Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 16, 17 12:43 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/16/2017 at 8:15:00 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by nanafraser on Nov 16, 17 4:15 AM
Everything about the game is great! Color, animation, technical aspect.
One thing I just cant handle & this its the direction games are going in! Death, monsters, ghosts! Isn't there enough death in the world & strange things happening.
I'm sorry if this offends people but this is just my opinion. Ive seen other fish say same. BF can only release what Devs give out! But Devs please just throw in a little lighter game once in a while!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 16, 17 5:50 AM
@nanafraser
I understand your frustration about the constant flow of "dark" and dreary games. I personally prefer this genre, but I'm not opposed to fairy tale games either. The bottom line is money, it's a business like any other business, and the horror genre is preferred by more gamers, thus more sales. On average there are over 150 million people who play games, more men play games then women, which used to be the other way around. 60% of men purchase games vs 40 % of women who purchase games. 35 is the average age of women who play games, which increases every year, probably meaning that women simply continue to play year after year. Perhaps the fact that more men actually play and buy games, is why the horror genre is more popular, just speculation.

One Foot in the Grave in my opinion is a dark game, but not very scary. I know that Amax is trying very hard to get both "feet" on the ground here, but I think they are trying a little too hard. The features in this edition are just bazaar.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Nov 16, 17 6:55 AM
I'm with Nanafraser, I haven't bought a game since the first of November. I am so tired of the dark, dreary, death and daemons that I'm just not buying games. This one is no different. Makes my VISA account look really good. I'll just go back to playing my older favorites that have a lighter tone.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 16, 17 8:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 16, 17 9:36 AM
I have to agree that the darker games are taking over the genre in general, but my main complaint with this game is having to click on continue during conversations.. Most games allow you to click on the character to continue rather that continually have to move the curser to the dialog panel. It's a little thing I know, but as my parrot would say "It's a pain in the pin feathers"

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by divaprods on Nov 16, 17 10:22 AM
nanafraser wrote:Everything about the game is great! Color, animation, technical aspect.
One thing I just cant handle & this its the direction games are going in! Death, monsters, ghosts! Isn't there enough death in the world & strange things happening.
I'm sorry if this offends people but this is just my opinion. Ive seen other fish say same. BF can only release what Devs give out! But Devs please just throw in a little lighter game once in a while!
Completely agree. I'll bet that most of BFG customers are not teenage boys. I'm not, and I'm tired of the dark games and won't be buying any.

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Nov 16, 17 10:58 AM
Just done a bit of the demo, gone on to buy it! This is right up my street and I'm a female in my 50's...Always liked the darker ones, although my life is very normal and straight-forward.....kids, partner, cat ( at last she gets a mention )
About to be a grandma any day now, so I'm not some gothy teenage boy waiting for the next scary thrill!
I find the fairy type genre too bright and busy, perhaps me old eyes are wearing out, but I like the dark and shadowy!
Besides, that Drake is quite nice eye candy, there is a bit of humour in the dialogue (so far)
Apart from the odd one or two that really didn't quite do it for me, I have all Redemptions...In fact I think this one has probably gone back to previous high levels...
(have only played a bit of the demo mind! )

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 16, 17 10:58 AM

When your best journalist comes knocking at your door in the middle of the night, you can bet on the fact that she's stumbled onto something incredible. That bet will pay off, because Karen has discovered a cemetery where she believes, people are just dying to get in! This cemetery is heavily guarded (and by heavily guarded, I mean one guard who refuses to sink with the ship) but her investigative skills have now led her to believe that the guards aren't there to keep people from getting in, it's to keep people from getting out!

Clap, clap, clap, clap. I have good news, and bad news. The good news is that Amax is really digging their heels in, they are jumping in with both feet, they refuse to accept the agony of deFeet (sorry, can't help myself, gotta use those pun opportunities) In all honesty, it's clear to see that they are really trying to get it right, they aren't sticking a toe in the HOPA waters, they are getting both feet wet (oops I did it again) They are trying to give us something new in a stagnate environment. The bad news is that I think they are trying too hard, because some of these features initially piqued my interest, but quickly became annoying.

The first new feature Amax added was way more dialog to sift through in an attempt to build a character/gamer relationship bond. Then they added Conversation Options, which in itself isn't all that bad, but it takes place on almost every conversation in every scene, multiple times. Again, that in itself isn't all that bad, however, for me it became annoying because I was constantly having to click on the dialog box at the bottom, to advance the conversation, then up to the top to click whichever choice I wanted, and then back to the bottom again to advance the conversation. If I chose the wrong answer, I would have to go back to the conversation option to click on the dialog option once again. A little goes a long way, they went a little overboard with it, and it may have helped if the two boxes were closer to the bottom dialog box?!?

They have also added a feature that looks to me like it's the majority of the CE bling. There aren't any collectibles or morphs offered, just points to earn to tip the scales of justice. When you are making those above mentioned decisions, depending on which answers you choose, you receive either Order points or Chaos points, moral or immoral choices. There is a moon on the bottom left that will turn red if you begin to make Chaotic or unethical decisions during the game. I like this theory, because it can make the game more interesting to replay, by making different choices, IF it effects the outcome of the story.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Nov 16, 17 12:42 PM
I don't mind this game - the ONLY disappointment is that they have not included any extras like collectibles, morphing objects, etc, etc. I like having to look for these other items, makes the game more interesting, for me, anyway. Oh well, I find that a lot of the newer CE games are putting less of these collectible items, etc. into the games. I don't care for wallpapers and such, so those are useless items for me. Mostly I buy the CE's because of the added bonus chapter.

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Nov 16, 17 1:21 PM
I love this series but thought the last few offerings were not so good. This one seems to be a reincarnation of the true spirit of Redemption Cemetery. Tad disappointed there are no extras like morphs etc but as the HUGE code worked I cant complain! Had to smile at the fishes who thought this is a dark story - title rather says it all. Actually I thought one or two of the ghosts were rather likeable but then I went over to the dark side of the pond some time ago. As always give it a try you might like it!

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Nov 16, 17 4:05 PM
Started out great...if you like a gothic and dark atmospheres, which I do...but as the demo progressed it did a total turn around..to saving Karen from snakes? (WHAT?)....and rescuing Nathan from a tank like he is Houdini. I didn't care much for being greeted by someone pointing a shotgun at me in the beginning of the game. There are many tasks to complete, some of which I thought were ridiculous as well as tedious...finding this and that to put here and there. I found myself using the hint a great deal to get moving in this game to see where it was going, but the demo seemed very short.

I was hoping to like this game as I own most of the others, but am disappointed so far and do not know that I am inclined to buying it yet. Would like to read opinions of those who have bought the game. A great disappointment is there are no collectibles...and this is not going to go over well at all. What is with collecting points for making decisions and who cares about that, anyway? It's like the developers didn't feel like taking the time to incorporate collectibles.

In the extras I counted 17 HOS---18 mini games that you can replay. I was not impressed with the 3 HOS I came across, one being spot the difference, finding clock parts, (huh?) and the third was a scrolling scene to find dangerous animals (brilliant). The first mini game was an arcade style of shooting bats...then placing skulls that are on chains into open slots, and climbing a wall. Real cool, don't you agree?

It is a pain having to keep clicking on conversations, then having to choose your response. Is there anyone who likes this sort of thing? If so, enjoy because there is plenty of it. We also have a crow to help once in a while which was ok...Didn't find him to be time consuming and I actually thought he added to the game at first...until the whole atmosphere of the game changed from the gothic to a regular and not spooky type game. It seems like it may even be headed to being a circus which is not a bad analogy to how things are going, so for you who like a non gothic, spooky game, this does take a turn...just those snakes which we could have done without, but they don't last long.. + there is a wolf almost jumping out of the screen..+ the bats....then that's it, at least for the demo. And so far, the only dark scenes were the 2 in the beginning.

What comes after the demo, I have no idea. At this stage of the game it is a total gamble to buy it. Think I'll wait for the SE.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 16, 17 4:51 PM
Hello friends! As usual, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story line to other who do a much better job than I. However, I reserve the right to comment now and then on the story. This makes #11 in this series. No, I do not have them all and what I do have are not all CE versions either. The graphics in this addition are extremely well done, with no blurring when going in and out of close ups. Very nice for a change. Game play was excellent, no problems during the demo at all. Voices are age and character appropriate, with emotion, e.g. anger, fear, surprise, etc. Well done. Colors are nice, unless you are in the cemetery, then they get gray and lifeless, of course. Music is the same as in all the others in this series. I'd much rather hear good sound FX and forget the music. The sfx are nicely done and there seems to be the sound of wind almost throughout the demo. Yes, we do have a helpful raven in this one.

HOPs are just HOPs and nothing special. So far, just straight lists and some interactive thrown in. Scenes are not too bad, but a bit cluttered and very muted colors. There was nothing you could switch to if you got bored with the HOPs. Definitely needed something extra. Puzzles were fairly simple. I found only one that frustrated me to the point of skipping, but otherwise, nothing new. The hint system is very helpful, and actually gives you a hint when you ask for it. There is no transport in this game, which would have been very helpful, since you do a lot of back tracking. We do have a jump map that is set up nicely, with the areas clearly identified.

Collectibles...none! Instead, you get to choose dialog. I truly do not care to choose dialog. It's boring for me and takes away from the fun of the game. I assumed that whichever you chose, determines what happens in the game, so I did go back under another name and tried different answers. It didn't change anything, just changed the totals on my "order or karma" counter. Don't know what that does for us. However, it could eventually change the outcome of the game as we progress. It just didn't during the demo.

The last game in this series was far better than this one. This addition was very disappointing for me. Mostly because there were no collectibles, so what makes it CE worthy? The story started out interesting and made me want more, but once in the game, it slowed down and got a bit boring. I also got very tired of needing to use the raven for everything. I understand the need to use it, but it was used way too much for me. I'm sure there will be those who find this game fun and challenging, but I am not one of them. Definitely needed collectibles to help it along, and personally, I do not feel it is CE worthy as it stands. I will recommend this for beginners, and for those who don't care for collectibles, but no buy for me.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 17, 17 6:44 AM
A massive "thank you" to ERS/AMAX for this great game. Love the different things that have been added, and the characters are, as always, first class. Even the mouth movements seem to look even more realistic.

--- --- ---

Forgot to mention: Love the fact that I don't stumble over one HOS after another.

Edited on 11/17/2017 at 7:47:52 AM PST

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Bartsister on Nov 22, 17 7:21 PM
cathybobcat wrote:
It is a pain having to keep clicking on conversations, then having to choose your response. Is there anyone who likes this sort of thing? If so, enjoy because there is plenty of it.

Yes, there are a lot of people who enjoy this sort of thing. Old school adventure gamers are used to and like having dialogue options. And choice-based games are really popular in other genres, so I am not surprised that devs are trying to bring them to HOPAs.

I am playing this now and am absolutely loving it. The graphics are outstanding, the story is fun and I am going to take a nice long stroll through the cemetery and beyond tipping the scales towards chaos whenever the mood suits me.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Nov 25, 17 4:22 AM
judy76073 wrote:I don't mind this game - the ONLY disappointment is that they have not included any extras like collectibles, morphing objects, etc, etc. I like having to look for these other items, makes the game more interesting, for me, anyway. Oh well, I find that a lot of the newer CE games are putting less of these collectible items, etc. into the games. I don't care for wallpapers and such, so those are useless items for me. Mostly I buy the CE's because of the added bonus chapter.

I feel the same. Having our responses as "collectibles" is really boring. I'm the same when it comes to wallpapers and screen savers, I don't really care about those. I buy the CE's for the bonus chapter. And I expect to have REAL collectibles and morphs, those extra somethings that I get to search for. I know some people don't like those, but those are a "make it or break it" type of thing for me. I bought the game hoping that there would be something more, and also because I have enjoyed previous games in this series. But I really hope that there won't be anymore games with responses as collectibles. That's just dumb.

[Post New]by DeeSmith0883 on Nov 26, 17 5:02 PM
Loved the game until I kept getting a runtime error - I love this site, love the games and only rarely do I ever have problems but this was recurring and simply crashed the game. Tried re-installing but it never straightened itself out. Kinda disappointed as it is my kind of game. I love the creepy, ghostly, mysterious stuff. Just wished this one had been payable. : -(

Edited on 11/26/2017 at 5:03:14 PM PST

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Dec 1, 17 6:53 PM
I liked this game even though it kind of goes off the formula for Redemption Cemetery.

Oddly, RC is one series with an almost bulletproof formula that could just go on and on forever. You go to the magic cemetery and you solve mysteries to save souls from the past. I don't think it really needed a "Big Bad" to fight, but this installment gives us one.

Still, it played well and was reasonably interesting. And unlike some games, the bonus game was well related to the story. My only real quibble is that the bonus game had a lot of quality glitches for me. Things would just go dead and refuse to be picked up or interacted with until I would go out of the scene and come back...a lot. I'm guessing there wasn't much beta testing for the bonus game.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Dec 5, 17 9:28 AM
I tried this game and I want it but I have a big note wait for the SV. I'm a big CE fan but you vote with your dollars and I don't like that they don't have a collectible or morphs. They should have more extras. Can I ask? Do you have Windows 10 PC?

I really liked the last one, Embodiment of Evil. I thought it was Super Fun.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jan 5, 18 6:48 PM
This was a game truly worth every penny, It was so long I actually couldn't wait to finish it!

It had excellent graphics, voices, multiple scenes and things to do. The only down side was there were no collectables and the good/bad responses depending on what you said as a response had no value.

It would have made the game more interesting if in the extra section there was an additional prize/game/secret room - something - for doing well and coming out in front.

All in all, highly recommended.

Go to: