margkost
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

ROM players who are not playing until it is fixed in Big Fish

[Post New]by margkost on Nov 16, 17 3:44 PM
I am concerned that bypassing the security settings of various browsers to play ROM would compromise my computer. So I am reluctantly holding off playing until it is fixed in Big Fish.

I hope my great neighbors know that I have been a consistent regular player and would stay with me. But I understand if I get deleted

Just thought I would start this thread for other players who are holding off playing and would like to inform their neighbors.

Hope it's fixed soon !

Chiroptera
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:ROM players who are not playing until it is fixed in Big Fish

[Post New]by Chiroptera on Nov 16, 17 4:39 PM
I am also waiting until the game is fixed. I ain't risking more than I already have for a game, lol. I'd play through the app but it's telling me I need flash installed when I already do have flash (and have the recent version) which is weird. So I'm not going through any more trouble for it.

Hope my neighbors and guild mates understand too. Sorry I cannot get on! I just hope this issue doesn't last more than week. Otherwise, I may go on another hiatus. Blegh.

[Post New]by susie476337 on Nov 16, 17 4:56 PM
I am also waiting until the is fixed...so I'm hoping all my neighbors will be patient and not delete me.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 16, 17 5:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

I want to thank you all for your patience. The Moderation Team doesn't receive information about if or when Rooms of Memory will receive an update that allows the game to interact with the website again; we appreciate your understanding as we also await news of an update.

It sounds like your intentions are to wait until the game can be played again. The Moderation Team strongly recommends against making security adjustments to web browsers. There could be numerous unintended consequences, including the game becoming unplayable.

If any questions or concerns arise, my fellows moderators and I will happily answer them. Don't hesitate to send one of us a PM!

bfgBeruna

ratchetr
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by ratchetr on Nov 16, 17 5:45 PM
bfgBeruna wrote:There could be numerous unintended consequences, including the game becoming unplayable.)

That is a bit amusing, given that the starting point is that the game as already unplayable.

But I agree that people shouldn't change browser security settings if they aren't comfortable doing that, and have some understanding of the risks.

[Post New]by musicdancer on Nov 16, 17 6:16 PM
waiting also til the game is fixed!

rheach
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by rheach on Nov 16, 17 8:46 PM
I know I'll be sleeping tomorrow, it's very disappointing and annoying that this has happened and not being able to do anything but wait and I also agree changing security settings is not the answer or an option. Hope to see you all soon and good luck.

lorakeet
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by lorakeet on Nov 17, 17 2:35 AM
I'm waiting also! Not changing security settings!

[Post New]by shamanic on Nov 17, 17 3:07 AM
I'm waiting also! Hope to see you all soon and good luck.

[Post New]by emmielou102 on Nov 17, 17 5:20 AM
I can't speak for everyone (naturally) but for myself... I won't delete any sleepers from my neighbors as long as this issue persists. I love and adore my neighbors and will mow lawns, check mail, and water plants while you guys/gals are away... BUT! I draw the line at washing windows

Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

[Post New]by Energyworker on Nov 17, 17 6:04 AM
I too am waiting until the game is fixed.

Edited on 11/17/2017 at 6:06:02 AM PST

Phoebe1157
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Phoebe1157 on Nov 17, 17 7:16 AM
ROM Gamers FYI...
This game was on another game forum and also the same issues occurred...we were told they are going to fix the problem 8+ months later it still isn't fixed on that forum.. Hopefully BFG will have better luck getting the game up and running..
Happy Gaming

[Post New]by LinaPopina on Nov 17, 17 7:30 AM
I'll be back - when I can log in the game again!

[Post New]by dimdgirl on Nov 17, 17 7:38 AM
This is ridiculous! It should not take almost a week to fix this! This is a disservice to all the people who play this game! Please give us some idea when this game will be operational again!

jannae
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jannae on Nov 17, 17 8:40 AM
I am disappointed that I can't play. I might be forced to clean out my basement since RM isn't taking up my time. Hope to see my neighbors and guild members soon.
They say Patience is a virtue.We will see.

Jannae

Mare45
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Mare45 on Nov 17, 17 9:28 AM
It's good to see I'm not alone in waiting for ROM to get fixed. I see some of my neighbors have posted on here as well and we can only hope that the fix is soon or it may end up being a very long winter. I need that ROM fix at lease twice per day. This is not the only game that is tied up on BF so hopefully they will get it done soon. Take care all you loyal players.

[Post New]by mollyanne59 on Nov 17, 17 9:38 AM
I am waiting until game is fixed, I hope my wonderful neighbours will not delete me also I hope my guild mates will have patience with me. I miss all my neighbours.

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Nov 17, 17 12:17 PM
Well there goes another lost chest for me due to BFG issues.
I'm hopefully that my hood knows that the game is not working. I also have received the same message about allowing unsecure sites to (?) open the game.
On a good note it sounds like some gamers are still playing...have fun for all of us.
Lily

Rylj
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Rylj on Nov 17, 17 1:48 PM
The point that there are people playing ROM is not really good as it says to the site that its OK to be slow in fixing the problem!!! And OK that Big Fish is receiving fees for NOT supplying the game!
NOT impressed!! to both parties.
Missing out on a chest, a big one too, is another tweak on the nose.
Hope they plan to compensate when/if it comes back!!

"Not happy Jan"

javacupper
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by javacupper on Nov 17, 17 2:00 PM
I continue to play the game through the Big Fish Game Manager but I will not remove any sleeping neighbors until well after the situation is resolved.

Go to: