Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 16, 17 12:40 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/16/2017 at 8:29:58 AM PST

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Editio

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Nov 16, 17 1:01 AM
Playing on MacBook Air OS X Yosemite and the cursor disappeared. Had great difficulty exiting the game. I too had to turn off my computer to exit the game.

Edited on 11/16/2017 at 1:19:30 AM PST

rjohn82677
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Editio

[Post New]by rjohn82677 on Nov 16, 17 1:05 AM
I HAD THE SAME ISSUE: CURSOR DISAPPEARED!

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? Had to to turn off my computer to exit the game.

Edited on 11/16/2017 at 1:08:15 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition

[Post New]by will804 on Nov 16, 17 1:08 AM
Have tried to install game. Keeps coming up with access violation message. Have tried all recommended fixes in help section but it still doesn't work. I am using Windows 10

rjohn82677
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by rjohn82677 on Nov 16, 17 1:10 AM
I am using "High Sierra" on my MAC.

hagglebag
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition

[Post New]by hagglebag on Nov 16, 17 3:16 AM
The first time I tried to download I had an error code. In the subsequent 2 tries, downloaded fine, but each time said my free trial was over. Using windows 10.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 16, 17 4:05 AM
Well I sound like a broken record, but if I don't keep complaining about this issue it'll never get resolved. Once AGAIN, I cannot play this game on full screen. I have to either play in windowed mode (which defeats the purpose of having a 27" inch screen) or I have to waste my time adjusting the screens resolution. I don't want to adjust my screens resolution, Amax is the only dev that my computer has issues with!

macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (27" imac)

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Nov 16, 17 6:50 AM
will804 wrote:Have tried to install game. Keeps coming up with access violation message. Have tried all recommended fixes in help section but it still doesn't work. I am using Windows 10

I have tried once again to install this game but none of the Redemption Cemetery games will play. I always get the violation message. No problem with other games, just the Redemption ones. Frustrating.

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on Nov 16, 17 6:58 AM
My cursor disappeared as well. Playing on Mac High Sierra.

Anged
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by Anged on Nov 16, 17 7:44 AM
On Mac and my cursor disappeared as well.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 16, 17 8:13 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 16, 17 8:44 AM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like a few problems have been encountered with the game so far. Let's start with the download/activation issues. When an access violation error comes up when first installing a game, this is usually due to the Big Fish Games app not having the permissions it needs to handle the activation process. The most likely culprit for this are the security settings for the computer. What we can try here is adjusting some of those settings by following the steps from this article:

Adjust DEP settings

For the free trial that's showing up as expired without playing the game, this could also be related to activation issues in the background. Normally uninstalling and reinstalling the game will correct the issue, so I'd recommend trying the steps from the above article and then reinstalling using the steps here:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

If these issues are not resolved with this troubleshooting, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance. They'll have the tools to best assist from that point. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator at any time. We'll do our best to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by clpayne on Nov 16, 17 8:52 AM
When I went to download, got this message: "This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep redemption-cemetery...exe anyway?" First time I have seen this. I discarded the file.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 16, 17 8:53 AM
Hey Everyone,

It sounds like the cursor is vanishing for some or our players with the Mac version of the game. It's possible the custom cursor isn't getting along well with the system and is having trouble displaying. If at all possible, it may help to access the Options menu right after the opening scene ends and unchecking the Custom Icon box. We also recommend trying out the steps from our Mac Game Troubleshooting article, since they can be helpful for various display issues in Mac games.

Should these steps not resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so they can offer additional assistance and help us effectively gather information about the issue. You can also PM me or another Moderator at any time. We'll be happy to provide any help we can.

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 16, 17 9:01 AM
Hi clpayne,

It sounds like something on the computer falsely flagged the game's installation file as harmful. I certainly understand how that could be concerning, and I apologize that you experienced this! I want to reassure that your computer has not received any type of virus from Big Fish Games. Our products are guaranteed virus free and we rigorously test each of our games and applications before they’re released to the public.

The false message can appear because antivirus programs will sometimes mistakenly identify safe software as "harmful," thinking they contain a Trojan or virus. Antivirus programs update their virus definition files on a daily basis and can sometimes be too strict. In an effort to catch all harmful files, occasionally legitimate files will also be flagged as unsafe.

For more information about this sort of occurrence, please take a look at the the following help article:

Virus Messages

Please send a message bout this to our Technical Support Team so they can help correct the situation. When contacting them, it would be really helpful to include some details that will help them research and resolve the trouble. Here's what would be really useful for them to know:

Which antivirus company do you use?
Which game is causing the issue?
What did the alert message you received say?
Which Big Fish Games file was detected as being harmful? (Note: the name of the file might end with .exe.)

We apologize for any concern this message has caused, and our Technical Support Team will be happy to work directly with the antivirus company to correct the situation. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

bfgArinelle

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Nov 16, 17 1:29 PM
Got the old access violation message on Win10 32bit but installed OK on another laptop with Win10 64bit. One laptop has bog standard Win10 graphics card the other AMD. This has happened before with some games I suspect it's a graphics problem with some games made for higher specs than others. Maybe Santa will bring a new laptop for XMAS!

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Nov 16, 17 8:37 PM
I mostly use my 23" all-in-one PC - win. 8.1, 32 bit or sometimes my 17" PC laptop with win. 8.1 - no issues at all on either computer when playing BFG games.

Hope everyone with problems gets them resolved.

boekstart
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by boekstart on Nov 17, 17 7:00 AM
will804 wrote:Have tried to install game. Keeps coming up with access violation message. Have tried all recommended fixes in help section but it still doesn't work. I am using Windows 10

the same here

drbabs
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Editi

[Post New]by drbabs on Nov 17, 17 10:39 AM
Scottie12 wrote:Playing on MacBook Air OS X Yosemite and the cursor disappeared. Had great difficulty exiting the game. I too had to turn off my computer to exit the game.

Same issue with disappearing cursor on Macbook with Sierra 10.13 OS. I could see the cursor at the top of the screen and was able to move the cursor down over the main menu and the exit choice. Very annoying however. Hope this gets addressed

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 17, 17 11:25 AM
Hello boekstart and drbabs,

I'm really sorry this game isn't working properly, and I'm here to help fix that.

boekstart: Access violations can occur for a number of reasons, including interference with another software program or a video card driver in need of updating. I'd recommend checking to see whether a new update for the computer's video card driver is available. Running the game in Administrator Mode might also fix the access violation. The help pages below will walk you through those processes.

Update Video Card Driver (Computer)
Run Game as Administrator

drbabs: When a cursor disappears or isn't performing properly, I recommend reinstalling Adobe Flash and Shockwave. These are the programs that help display the computer's graphics. The help page below contains instructions for reinstalling both programs.

Reinstall Adobe Flash & Shockwave (Computer)

Should those suggestions not fix your games, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide a new solution. My fellow moderators and I will also happily answer any remaining questions you have, so please don't hesitate to send one of us a PM if the need arises.

bfgBeruna

Go to: