mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

Suggestion for BFG Forums

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Nov 18, 17 6:07 AM
Give users the option to hide posts or mark them as read which would then move them to the older posts of that day.

This would allow users to move undesirable posts out of the way.

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

Re:Suggestion for BFG Forums

[Post New]by unofrio on Nov 18, 17 7:47 AM
Ooh, that would be nice!

D-NY

Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Nov 18, 17 10:55 PM
I would like to see topic segments, like a segment for questions about games, one for posting when finishing a CC or an achievement, and one for just silliness, where I would be all the time. I would also like to see old threads that have had no responses for say, three months, to be deleted. Nobody is going to read next April how many ghosts we caught in October.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Nov 19, 17 12:54 AM
I don't agree with having old posts deleted. I play games all the time and go in the game forum and look and read old posts from years ago that no one replied to. I like reading them and it also feels like I am not alone if we have the same question.

mommduck
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by mommduck on Nov 19, 17 1:39 AM
metmichallica wrote:I don't agree with having old posts deleted. I play games all the time and go in the game forum and look and read old posts from years ago that no one replied to. I like reading them and it also feels like I am not alone if we have the same question.

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Nov 19, 17 5:55 AM
metmichallica wrote:I don't agree with having old posts deleted. I play games all the time and go in the game forum and look and read old posts from years ago that no one replied to. I like reading them and it also feels like I am not alone if we have the same question.

This exactly. They should be left up as a resource even if at the end. I like the idea of categories and if that happened those threads would wind up at the end of whatever category they filled in. They'd be out of the way for those not interested and available for those who wanted to read up.

D-NY

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Nov 19, 17 9:02 AM
Howdah wrote: I would also like to see old threads that have had no responses for say, three months, to be deleted. Nobody is going to read next April how many ghosts we caught in October.

Like others, I disagree with having old posts deleted. They can still be useful, and even if they are not, I don't see why they should bother anyone. The fact that they have no replies by itself brings them to the bottom, so they are not in the way at all. Besides, such a thing would mess with the forum rank system, at least in its current form.

In any case, something similar exists already. If there's no post in a thread for six months, the thread is automatically locked. Not that I understand the purpose of this either, but it exists.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Nov 19, 17 9:04 AM
What I would like to see is the following:

1. And foremost, fix the ADVANCE SEARCH glitch! It has been there forever and is extremely inconvenient, defeating its whole purpose. Right now, all you can see is the first page of the results. Particularly in busy fora such as this one, this is disastrous. There's always the regular Search option, which does not have the glitch and gives all pages, but it means going through an endless number of pages, unless the keywords are indeed rare.

2. Lock the Welcome thread at the top. It serves no purpose whatsoever. It encourages new members to post on every aspect of the game and not search below for existing answers. Also, very few people read this thread, so the replies are few and are usually delayed. The Welcome thread should be just that, only be used as a welcome to a brand new forum, giving detailed instructions on how to use it, and thereafter be locked.

3. There's another glitch that needs to be fixed: Every time a thread is locked, another, very old, locked thread pops up on the first page (usually from the last page of the forum), usually displacing a current thread from the first page, which is then nowhere to be found and can only be retrieved by searching somebody's posts.

4. There should be a strong ad filter (not saying the forbidden four letter word, as all such posts are deleted).

Edited on 11/19/2017 at 9:05:37 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 19, 17 2:00 PM
Hi there Everyone,

Thank you so much for all of the great suggestions! Our Forums team definitely wants our forum community to be a positive, enjoyable experience that's also easy to use. Hearing ideas from our players is a great way for us to know what to aim for, and we appreciate each and every bit of feedback sent our way (be it positive or negative). I'll be happy to let the rest of the team know about this thread so we can get a better idea of what our players would like to see.

Hope everyone's having a fabulous weekend!

bfgArinelle

kujosmom
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by kujosmom on Nov 21, 17 8:39 AM
I really don't want the old posts deleted. It took me awhile before I even found the forum and received the benefit from the posts. As mentioned - old posts do get locked. I get bored and skim old posts to see what I have missed. My greatest find was finding out that I could disable night mode !!!!! Who knew !!! My next great find was learning how to have more than one game going on a single tablet. Yea !!!! We forget that there are new players and new forum finders everyday. I think the real problem is when users create a new post without taking a minute to see that there is already a post created for that same situation, and the search option definitely needs work. Love storming the castle !!! Keep up the great work developers ! and thank you friends for all of your assistance.

Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Nov 22, 17 1:18 AM
I would also like a search function that is limited to this game. I have put in a search for something that I have seen covered and it gives me stuff in other games.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Nov 22, 17 1:30 AM
Howdah wrote:I would also like a search function that is limited to this game. I have put in a search for something that I have seen covered and it gives me stuff in other games.

You do have that ability. Hit the Advanced Forum Search under where you would normally type your inquiry.

Go to: