Daxadillion
Salmon
Salmon
2,864 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 5: The Fateful Tournament Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 14, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/14/2017 at 8:31:58 AM PST

bfgArinelle
264 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 5: The Fateful Tournament Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 14, 17 8:31 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 5: The Fateful Tournament Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by lkuczynski on Nov 14, 17 9:13 AM
I was able to play first 3 editions of this game but both this one and the fourth one play extremely erratic.

bfgArinelle
264 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 5: The Fateful Tournament Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 14, 17 9:39 AM
Hi lkuczynski,

Sorry to hear there's been some trouble with how the most recent 2 Elven Legend games have performed on your system. Let's see if a bit of troubleshooting can smooth things out. When the graphics of a game appear oddly or the animations aren't smooth, there could be some issues with how the game's files are interacting with the video card drivers on the computer. In those situations, checking for updates for those drivers can improve performance. It may also help to run the game in Administrator mode, since this helps make sure the files for the game have all the permissions they need to work as intended. Steps for both of these subjects can be found here:

Video Driver Updates

If those steps don't improve things, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They're best equipped to assist when basic troubleshooting doesn't resolve an issue. You're also welcome to PM me or one of our other Moderators whenever you'd like. We'll be happy to answer any questions we can.

bfgArinelle

123deb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by 123deb on Nov 14, 17 10:37 AM
I can't even get by the third screen. As soon as the clay is collected, you should be able to create the mask, but the create button is not working. All the appears are some twinkling stars. My video drivers are up to date

Edited on 11/14/2017 at 11:18:08 AM PST

[Post New]by Teblugin on Nov 14, 17 4:40 PM
I have no problem with the installation and first 10 levels.
Level 11 requires to pay a troll after building the bridge, but the troll is not there and is not possible to go further this level.

[Post New]by mtpulaski on Nov 14, 17 5:41 PM
Level 11 is not working - the troll never appears so I can go no further than this level. Doesn't someone play these games before you publish them?

Stormy9
Minnow
Minnow
204 Posts

[Post New]by Stormy9 on Nov 14, 17 8:29 PM
I'm on a laptop, Windows 10. The troll isn't there when I finish the bridge on level 11.

bfgArinelle
264 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 5: The Fateful Tournament Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 15, 17 12:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue that you're running into with level 11 in the game. This information has been passed along, and our Forum Moderation Team will keep our players updated with any new information if/when it comes in.

In the meantime, we have a workaround to try to see if it helps. Please access the "Options" menu and turn ON the "Show Intro" option. This can be done from either the Main Menu when first opening the game or from the menu that pops up when pausing the game. Then start level 11 or replay it. This should get things moving forward again.

Thanks to everyone for their patience! Please feel free to PM me or one of the other Moderators if there are additional questions or concerns. We'll be happy to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 11/15/2017 at 12:41:37 PM PST

KScarpetta
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 5: The Fateful Tournament Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by KScarpetta on Nov 15, 17 12:57 PM
Level 59 has no gate to open and so you cannot finish the level. It needs a patch.

Ndwelt
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Ndwelt on Nov 15, 17 3:21 PM
Please fix level 59 or I feel it's a waste to go this far and no WIN! Got to have a GATE!

bfgArinelle
264 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 15, 17 3:22 PM
Hello KScarpetta and Ndwelt,

Thank you for letting us know about this happening. I've passed along the report, and we appreciate that you've taken the time to let us know about this situation. We don't have any new information to provide about this particular subject at this time, but we can try some troubleshooting to see if it helps out. When parts of a game aren't appearing correctly, the game may need elevated permissions to work correctly. To address this, please follow the steps in this article:

If that doesn't do the trick, please send a message to our Technical Support Team, as they can both provide additional help and gather information that helps us track reported issues. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator with any questions. We'll be happy to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 11/15/2017 at 3:22:18 PM PST

Ndwelt
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Ndwelt on Nov 15, 17 3:25 PM
Would rather the game work correctly as I am not PC literate and expect game to work after paying $13.99. Thank you for addressing this matter.

drustorm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by drustorm on Nov 15, 17 3:27 PM
123deb wrote:I can't even get by the third screen. As soon as the clay is collected, you should be able to create the mask, but the create button is not working. All the appears are some twinkling stars. My video drivers are up to date

I had this same problem. It happens when playing in full screen, which of course is the only way to play the game.

My screen's native resolution is 2560x1080. At full screen both sides of the game play area are cut off, including the "make the mask" at level 3 as well as the elven boosts.

Since the game only has two settings, full screen and tiny window, the only way to play the game is to mess with your screen resolution until you can see the entire gaming area. Something, by the way, I don't recommend and don't intend to do.

Bottom line, people with larger screens simply can't see the entire game without changing their screen resolutions.

Margie413
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Margie413 on Nov 15, 17 5:41 PM
I was able to download game successfully. My problem is that I am getting sound but not any screen. Have tried playing 3 times with no results. I also uninstalled and reinstalled my game but problem still exists. I am running Windows 10.

ilightle2
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ilightle2 on Nov 16, 17 10:39 AM
CE Bonus Level 9 (59) has a gate that needs to be unlocked (per the strategy guide) but it is located nearer the fires than the gate. The mystery key remains unused and the evil wizard gets bottled and the game hangs there.

It is not possible to complete the level or to go to the next and final bonus level.

Otherwise no issues except the bonus levels were the point of purchasing a CE.

PC Win 7

bfgArinelle
264 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 16, 17 12:03 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for letting us know about the troubles experienced during level 59. Our Forum Moderation Team will make an announcement when or if we get more information about this subject, and we appreciate your patience. For now, our best recommendations are to try running the game as an Administrator and/or adjusting the screen resolution to see if these steps help resolve the issue.

On the subject of adjusting the screen resolution, thank you, drustorm, for providing that workaround tip. We appreciate that you've taken the time to look into this. Hopefully those steps will help out other players who may be running into a similar issue.

Should there be issues after trying the recommended troubleshooting, we strong encourage our players to send a message to our Technical Support Team. They can provide additional assistance, as well as help us collect information helpful for reporting possible issues. Please feel free to send a PM to me or another Moderator if there are any questions. We'll do everything we can to help.

bfgArinelle

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 5: The Fateful Tournament Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by sonofstar on Nov 16, 17 4:17 PM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hello KScarpetta and Ndwelt,

Thank you for letting us know about this happening. I've passed along the report, and we appreciate that you've taken the time to let us know about this situation. We don't have any new information to provide about this particular subject at this time, but we can try some troubleshooting to see if it helps out. When parts of a game aren't appearing correctly, the game may need elevated permissions to work correctly. To address this, please follow the steps in this article:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168">Run Game as Administrator</a>

If that doesn't do the trick, please send a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a>, as they can both provide additional help and gather information that helps us track reported issues. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator with any questions. We'll be happy to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

I'm also having the same issue with no gate on the bonus level 9 (59). I'm running Windows 10Pro on a PC. And I'm getting FED UP with being told to run the game in
Administrator mode. What's with that? Before Windows 10 came along I NEVER had to run any games in Admin Mode. This is a game. It's supposed to be fun. It's not supposed to be something that requires major hoops to jump through in order to play it.

Anya419
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Anya419 on Nov 16, 17 4:27 PM
I'm having the "Gate in level 59 issue."

I do want to pass along that I did have trouble with both the game loading and early levels getting "stuck." I was able to resolve it by "ctr. alt. del." 'ing, then clicking back on the game in the task bar, after closing the task manager. The level then appeared. Hope that makes sense and helps.

Giji
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Giji on Nov 16, 17 5:09 PM
This game appears in my task bar as "open"ed. The music plays. But there is no game, nothing on my screen. I tried to download this game 2 days ago and it crashed my computer. Your instructions on how to check things are not functional for my computer. Your continued excuse that it is the fault of our computers rather the problem with your games is ludicrous--you don't tell your customers how stupid we are. This is the 3rd game I've had issue with. And apparently many others are having issues as well. Most of us playing these games have NO IDEA WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Go to: