Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 18, 17 12:44 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/18/2017 at 10:14:24 AM PST

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by lolaluv on Nov 18, 17 7:08 AM
The game won't maximize on my screen. It launches but I can't get it to hijack the screen to play it. Unfortunately I already bought it. Any tips on how to get it to actually run? I see it in my taskbar but it won't stay selected.

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Nov 18, 17 7:42 AM
Same problem here with trial. I get a black screen and the message: "Input signal out of range. Change settings to 1600X900 Hz"

Couldnt exit. Control/Alt/Delete didn't work. Had to reboot my computer manually to get out of the screen.

Windows 10

PS My settings ARE 1600X900

Edited on 11/21/2017 at 7:12:32 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 18, 17 10:14 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

IAMADOL
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by IAMADOL on Nov 18, 17 10:15 AM
I can't download the demo. I get error 3. I have rebooted the game manager and the computer. I'm wondering if there is a problem.

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Nov 18, 17 10:39 AM
I also got an error message while activating but after a few minutes it is here, hope no more clitches

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 18, 17 10:39 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry there's been trouble getting the game to work. I'm swimming over to provide help.

lolaluv: Let's try adjusting some of the settings on the Big Fish Games app. Please follow the steps below:

1. Right-click on your Big Fish Games app icon and select Properties.
2. Click the Compatibility tab, and on that screen check the boxes next to Disable Visual Themes and Disable Desktop Composition, then click OK.

After completing these steps, as long as you have the Big Fish Games app open when you launch your game, these setting adjustments should prevent the game from minimizing.

kainesis2: If a game is not displaying properly on your screen, using the monitor's 'Auto-adjust' feature can often help. The way this feature appears may vary depending on the model of the monitor. Please check the monitor for a button labeled Auto-Adjust or Auto. If you don’t see a button with one of those labels on the monitor itself, try checking the monitor's menu options.

IAMADOL: For more help with troubleshooting Error Code 3, please see the help page below:

Error Code 3

Should these suggestions not work, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide more help. You're also more than welcome to PM me or another moderator if there are any remaining questions. We'll be glad to help.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 11/18/2017 at 2:34:28 PM PST

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Nov 18, 17 2:08 PM
lolaluv wrote:The game won't maximize on my screen. It launches but I can't get it to hijack the screen to play it. Unfortunately I already bought it. Any tips on how to get it to actually run? I see it in my taskbar but it won't stay selected.

I have the same issue and I'm running Windows 10. Is that what you're using? So frustrating. I wanted to try it. I let them know when I tried to play the beta that it did the same thing then. Evidently no one paid attention.

Edited on 11/18/2017 at 2:08:43 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 18, 17 2:42 PM
Hello leapfrog0202,

I'm sorry there's trouble with the game minimizing, and I'm here to provide some help.

Making some adjustments to the Big Fish Games app should fix this problem. Please follow the directions below:

1. Right-click on your Big Fish Games app icon and select Properties.
2. Click the Compatibility tab, and on that screen check the boxes next to Disable Visual Themes and Disable Desktop Composition, then click OK.

Once those steps have been finished, keep the Big Fish Games app running while playing the game. Changing the settings will keep the game from minimizing as long as the app is open.

If these steps don't work, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide a new solution. Don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator, either. We'll provide whatever help we can.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by notretired on Nov 18, 17 6:29 PM
kainesis2 wrote:Same problem here with trial. I get a black screen and the message: "Input signal out of range. Change settings to 1600X900 Hz"

Couldnt exit. Control/Alt/Delete didn't work. Had to reboot my computer manually to get out of the screen.

Windows 10

Me too.

[Post New]by seattlewriter on Nov 18, 17 9:48 PM
Same problem, can't get it to maximize. I tried the right click and go to Compatibility tab, however there were no options for Disable Visual Themes or Disable Desktop Composition so that was no help.
Wendy

[Post New]by ChatCaro on Nov 19, 17 5:45 AM
seattlewriter wrote:Same problem, can't get it to maximize. I tried the right click and go to Compatibility tab, however there were no options for Disable Visual Themes or Disable Desktop Composition so that was no help.
Wendy

Same here

Edited on 11/19/2017 at 5:45:59 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 19, 17 12:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some display issues with the game, and I'm sorry to hear that's happened! Let's see if we can get things fixed up with a bit of troubleshooting.

For display issues (things not fitting on the screen, errors referencing a particular resolution, etc), a good first place to start is adjusting the Screen Resolution for the system. Some games can be picky about the resolutions that they'll work well on, so experimenting a bit with the resolution to find one that works best can help out.

Since it sounds like there were some trouble locating the options from the previous troubleshooting steps for the game minimizing, let's give a try to a different set of steps to see if they help us out:

1. Right-click the shortcut for the game on the Desktop
2. Click on Properties in the menu
3. Select the Shortcut tab in the window that appears
4. Next to the word Run, there will be a drop-down box. Set that box to Maximized and then click OK.

Should this not resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide assistance using tools that our Forum Moderation Team doesn't have access to, and they can also help gather information helpful for reporting the issue. You're also welcome to send a PM to me or another Moderator at any time. We'll do our very best to help out in the ways we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Nov 20, 17 9:36 AM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some display issues with the game, and I'm sorry to hear that's happened! Let's see if we can get things fixed up with a bit of troubleshooting.

For display issues (things not fitting on the screen, errors referencing a particular resolution, etc), a good first place to start is adjusting the <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230290028">Screen Resolution</a> for the system. Some games can be picky about the resolutions that they'll work well on, so experimenting a bit with the resolution to find one that works best can help out.

Since it sounds like there were some trouble locating the options from the previous troubleshooting steps for the game minimizing, let's give a try to a different set of steps to see if they help us out:

1. Right-click the shortcut for the game on the Desktop
2. Click on Properties in the menu
3. Select the Shortcut tab in the window that appears
4. Next to the word Run, there will be a drop-down box. Set that box to Maximized and then click OK.

Should this not resolve the issue, please send a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a>. They'll be able to provide assistance using tools that our Forum Moderation Team doesn't have access to, and they can also help gather information helpful for reporting the issue. You're also welcome to send a PM to me or another Moderator at any time. We'll do our very best to help out in the ways we can.

bfgArinelle

Hi Arinelle,

Just wanted to say thanks for trying to help. None of your fixes worked for me. I'm using a year old laptop running Windows 10. It seems to me that the developer is going to need to fix their Windows 10 display problem before we'll be able to try this game, much less purchase it.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 20, 17 10:04 AM
Hi leapfrog0202,

I'm sorry to hear the steps haven't helped out. I've passed along to the appropriate teams the reports from our players in this thread, and we sincerely apologize for any troubles that have been present while trying to play the game. Since the aforementioned steps haven't helped, the best next step is to reach out to our Technical Support Team. They can help us gather information to supplement those reports, and they can also offer additional help.

As always, feel free to send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators if there are questions or concerns. We'll be happy to help out however we can.

bfgArinelle

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Nov 20, 17 2:13 PM
I am having the same problem, and I have done what has been suggested, and it stayed the same, are we going to get a solution to this fault, for example an update to correct the problem, I don't want my money back, I want to be able to play this game, why don't the developers make sure that all problems and issues are corrected before it's released, as Big Fish members, occasionally we are asked to try a game before it's released, to see if the game plays alright, so why can't the developers do the same.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 20, 17 2:17 PM
Hi j62janet,

We apologize for any inconvenience experienced while playing the game. Games released on our site are rigorously tested on different computer configurations to try to make sure things will run smoothly. Sometimes particular configurations have issues, and we collect reports from our players if such issues arise so that information can be passed along to appropriate parties. Thank you for taking the time to let us know you have experienced this issue. We really appreciate that you've reported it to us.

At this time, we don't have any information about any possible updates for the game, so the best course if the aforementioned troubleshooting steps haven't helped is to contact our Technical Support Team. They can help us report issues by gathering information helpful for investigating, and they can also provide additional assistance beyond what's available to our Forum Moderation team. Please feel free to PM me or another Moderator as well if there are questions or concerns. We'll be happy to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Nov 22, 17 5:35 AM
same roblem cant see whats on the left side of the game. using windows 10

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 22, 17 2:20 PM
Hi ciscaR8,

Sorry to hear that part of the screen has gone into hiding. Often when this happens, the current resolution settings for the computer aren't getting along well with the game. Some games can be kind of picky about the resolutions they work best at, and things end up off-screen when what the game wants doesn't match up with what the computer has. It can help in those cases to adjust the screen resolution to see if that fixes things up. Steps for doing this can be found here:

Screen Resolution

Should that not resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so they can offer additional help. You can also PM me or another Moderator with questions or concerns. We'll do our very best to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Nov 25, 17 9:08 AM
When I played this game on my windows 8.1 laptop, it wouldn't open fully, I've downloaded the game to my husbands windows 10 laptop, and it plays alright, so I'm happy about this

Edited on 11/28/2017 at 12:51:12 AM PST

Go to: