Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witchcraft: Pandora's Box here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 17, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/17/2017 at 9:33:34 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witchcraft: Pandora's Box here.

[Post New]by the_girlchild on Nov 17, 17 4:44 AM
not sure how to do this... i'm playing the game and at the place to cut down the ruin G for the lil guy... I have his sword.. I know where to cut it down but the ruins will not magnify for me. I even hunted down a youtube vid to watch if I was missing something and I did step by step as the vid but when I come to the place to cut the ruin down nothing happens... I click and click and click..

I even reinstalled the game thing that would help... now i'm asking can You help me? I'm using PC and windows 10
thank You for Your time..

Edited on 11/17/2017 at 4:45:46 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 17, 17 5:39 AM
I'm in the same boat, I can't do anything at this point and the hint button doesn't do anything. It has to be a glitch!

[Post New]by PandaBlueBaby on Nov 17, 17 6:02 AM
The game is stuck . The hint button does not do anything at this point. I have a sword, all the pieces to the broken pot and one medallion piece. The boy is out of the cage. There is no where to go from here. Something is wrong with the game. Please don't post your"usual" This is what you do when you are having trouble with the game stuff" there is a glitch in the game at this point. No buy for me. Delete!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 17, 17 6:41 AM
Has anyone been able to cut the rune and progress? I'd like to know if I reinstall the game if the glitch will go away, but I only have 6 min left on demo and I don't want to use a PCC if nobody has been able to get past this point!

Don't they check these games before releasing them? If everyone is stuck at the same point, it's an obvious problem, perhaps someone from BF should have tried to play the game, the entire demo at bare minimum, before releasing it!?!

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Nov 17, 17 7:58 AM
Please add me to the 'stuck at the rune' glitch. I too have looked at the walkthrough.

Windows 10.

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Nov 17, 17 8:59 AM
Pick up the blank rune next to the pixie at the bottom right of your inventory bar and put it on the rune in the game. The stone will light up and can be used as magic to do different things in the game. Like glue together the bowl.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 17, 17 9:33 AM
Howdy Everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct these types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 17, 17 9:49 AM
Hello again,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences while playing Witchcraft: Pandora's Box. It sounds like some players who have shared their experiences here are at a point where they need to cut down a rune and are unable to do so, even with a guide with the appropriate steps. I'm sorry this is happening and wanted to swim by to provide some steps that may be able to assist.

If you are playing on Windows and haven't already done so, running this game with more permissions as an Administrator could help with the game progressing past this point by giving it all the permissions it needs to run smoothly. If you'd like to try those steps, they are available in the following article:

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with the title of the game and a description of what has happened as well as what steps you have tried to resolve the issue. Our Reps will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Even after testing a game across a wide variety of hardware and software combinations, technical issues may occur, so we definitely want to learn more should players experience an issue that our Big Fish Help Pages are unable to quickly resolve. Thank you for your patience and I hope that those suggested steps are helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of the forum's moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 17, 17 9:52 AM
For some reason, I had no problem with the rune. It cut down with no probnlem and now I have a helper?

[Post New]by the_girlchild on Nov 17, 17 2:30 PM
Well shucky darn...... now it is giving me an error message....

I did all that You said to do in This PC... the game would not run.. so I did the Run compatibility troubleshooter... and it game me the following error....

Error:Access violation at 0x77069b1b (tried to write to 0x000a0ff4), program terminated.

sooooo.... I am guessing once again... I need to contact Customer Support and tell them I bought ANOTHER game that I can not play on this computer?

Edited on 11/17/2017 at 2:36:00 PM PST

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Nov 17, 17 4:04 PM
I ran into the same problem about getting the rune stone for the little boy. I knew what I had to do but it didn't matter how many times I tried to cut the rune down with the sword, it would not do it. I noticed that the 'Hint' had also stopped working.

I tried running it as 'Administrator' & that made no difference. I uninstalled, then reinstalled game - again, there was no change.

I like this game but until there is a fix for this glitch, I won't be buying it.

O S is Windows 10 Fall Creators Edition 64bit

Kam

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 17, 17 5:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm really sorry this game isn't working properly. Let's try and fix that.

Please begin by checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver is responsible for directing how graphics are displayed, and updating it can fix a number of game troubles. If you haven't already, I'd also recommend running the game in Administrator Mode; this will ensure it has the necessary permissions to access the resources it needs.

I've included help pages with those instructions below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Nov 18, 17 2:13 AM
Thanks Beruna for your advice. I know my computer's graphics card driver is up to date as I downloaded the latest driver last week As I said in my previous post, I have tried running the game in Administrator mode but it did not help.

It appears there is some glitch in the game - I noticed in the walkthrough that when you are looking at the runes, the written commentary mentions seeing a letter on the hand of the small boy but when I rescued the small boy & 'talked' with him, I did not see his hand. I did try returning to look more closely at the lad but I wasn't able to re-inspect him.

Kam

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 18, 17 11:58 AM
Hello Kamana_29,

My deepest apologies! I overlooked that the game had already been run in Administrator Mode. I've passed this information along, but since the Moderation Team isn't kept apprised of if and when game-fixing updates will be released, I'm unable to offer more information about when the glitch might be resolved. Thank you so much for your patience.

If you'd prefer to replace the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll gladly help you with that transaction. I wish you the best of luck, and please have a lovely weekend.

bfgBeruna

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Nov 18, 17 6:49 PM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Kamana_29,

My deepest apologies! I overlooked that the game had already been run in Administrator Mode. I've passed this information along, but since the Moderation Team isn't kept apprised of if and when game-fixing updates will be released, I'm unable to offer more information about when the glitch might be resolved. Thank you so much for your patience.

If you'd prefer to replace the game, please contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000093788">Technical Support Team</a>. They'll gladly help you with that transaction. I wish you the best of luck, and please have a lovely weekend.

bfgBeruna

No apologies required Beruna, I assumed you giving everyone advice, not just me.

Thanks! I know you only find out about game updates when they are ready to be released which must be frustrating for you

I haven't purchased the game yet. I have 20 mins left on the demo; I'm going to try restarting a new game now I've re-re-downloaded the game again & wiped my previous game history and see if I can make it to the point of the glitch so I can attempt to get the runes again before the timer runs out

Kam

ETA: Good news! I managed to race through the game to the glitch point ....& this time I was able to cut the rune down with no problems! I don't know whether this is random error or not. I have now downloaded the game 3 times. On this play through, I carefully looked at the little boy & noticed he had a big G on his chest, although the game made no mention of me examining him perhaps that was the trigger

Edited on 11/18/2017 at 7:28:48 PM PST

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Nov 21, 17 10:37 AM
just the demo, this time ,but the cursor is not stable goes all over the place.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 21, 17 12:31 PM
Hi phoenix_rising,

Jumping cursors could certainly make playing the game a bit of a challenge. For that sort of thing, it can be helpful to turn off the option for the custom cursor, since they can sometimes not get along well with certain computer configurations. Should that not resolve the issue, we can also check for video card driver updates to see if that helps out.

If not, please feel free to send a message to our Technical Support Team for further help. They'll have the tools to best assist when basic troubleshooting doesn't lead to a solution. You can also PM me or another Moderator whenever you have questions or concerns. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Nov 22, 17 10:32 PM
No way for me to cut the runes either. Win 7 Pro 64-bit. And I really don't think having to uninstall and reinstall much of a solution.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Dec 7, 17 12:58 PM
also stuck, hint not working.

Go to: