Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Queen's Garden Sakura Season here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 15, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/15/2017 at 7:30:05 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Queen's Garden Sakura Season here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 15, 17 7:29 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Queen's Garden Sakura Season here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Queen's Garden Sakura Season.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 11/15/2017 at 11:29:50 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 15, 17 9:06 AM

My first impression when I saw today's release was, "oh wow, this looks boring." It always amazes me when I see some of the icon pictures for these games, who chooses the picture, BF or the developers? Some of the pictures make the game look horrible! Wouldn't you want to create a picture that makes the game look really cool? If you only get one chance to make an impression, make sure that the one picture you show, makes an impression, not just an "oh wow, that looks boring" kinda picture!

Because pictures don't always paint a true picture here at BF, I downloaded the game with an open mind. The first thing I check out with any game, are the option's available, and then the "how to play" section if available. I will say, after seeing some of the very creative features available, I was starting to change my mind from "oh wow, this looks boring" to "oh wow, that's different" But, unfortunately, after playing several levels of the Match 3 game, my mind wandered back into the "oh wow, this is kinda boring" zone. It's neither good nor bad, it just is another Match 3 game with a take it or leave it kinda vibe. The tiles are very large, and have unappealing, bland colored icons such as origami, sandals, sushi and coffee cups.

You can play in a Relaxed untimed mode, a normal Timed mode, or a very easy breezy Piece of Cake mode which disables the Weed feature as well as the timer. You can decorate the Queen's Garden with the coins and jewels you earn playing the Match 3 games and Mini Games. As you progress, new garden plants and decorations become available, and you can decorate the garden paths as well as relocate the items you purchase. This feature was by far way more exciting than the Match 3 game itself! The level goals are shown at the top left of the screen, which shows the specified number of matches required for each tile, the levels are re-playable, and the Mini Games can be skipped, however, you will earn bonus coins and jewels for completing simple tasks such as finding 12 butterflies.

Some of the features this game has (I've listed them in my full review on main page) in my opinion are very unique and interesting, but most of them aren't available until after the demo. Perhaps this game becomes more interesting once these features are available, but I'm not really sure it's worth buying just to find out it's still a boring game!

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Nov 15, 17 2:40 PM
I've played several levels of the demo, and while some of the pictures are somewhat simple, they're also not too childish. I find this game relaxing, and I enjoy the more creative games that let me design a garden or house and put things where I want.

[Post New]by 50plusgamer on Nov 17, 17 12:23 PM
Its a nice game and interesting but when I'm trying to place some items the menu pop up at the bottom gets in the way, also I can't make the garden small enough to see all of it. Just in the demo mode and not very far through so not sure if things will change later. I do enjoy a match 3 where I get to make something.

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Nov 19, 17 3:01 AM
Valkara wrote:I've played several levels of the demo, and while some of the pictures are somewhat simple, they're also not too childish. I find this game relaxing, and I enjoy the more creative games that let me design a garden or house and put things where I want.

I quite agree with you, Valkara. The best part is to create gardens - I have many of them and also made videos to YouTube of my favourite gardens, which I whatch from time to time.

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Dec 4, 17 2:10 PM
Early in the demo you will learn one of the helps in the game is a wasp, created by matching certain tiles. When you use it, a swarm of wasps come in and wipe out tiles. The buzzing insect sound really bothered me, and by the next appearance of the wasp, I deleted the game. So if there are others like me who don't like the buzzing of a wasp (and the sounds gets louder), steer clear. It's too bad because I liked the game otherwise.

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Dec 31, 17 11:34 AM
I have all the other Queen's Garden games and immediately bought this one ...

There are some significant differences in this one compared to the rest of the Queen's Garden games ... First off, you start without any plants or man-made pieces ... As you gain "experience" while you're progressing thru the levels (120 total), you'll also be accumulating each of the plants and man-made pieces for your garden(s) ... They're wasps now instead of birds to help clear the playing field (btw: if the buzzing noise bothers any of you, why not turn the sound off instead of deleting the game) ...

The one disappointing thing (for me anyway) is the scoring which is not in line with the other Queen's Garden games ... other than that, it's a very addictive M3 game for your collection!

modoa
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by modoa on Jan 5, 18 12:27 PM
Not a bad game - interesting things happen!

One negative comment: PLEASE make the people who set this game up aware of the existence of POSSESSIVE PRONOUNS - it should be ITS [NO apostrophe] not it's [which means IT IS]. This happens a lot and is irritating.

modoug

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Jan 9, 18 12:35 PM
modoa wrote:Not a bad game - interesting things happen!

One negative comment: PLEASE make the people who set this game up aware of the existence of POSSESSIVE PRONOUNS - it should be ITS [NO apostrophe] not it's [which means IT IS]. This happens a lot and is irritating.

modoug

FYI: English may not be the developers first language and for those who have learned it, do their best with our language but they don't totally grasp all the basic differences that our language has compared to theirs...Not everything about the English language translates very well in foreign languages...

Go to: