Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 18, 17 12:47 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/18/2017 at 10:13:59 AM PST

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by rainworm on Nov 18, 17 1:52 AM
The dreampath leads us into fantasyland for the third time now and magic will again play a decisive role.
Playing as apprentice of court wizard Regis, we are in the realm of King Altus. A widowed king with two sons, one of which he had to banish from the kingdom for killing his elder brother. Now he has fallen under the influence of dark magic . Ill and not himself anymore, he is under the impression, Regis had attempted to murder him. He condems the wizard to death. As Regis’ appentrice you are arrested as well. From your cell you can see the execution of your master. When the executioner lifts the axe to decapitate the delinquent, a large blue bird circles low in the air over the scene and with the blade only inches away from the wizard’s neck, he simply vanishes!
Of course Regis is not guilty of a murder attempt and was framed by the same dark forces, which hold the king in their grip. You need to escape your prison and find Regis. Together you will locate the true enemy.
This is a pure fantasy game with all the features, you wish for in the genre. We have an opulent scenery, dazzling colors, a rich overall design and a fantastic story of black and white magic. As an apprentice to the magic profession, you will use glyphs to achieve the one or other goal. But fortunately the game renounces of gimmicks or gadgets. HOS are variable and creative, puzzles more on the easy side. But the plot unfolds rather fast and the story is not new but fascinating and charmingly told.

though not my preferred genre, I give in to the charme of the´is game"

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Nov 18, 17 3:12 AM
While I normally prefer scary or dark mythology type games, it is nice to have a relaxing, beautiful Nature game to play for a change. This type of game plays to my true nature, and I too found it charming. I didn't have any technical issues with the game, so it's a buy for me.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Nov 18, 17 5:45 AM
After a bunch of creepy games, we have one that's more fairytaleish! Its colorful, nice HO scenes, and a discount code! Its fine if others don't like it! But please don't bully ones comments that do! If you don't like it that's fine to comment on your feelings.Fishes have the right to there likes & dislikes! It really bothers me to hear put downs to what others say! & its against BFs forum rules!

Edited on 11/18/2017 at 1:36:32 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 18, 17 7:39 AM

Boolat games is one of those devs who obviously takes pride in their work. They are somehow able to create adventure games with some of the most vivid colors, and don't get me started on the detail! When I zoomed into one of the scenes the first thing I noticed, was two dried and crumbling leaves! Wow, you might say, who cares? Look at those two leaves, pay attention, because those 2 leaves are incredibly realistic, look around each scene, don't just look for the next obvious task, admire the beauty and the detail, because their artists CARED enough to pay attention to detail. Now if they could just work on the jilted character movements....

I have to admit that I actually enjoyed searching each scene for the colorful twinkling gems this CE offers. Because the colors are so bright and vivid, these gems don't always slap you in the face, and some of them are hidden within zoom zones just to catch you off guard. Some of the scenes have Morphing Objects to discover as well.

You play the role of a Magician in training who gets thrown to the wolves. In the demo, the first lesson Regis the chief Wizard teaches you, is the Healing Glyph. I'm pretty sure you eventually learn to walk on water but that's just my guess lol. Fire blows from your fingertips as you work your magic on everything and everybody who needs a heal or two, including an overly dramatic archer named Dana. If I wasn't being hunted down at that point I'd probably have held off on my healing thingy just to see if I could get a couple more dramatic moans, coughs, and gurgles from this chick, way to milk it girl!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Nov 18, 17 8:00 AM

At last we have this absolutely exquisite fantasy game I've been waiting for. Graphics are wonderful with cheerful colors thus far! Story line, looks promising, music very good, so I'll leave it on for awhile. Really glad to add this one to my Dreampath series since I've played the others so often I can quote the dialogue. So today I'm a happy gamer!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 18, 17 10:13 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 18, 17 11:30 AM
Hello friends! As always, I mostly review on the game play and leave the story line to others who do a much better job of it. I do reserve the right to comment on the story now and then and here and there. Looks like we have #3 in this series. Yes, I have the first two in the CE version. Colors are the same as in the other two games, very bright, almost too much in some areas, but basically very nice. Graphics are quite nice, with eye and mouth movements. Game play was excellent, with no problems during the demo and it fit my large screen quite nicely. Voice overs are nicely done, being age and character appropriate. Again, we have a choice in dialog, not one of my favorite things to do in a game. Just doesn't make it seem realistic if you have to click on what you want to say. Yes, it is in every character interaction. You can click through dialog if you read faster than they speak. Music is rather soothing and nice and not at all over powering. Sound FX in this game are very well done and very realistic, bugs, birds, animals, items being moved, running water, etc. Animation is well done and have fairly smooth movements. I do wonder if they really had metal screws in the 16th century. Sometimes, things are quite out of place for the era and time period of the game. Also, if you find a lock pick, why do you have to throw it away and find a key for the next door? Why can't we just keep it? It's the little things.

HOPs are very nicely done and varied, with a combination of matching pairs, interactive lists, highlighted words, silhouettes, and fragments. We even had a puzzle within the HOP. Well done. I did not see that you can switch to something else. Items are not difficult to find and the scenes are fairly clear. It seemed the more you had to do, the more cluttered the scene was, but not overly so. Still, it was not difficult to find the item you needed. I like that you don't collect piles of items in your inventory before you actually use them. They get used pretty quickly. Puzzles were a little different, not difficult, but a couple took me a bit of time to complete. I do have to say that the sliding game is a long way from my favorite..I just skip that one, as it is very frustrating to me. Hint system is helpful, but I didn't see that it transported to longer locations. Maybe I didn't go far enough yet. Put on your tennis shoes, as you do a lot of back tracking in this one. There is a jump map, but you must put your cursor on the area in order to know what the area is. This is what I call the "lazy man's map," and it's boring. Yes, it transports.

Collectibles aren't bad. We have "twinkles," that are various colored and shaped gems. They are very small and quite easy to over look, as they mostly look like a small reflection of light. Be on the look out for these, there are 90 of them. There can be more than one in each scene. All we get out of collecting all of them, is a bonus match 3 game. We also have 14 morphing flowers. These are quite large, but not easy to spot. The morph in for only about 2 seconds and out for about 10 seconds. Blink and you miss them.

The story line is really nothing new, wizards, magic and kings, and it moved slowly. It wasn't a challenging game at all but I did like the HOPs. Still, it didn't make me want to run out and buy it. It seemed geared more toward the beginner, than a seasoned gamer. That said, now and then I like games that take no brain power, I'm just not sure this one is CE worthy. I think I will wait for the SE on this one. I do recommend this game, simply because of the wonderful HOPs, but not for the challenge.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not like this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Nov 18, 17 7:28 PM
This is a really cool game, I am enjoying this very much, I never bought the first one, bought the second and now I have purchased this one, I am not going to say much because it would be a spoiler, All I can say is a very good game

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Nov 18, 17 8:34 PM
MaryCricket sent you a PM about the other games in this series.

I've play completely through this game including the bonus chapter and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

BTW I don't know if any of the other reviewers have mentioned it but this developer has made it possible in the extras to go back and get any "morphs" and collectables that you might have missed. Not a tear your hair out difficult game just wonderfully relaxing.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 18, 17 9:09 PM
I was so happy to see a non spooky and dark game, I took a chance and bought it without trying it first. (I know, you should never do that but couldn't help myself. The graphics are fantastic with an attention to detail that I haven't seen in a long time. Some of the mini-games were above my expertise, but that's a small price to pay for a great game. As Siskel and Hebert would say, "Two Thumbs Up"

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Nov 19, 17 12:23 AM
Based on the demo: The bones have been covered in detail by other reviewers, so I'll suffice it to say that, in my opinion, this game doesn't measure up to those which preceded it in the series. The quality of the graphics has dropped, & w/ the exception of the chicken-riding "mini-game" (if you can seriously call it that) seen in the sales media, every mini-game seen in the demo has been used multiple times by this dev before. We also see the beginnings of corners being cut, in things like healing someone by waving our hand in their general direction from a (significant) distance, as opposed to "zooming in", as one would expect. Lots of people will love this game, & I have no doubt it will be #1 before the week is out, but for me, it's not a sale, & I would only recommend it to those who haven't played the other games in this series before, or at least not recently.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 20, 17 5:24 PM
I finished the game, and I liked it a lot! Also, I played again, the one before "Curse of the swamp", and really that was much better. Graphics and colors, puzzles, flow story, were superior and make me sad that Devs don't do any effort to please their customers.

I love games lighthearted and full of colors, and the puzzles Boolat maybe repeated are the ones I like. And my comment about the other Dreampath is to ask them to improve their beautiful games and don't be lazy or in a rush, we appreciate a good job.

Happy Thanksgiving to people who celebrate it,
M.

[Post New]by issthereauser on Nov 22, 17 8:26 AM
I liked this game and really games that let you find collectibles, etc. you may have missed.

heletia
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by heletia on Dec 18, 17 9:56 PM
I LOVE IT!!!!!! These are my new favourites.

I am soooo sick of all the creepy & scary games, these are wonderful.

MORE PLEASE!!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jan 6, 18 10:27 PM
A nice pleasant fantasy game that I enjoyed playing.The mini's seldom had instructions as to what I was supposed to do but I worked it out more easily than I expected. This game I found out to be pretty laid back and easy pace.
I agree with the great positive reviews by my fellow Fishies and give this one a & 1/2 out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jan 14, 18 2:07 PM
I really liked this game. It was nice to play something different than the usual dark games - the scenes were colourful and pretty, the story interesting, the mini games were different...though there were a too few many HOS than I like.

I liked the collectables too and that the map showed you when you clicked on 'collectables' if there was one in that location. Some were easy to find, others you had to be careful so as not to miss them. To then be able to play a game with them afterwards - genius!

Loved, it! More games like this please BF!!

Go to: