL letters is the same as shouting.
This is a game relax and enjoy the parts you like.
TOAD

GulfCoastGuppy
Catfish
Catfish
1,678 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Nov 15, 17 4:52 AM
I totally agree with missm0 . "insanely difficult" is referring to the PROCESS of setting up the items, NOT the actual puzzles or playing against the little boy. In the time it takes to pick my objects, put the puzzle together, then pick the hands I usually forget one of my 3 items for the next puzzle. What if we had to choose and type in items for the Wheel before we could spin?

BTW, my use of CAPS here is not yelling. It is for emphasis, just as missm0 used them to separate her points of suggestion from her regular dialogue. Same as bold type or italics. IMO, only !!!! is yelling

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,221 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Nov 15, 17 5:23 AM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote: [...]IMO, only !!!! is yelling

Oops, then I am yelling all the time! Sorry! Take away the "!" and the "..." and I am completely lost!! Different cultures, different languages, different habits I suppose! (Tsktsk! Stop counting how many I just used in that message! )

Go to: