ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

Some hints for enjoying Ariadne's Journey (no spoilers)

[Post New]by ecblisa on May 9, 10 11:21 AM
Here are my hints for enjoying this game (the adventure mode, untimed):

1. Unlike most Match-3's, this one requires you to change your strategy with every group of levels (7 levels each, I think) . Make sure you read the instructions (I often don't, but here it's helpful), and learn quickly how the group works. For example, in some groups, the desired object moves in the direction of any token you move to make a match (that one's the hardest for me), in others, you have to make an object drop, but not straight down, so you have to figure out how to move it horizontally with a match.

2. Learn how to use the "jewel" upgrades and how to get them (large matches). For some tasks, using jewels works better than anything else. (Special hint: a jewel is the only thing you can exchange with any token.)

3. Learn what the power-ups shown on the left of the screen do (you can mouse over the icon, and you will get an explanation). For some levels, certain power-ups are extremely helpful. But be careful, they can hurt you, too! One example: You can "paint" a lock to match a key, but if you match 3 locks by accident, they will disappear.

Happy gaming!

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

Re:Some hints for enjoying Ariadne's Journey (no spoilers)

[Post New]by luvtoread on May 9, 10 5:47 PM
I opted for the timed mode Figured I'd challenge myself.
You would think I would know better...

LilyCathy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCathy on May 21, 10 2:12 AM
thanks

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on May 24, 10 6:55 PM
OMG, thanks for posting this, I feel like an idiot! I was not using the power ups!
I should know better, and pay attention. I was so obsessed with time I lost the keys.

[Post New]by nannyreid on May 25, 10 10:23 AM
how do you put in untimed mode...game was fun until the goats....i get to the last one and time runs out....help

[Post New]by alcanada on Jun 13, 10 7:25 AM
I can't get past the darn goats in level 29...how do I get out of timed mode????

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Mar 16, 11 6:05 PM
alcanada wrote:I can't get past the darn goats in level 29...how do I get out of timed mode????

I just finished playing this game and I started and finished it under the "Adventure" mode and it's not timed under this heading.

I think, though, if you want to change the modality of play, you'll have to start all over again with Level 1.

MEnr56

Go to: