Daxadillion
Salmon
Salmon
2,870 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for HexáMon here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 14, 17 12:41 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/14/2017 at 9:16:17 AM PST

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for HexáMon here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 14, 17 8:40 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Edited on 11/14/2017 at 9:18:05 AM PST

[Post New]by Mirinah27 on Nov 14, 17 10:00 AM
I got the game "Hexamon" today and it will not start.
After it installed it updated my DirectX and the game will not start.
It only gives me the following error message:
"HexaMon can't start.
Please install the latest DirectX from Microsoft webpage and try again.
Sorry for the inconvenience."
I already have the latest version of DirectX 11 for Windows 7 Home 64.

What should I do?

cjmajor49
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by cjmajor49 on Nov 14, 17 10:02 AM
Installed and reinstalled the game and get the same message that I need to install DirectX to play it. I already have DirectX 11 installed and my video card driver is updated. I use Vista. What gives?

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 14, 17 10:30 AM
Hi Mirinah27 and cjmajor49,

Sorry to hear there's been trouble getting the game to start up. A DirectX error message like that can come up if the installer for the game isn't able to complete its check for DirectX, even if the most up-to-date version of DirectX is already on the computer. In most cases, this can be corrected by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. During the reinstall, please make sure to accept the prompt for DirectX even if that's already installed on your computer. More information about this can be found at the following links:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game
Error 126

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance. You're also welcome to PM me or one of the other Moderators with questions or concerns. We'll be happy to help out however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Mirinah27 on Nov 14, 17 1:38 PM
Here is the solution for the DirectX error on Windows 7.

First be sure you have Service Pack 1 installed.
Then download and install the Platform Update:
"Windows 6.1-KB2670838" from the Microsoft website

[Removed by Moderator]

Note: You must have "Windows Update" enabled for this to work.

Edited on 11/14/2017 at 2:56:45 PM PST

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 14, 17 3:06 PM
Hey Everyone,

Thanks, Mirinah27, for providing more information about the solution that worked for you! Hopefully it'll help others get their game up and running. We really appreciate the time and effort you spent working on finding a fix for the error that was coming up.

As a quick reminder, please keep the Forum Rules in mind when posting; in this case, this particular rule would apply:

HTML, links, and images are not allowed in the forums.

If there are any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me or another Moderator by PM. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Gwynbleidd on Nov 15, 17 7:14 AM
The game works fine... but it doesn't save any progress!
If I exit the game all progress is lost and I have to start from level 1 again.

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 15, 17 10:15 AM
Hi Gwynbleidd,

Not having progress save could definitely be frustrating! This is generally due to the game or the Big Fish Games app not having the permissions they need in order to create save files. To address this, let's try the troubleshooting steps found at the following link:

Game Not Saving

If that doesn't get things working better, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator with any questions or concerns. We'll do our very best to help in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Gwynbleidd on Nov 16, 17 5:56 AM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hi Gwynbleidd,
Not having progress save could definitely be frustrating! This is generally due to the game or the Big Fish Games app not having the permissions they need in order to create save files. To address this, let's try the troubleshooting steps found at the following link:
<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230297128">Game Not Saving</a>
If that doesn't get things working better, please send a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a> for further assistance. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator with any questions or concerns. We'll do our very best to help in any way we can.
bfgArinelle

Thanks! Unfortunately it didn't work (but I thought it wouldn't, no other BF game is giving me problems). Still, I discovered it doesn't save the scores, unlocked levels stay unlocked... I can live with that. :-)

HU11294
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by HU11294 on Nov 16, 17 7:17 PM
I have the same problem. Twice I worked my way up more than a dozen levels and then lost all my progress. I really, really like the game; it provides a serious challenge, which I like in a game, but I can't take the frustration and will probably have to just give up and move on.

[Post New]by Gwynbleidd on Nov 20, 17 6:10 AM
After the weekend I launched the game... again no scores but this time no progress either, I'm back to level 0.

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 20, 17 11:25 AM
Hi HU11294 and Gwynbleidd,

I'm so sorry to hear that the steps from that article didn't help with keeping progress saved in the game. When troubleshooting fails, we recommend sending a message to our Technical Support Team, so please go ahead and do that if you haven't already. They can provide assistance with tools our Forum Moderation Team doesn't have access to, and they also help collect information so we can better report issues our players have experienced.

If there are any questions or concerns about this, our Moderators are available by PM at anytime. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: